Fan Forum
Remember Me?
Register

Request a Forum   |     View New Forums

Closed Thread   Post New Thread

Tags Thread Tools
Old 07-12-2017, 04:35 PM
Fan Forum Star

Oh, I'm never arguing against adding to the stores I've got. But it's paying more for it than if I'd just waited to buy it here at home... where you know I'll be buying more soon anyway... That's where I'm annoyed at myself.

In teas, I find I prefer mango to peach as well (with one major exception, where it doesn't really taste like real peach anyway).
Old 07-13-2017, 11:56 AM
Elite Fan

Mmm Mango. Mango and Strawberry tea is beautiful. I recommend this
Old 07-13-2017, 05:41 PM
Fan Forum Star

That sounds delicious.
Old 07-14-2017, 10:35 AM
Fan Forum Star

that does sound good, also makes me want some more blueberry lemon

The worst thing in your life may just contain the seeds for the best things to begin to grow.
Old 07-15-2017, 08:42 AM
Fan Forum Star

I tried David's Tea's white Passion Punch tea yesterday. That was very nice.
Old 08-16-2017, 04:39 PM
Fan Forum Star

I'm a tad bit behind on my news, but just saw where all Teavanas are closing.

The worst thing in your life may just contain the seeds for the best things to begin to grow.
Old 08-16-2017, 06:35 PM
Fan Forum Star

I saw that, too. I hope I get some money together before they start closing them here. I saw that they're starting with Canadian locations... like they always do anyway.
Old 08-17-2017, 09:42 AM
Dedicated Fan

Hi everyone!
I'll be starting college really soon again and my semester is jam packed and I'm worried about being awake enough for my 8am classes haha.
I've always liked tea much better than coffee and know I'll need that caffeine boost in the mornings.
I was hoping I could get some suggestions and/or advice from you fellow tea lovers about whether or not just drinking tea in the mornings before/on my way to school each more might work well enough for me. I've only ever drunk tea because I like the taste vs feeling like I needed it...I hope I make sense and that all my writing isn't bothersome xD
p.s. you can call me Emma :3
Old 08-17-2017, 06:03 PM
Fan Forum Star

Hi Emma.

Basically, tea has as much caffeine as coffee. If you want to get real specific, white tea, rooibos tea and herbal tea has little to no caffeine, but black, green and mate teas are full of the stuff.

To the point where I do want to caution you. I mean, I don't think it's worse than coffee. But, just like you should be cautious with your consumption of coffee, you should be watchful of the amount of tea you consume, and when.

The best way to figure out would probably be to go out there, see what seems good to you and experiment. I would advise against drinking black, green and mate teas on an empty stomach (though plenty of people certainly do that), just because it's harsh on your stomach acids. But that's about it.

What kind of teas do you like?
Old 08-17-2017, 08:50 PM
Fan Forum Star

Hi Emma

I agree with everything Sunny said and I'll extra echo the part about some teas on an empty stomach.

How long do you have before classes start up?

Old 08-18-2017, 09:45 AM
Dedicated Fan

Kali - I have a week before classes start back up, and although I'm one to plan things ahead of time, I've been having a bit of trouble figuring this all out, especially since like 99.9% of the people I know only ever drink/like coffee. xD

Sunny - The teas I usually drink are either regular black tea, green tea or chai (which is my absolute favorite). I also always make sure to not drink caffeinated drinks after 4pm. For this reason, I also have a stash of decaf green and black teas at home if I'm ever in the mood for a cup.
I also plan on having some sort of snack in the mornings before I leave the house or on my way to school so I'll have a little something in my stomach in the mornings before I can grab lunch later in the day.
Old 08-18-2017, 11:45 AM
Fan Forum Star

you've got a few days to experiment when I have caffeinated tea in the morning it's usually just a small perk me up type of thing, but two cups and I'm good to go. But one cup of sleepy time tea will mellow me real quick

You may find that you need one in the morning and another mid morning. There really isn't an exact science to it because our bodies process things a little differently.

Old 08-18-2017, 11:45 AM
Fan Forum Star

you've got a few days to experiment when I have caffeinated tea in the morning it's usually just a small perk me up type of thing, but two cups and I'm good to go. But one cup of sleepy time tea will mellow me real quick

You may find that you need one in the morning and another mid morning. There really isn't an exact science to it because our bodies process things a little differently.

Old 08-18-2017, 10:19 PM
Sailor Scout Wannabe

Moderator of ...
The Witcher
Henry Cavill

wow teavana closing huh? So DT won lol? I should check out if there might be sales.

I wonder if we'll still see teavana products at Starbucks. They already own Tazo.

I love black tea, matcha and tea lattes in the morning.

Last edited by MsPerfectionist; 08-22-2017 at 09:05 PM
Old 08-19-2017, 11:15 AM
Fan Forum Star

Well, Teavana is owned by Starbucks, so... I suppose it depends what their reason is for closing Teavana in the first place.
Closed Thread   Post New Thread