Fan Forum
Remember Me?
Register

Request a Forum   |     View New Forums

Closed Thread   Post New Thread

Old 05-11-2018, 11:56 AM
Fan Forum Star

Boston Bruins Brad Marchand Licked Another Player...

The worst thing in your life may just contain the seeds for the best things to begin to grow.
Old 05-12-2018, 12:12 PM
Fan Forum Star

Do we know why he did it?
Old 05-12-2018, 01:25 PM
I am a basketball genius!

Well his team got eliminated anyway, but terrible performance by the Lightning yesterday in Tampa. Hope they bounce back & it a win in game 2.

Toronto Raptors fire head coach Dwane Casey after 7 seasons

OK, so Casey just was voted ''Coach of the Year'' in the NBA as he lead his team to the best record in the Eastern Conference. They just had a terrible draw in the 2nd round vs. LeBron James & the Cavs. I didn't expect the Raptors to get swept as they did though & 2 of the games were blowouts. Oh well. Wish Casey the best. He's a good coach.

Vegas plays the Winnipeg Jets today. Go Jets!
Old 06-05-2018, 03:10 PM

Well the Jets sadly didn't make the Stanley Cup Finals this year. Anyway here's some news:

Russell Wilson, Ciara Attempt to Bring MLB to Portland

I wish them well with this. My preference is for Portland to gt an NHL team if I could choose over an MLB 1, but either of course would be quite exciting for this area.

Philadelphia Eagles will not attend White House ceremony with President Donald Trump

Now some do think that sports teams in general shouldn't visit The White House, but in this case I mean I suppose the Eagles could've played nice & just showed up for a photo-op, but if you're an Eagles fan & there are some die-hard ones then I don't think them not showing up is a bid deal. It's also hypocritical of Trump people to be in favor of free speech in that Colorado cake case that had a ruling this week, but against the 1st amendment when it comes to pro athletes enjoying their constitutional right to protest the U.S. flag. And give me a break about Sarah Sanders. Geez. Can't believe her this week about the Eagles deciding not to show up.

Last edited by canflam; 06-05-2018 at 05:37 PM
Old 06-05-2018, 04:57 PM
Fan Forum Star

Whether it's hypocrisy or not on the part of the current administration, Free Speech means the government has no right dictating your peaceful expression of dissent. That's literally all it means. It doesn't mean you're allowed to incite violence or yell "fire" in a crowded theater. It doesn't mean you can say whatever the heck you want without being punched in the face. It just means the government can't tell you how to express (peacefully) your dissent.

Those players have a right to kneel. And if they don't want to kneel, they also have the right to support their teammates who choose to kneel.
Old 10-15-2018, 04:02 PM

Hey guys. Hope everyone is enjoying these MLB playoffs. Glad they NHL season has started as the Maple Leafs are off to an incredible start to their season & Vancouver isn't doing too bad either currently.

Some sad news today though as Paul Allen who was owner of the Portland Trail Blazers & Seattle Seahawks franchises has died.

Seahawks, Blazers owner, Microsoft co-founder Paul Allen dies at 65

Wish his family well. He was a terrific sports franchise owner & seemed like a great person as well.
Old 10-15-2018, 05:41 PM
Fan Forum Star

The Habs are also doing pretty good. Or so I hear.
Old 11-05-2018, 07:09 PM

They are. They have 16 current points. That's only 2 behind the Maple Leafs in their division & 5 points behind Tampa Bay. I'm impressed with the Canucks thus far this season. They have played 15 games & are only 1 point behind Calgary in the Pacific Division at this time.
Old 11-06-2018, 06:22 PM
Fan Forum Star

If we can't beat the Leafs... is there a point in doing well?
Old 11-07-2018, 07:18 PM

Well I think Montreal has only played Toronto once thus far this season & it was an overtime loss in early October. The Habs will play Buffalo tomorrow. Montreal is 2 points ahead of Buffalo at this time.
Old 11-08-2018, 07:10 PM
Fan Forum Star

I was refering to their being ahead of us in the rankings.
Old 01-22-2019, 04:14 AM
Fan Forum Hero

Moderator of ...
Alycia Debnam-Carey

Anyone watching the Australia Open?
Old 01-22-2019, 03:38 PM
Fan Forum Star

I'm not much for tennis.

Are you enjoying it?
Old 01-22-2019, 03:55 PM

Almost time for a new thread. I watched some of the Aussie Open, but my 2 favorite players are Caroline Wozniacki & Simona Halep, which each of them already lost in this tournament. Halep lost to Serena Williams & Caroline lost to Maria Sharapova. In my opinion they shouldn't have played each other so early in the tournament, but because of the ranking system & if players miss time then no matter how much better they are than others they'll still get ranked low for tournaments like this & we get early matches where some of the top ranked players will lose, because Serena Williams is healthy & bigger, stronger, & generally considered the best women's tennis player of all time.

Anyway, not too surprised that The Chiefs lost on Sunday to New England. I'm a Chiefs fan, but after they got down by 14 points to on Sunday I wasn't expecting them to comeback & win. There was a questionable roughing the passer call that went Tom Brady's way, but as some would say if you breath on Tom Brady a penalty flag will be thrown. Anyway, tough luck for the Saints. I know they had poor clock management on Sunday, but that blatant pass interference that wasn't called on the Rams which would've won the game for New Orleans will go down in history I'd say as 1 of the if not worst missed calls that's happened in a playoff game.
Old 03-26-2019, 02:48 PM

Some sad news today guys about Jusef Nuric who has been having a terrific season in the NBA I think. Blazers' Nurkic suffers compound leg fractures

Just horrific. Man. Wish him the best recovery possible. He will be missed.
Closed Thread   Post New Thread