Fan Forum
Remember Me?
Register

Request a Forum   |     View New Forums

Reply   Post New Thread

Old 06-29-2015, 09:09 PM
Elite Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by LR_Roxy (View Post)
^That's exactly how I feel (I'm not ready) and I tell people that when they ask me about it. I'm 26 and never had a boyfriend.
I'm 20 and never had a boyfriend either.
For me it's not about being ready or not, I'm just not interested
People keep asking me, do you have a boyfriend, do you have a boyfriend?, and I'm like um, no. It's like you are an alien, maybe it's because most girls my age have a boyfriend or had one, but I'm not like most girls.
I'm fine on my own
I can barely handle my drama, don't think I could handle someone else's drama

Btw my sister is closer to your age (she's 24) and never had a boyfriend either.

There's one thing in this world that makes me feel more alive. And that's you. 🌹 We're together. This is what living feels like.
val ღ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-29-2015, 10:55 PM
Extreme Fan

I guess I could say that I'm lucky because most don't ask me if I am in a relationship. I don't know if they assume that I am in one or not, but I've hadn't had that question asked of me in a long time.
Doxia is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-21-2015, 02:52 PM
Fan Forum Star

Also I find it annoying when they look so surprised to find out I'm single and say I could get a boyfriend if only I wanted to. Thanks? I don't even know how to reply to something like that.
a fine mess is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-07-2015, 01:29 PM
Fan Forum Hero

I love when you meet a guy and they ask you how you are still single. And then I have to tell them "Um, thanks I guess, but I'm completely fine with being single."
that's a bingo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-27-2017, 09:16 PM
Fan Forum Hero

Ok, I've officially reached the point of life where I'm a little or more than a bit tired of being single! The weirdest thing is I have had a relationship online for 12 years with a guy, but although it started out as b/f and g/f, we just went to friends. But I'm so used to saying anything to him, yet we aren't going to "be together". I need to find people but I'm not a bar hopper, club swinger, and find it hard to find local places to meet people and I'm not exactly a spring chicken anymore. And I do not want a divorced man with kids, cause I have no interest in being a stepmother,

I try to indulge in little life pleasures though and remember to enjoy having freedom to do the things I like without including someone else or worrying about boring them! Or me getting bored by stuff they like that I don't!
Old 03-28-2017, 05:46 PM
Fan Forum Star

The way I see it, if I don't need to be waiting for another person to be happy. Because relationships are more complicated than that and, anyway, I need to find happiness for myself.

So, if I ever meet someone, awesome. But I'm done waiting for that to happen.
sunnykerr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-20-2018, 04:31 PM
Fan Forum Star

A year on, and I still feel the same way.
Old 06-21-2018, 12:49 AM
Fan Forum Hero

I always knew I would never get married. Ever have that feeling like you've somehow already experienced life, and you just know things?

I've loved, but I am way too used to having my own way. Compromise just isn't my cup of tea.

I'm happy about the choice I made.

Kim
There You'll Be is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-21-2018, 03:17 AM
Fan Forum Hero

Although I am not single anymore, I did enjoy the quirks of being single. You could do what you wanted, take a trip when you wanted and not have to consider others. You didn't have to worry about what the other might react. Alone time is good too
Old 06-21-2018, 05:23 PM
Fan Forum Star

I had all kinds of dreams of getting married and having a bagillion kids when I was a kid myself. But, really, what I wanted was what I imagined it was to be happy as an adult.

I wanted a fairy tale and that's not life. And, honestly, life is just fine the way it is.

I find I don't need to have others in my house to feel like I'm worth something.
Old 06-21-2018, 05:28 PM
Elite Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by val ღ (View Post)
never had a boyfriend either.
For me it's not about being ready or not, I'm just not interested
People keep asking me, do you have a boyfriend, do you have a boyfriend?, and I'm like um, no. It's like you are an alien, maybe it's because most girls my age have a boyfriend or had one, but I'm not like most girls.
I'm fine on my own
I can barely handle my drama, don't think I could handle someone else's drama
This is me too! I love being single..and I agree with you, I'm fine on my own. I'm glad I'm not alone in loving to be single. I haven't really been pressured by my family to have someone so that's a good thing. I've got enough stuff in my life and it's the way I've always been. I like being by myself.
Old 06-22-2018, 01:24 PM
Fan Forum Hero

Even when I was younger, I couldn't maintain any relationship. I just didn't have the patience for it, and I didn't like being judged by whoever I was dating.

Or, the worst, trying to be accepted by friends and family, just because I had a boyfriend.

Kim
There You'll Be is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-22-2018, 04:06 PM
Elite Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by ThereYoullBe (View Post)
Even when I was younger, I couldn't maintain any relationship. I just didn't have the patience for it, and I didn't like being judged by whoever I was dating.

Or, the worst, trying to be accepted by friends and family, just because I had a boyfriend.
Yeah when I was a teen and all I just was more focused on school and work and never gave a relationship a second thought because I had to work and do things twice as better because I had some some special needs so working twice as hard as others was more important to me then a relationship and I don't regret it and I really never had time for that type of thing either.
Old 06-23-2018, 01:03 PM
Fan Forum Star

I had enough trouble making and keeping friends when I was younger, romance seemed an added level of difficulty I wasn't ready for.

But, now, I'm fine with that.
Old 06-23-2018, 05:48 PM
Elite Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by sunnykerr (View Post)
I had enough trouble making and keeping friends when I was younger, romance seemed an added level of difficulty I wasn't ready for.
Yeah I had some trouble in that area too in school making friends that is.