Fan Forum
Remember Me?
Register

Request a Forum   |     View New Forums

Closed Thread   Post New Thread

Old 11-08-2003, 07:14 AM
Obsessed Fan

This doesn't surprise me...I was starting to become addicted, too. [img]smilies/frown.gif[/img]

~Kat
Old 11-08-2003, 10:17 AM
New Fan

I've emailed the WB, posted feedback and voted in the Save My Show poll. Now I'm getting ready to crank out some snail mail to send to TPTB at Warner Bros. And the ecard idea sounds great as well.

This show sure deserves a shot! [img]smilies/smile.gif[/img]

Caroline

ETA: The ecard has been delivered! Now I'm off to post some feedback in the WB forum.

[ 11-08-2003: Message edited MagnoliaCrescent ]
Old 11-08-2003, 03:07 PM
Part-Time Fan

I very upset because I haven't gotten to see Tarzan in awhile. It was tooken off the channel I watch it on. I can't believe that. It was only on for 3 episode then it stop. ARGH!!!! [img]smilies/mad.gif[/img]
Old 11-09-2003, 02:27 AM
Extreme Fan

The show is as good as dead. The only thing that might save the show is if it had phenomenal ratings but I don't see that happening at all. The ratings have steadily declined since the premiere and the most damning thing is Tarzan is retaining very little of it's lead in Charmed.

I'll just watch whatever episodes are aired. Production has stopped=the network execs have made their decision.
Old 11-09-2003, 10:09 AM
Master Fan

Bringing this over from tarzantheseries.com, thanks to Rafferty & Calloway!

<<
If you really want to get the attention of TheWB, below is the link to their affiliates. These are the stations that broadcast Tarzan into your home every Sunday. The employees live in your very own communities. These stations depend on sales revenues generated by WB programming. If you let your disappointment in Warner Bros canceling Tarzan and how that may affect your viewership...Trust me...it will get their attention!!!
http://www.thewb.com/Stations/Index/0,8112,,00.html

>>

Let's flood these email addresses. Send another email to faces@thewb.com, and CC all of these addresses on it!! [img]smilies/biggrin.gif[/img]

wb2programming@wb2.com, jbaldwin@kwbq.com, jluellen@kwbq.com, webmaster@foxbaltimore.com, questions@wb32tv.com, programming@kocb34.com, programming@wb18.com, wb18wkcf@wb18.com, jsoapes@wb18.com, wb17feedback@tribune.com, patw@ourmaine.com, holland@pgtv.com, agagne@pgtv.com

‘If I fall and die, it will still have been worth it,’ she had thought.
Old 11-09-2003, 02:33 PM
Extreme Fan

First, a note about contacting The WB via mail --> ONLY SEND POSTCARDS!. Since 9/11 the WB does not accept fan letters. If you send anything in an envelope, it will just be trashed.

Now, thanks to two wonderful people (Erica and Jo)...

...there is an official site dedicated to the campaign!! [img]smilies/biggrin.gif[/img]

Please visit Save Tarzan .

This site is packed with ways to help save the show, including some new ideas such as...

[img]smilies/star.gif[/img] Site Feedback

Tarzan feedback - This is the WB's official show page for Tarzan. If you select an episode from the drop down menu, you can leave comments on it. Leave feedback for every episode! Praise the writing, the acting, the action, whatever you love about it.

[img]smilies/star.gif[/img] Petitions

#1 - Jennifer from the tarzantheseries.com forums is planning on faxing a petition to Jordan Levin and John Livtack asking them to give Tarzan a full season nod.

She asks that you send the following information to saving_tarzan@yahoo.com: name, location, age, WB affiliate name, and your reasons why Tarzan should stay on the air. Please e-mail her and add your name to the petition!

#2 From PetitionOnline.com --> Save Tarzan
(created by the posters at the WB Tarzan forum)

This site also includes buttons you can use on your site, other forums, etc. and even postcards and flyers you can print out!! Go check it out now!!! [img]smilies/glow.gif[/img]

[ 11-10-2003: Message edited ~*Ambrosia*~ ]
Old 11-09-2003, 09:16 PM
Master Fan

Thanks so much for all that info! I heard about this friday on my way to school and nearly caused my brother to crash from my screaming.

I shall be doing everything I can so save this brilliant show.
Old 11-10-2003, 12:58 AM
New Fan

More from TFC. Sounds like it's done.
Old 11-10-2003, 01:23 AM
Extreme Fan

spikearrin - [img]smilies/lol.gif[/img] Right there with ya on the screaming! And hey, love the sig [img]smilies/wink.gif[/img].

the4thlor - Uh no, actually it sounds like it's saying just what all the other articles have been saying. Production has stopped but no decision will be made until The WB sees the response the next three (now two) episodes receive. You know, I really hope that those that have stopped by to "share" with us that the show is over are still participating in the campaign. Sometimes I wonder if the "Why bother? There's no point. No hope." attitude that's out there is really just laziness.

[ 11-10-2003: Message edited ~*Ambrosia*~ ]
Old 11-10-2003, 01:40 AM
Elite Fan

I have written to the Sharon Osbourne Show and have posted my thoughts on the WB website about the show. Gosh I hope the show isn't canceled!

Have a happy holiday & prosperous new year!
Old 11-10-2003, 03:42 AM
Passionate Fan

I took part in all of the polls, signed all of the petitions, and emailed the wb, Sharon Osbourne, and Entertainment Tonight. I also included a link to the Save Tarzan website for Sharon and ET in case they wanted to check it out or air any of the info and ideas suggested. I'll see what more I can do after I get some sleep. Hopefully all of this will work out in the end. [img]smilies/smile.gif[/img]

And I'm going to watch ET on the 14th and see if they say anything about the possible cancellation and ways to prevent it. I know I wouldn't know about it unless I came to this board, so if they say anything, many more fans might be made aware of this situation and take action.
The best love is the kind that awakens the soul and makes us reach for more, that plants a fire in our hearts and brings peace to our minds, and that's what you've given me. That's what I hope to give to you forever.
Old 11-10-2003, 10:02 PM
Master Fan

Quote:
Originally posted by *M*L*3602:
<STRONG>I know I wouldn't know about it unless I came to this board, so if they say anything, many more fans might be made aware of this situation and take action.</STRONG>
Hey ML, go here: http://savetarzan.withtheprettiness.net

for more details on the campaign and what else can be done to help save Tarzan...new contact info coming in all the time, and there's tons to be done, yet!! [img]smilies/biggrin.gif[/img]

[ 11-10-2003: Message edited IceKat055 ]

‘If I fall and die, it will still have been worth it,’ she had thought.
Old 11-13-2003, 11:45 PM
Extreme Fan

First of all, heaps of hugs and kisses to all you loverlie people participating in the campaign!! [img]smilies/kiss.gif[/img] [img]smilies/hug.gif[/img] Here's a little encouraging news to keep us going [img]smilies/wink.gif[/img]...

Tarzan Fans [insert pun here] to Save Show!

Campaigns Start to Save TARZAN

Fulvio Cecere, who plays Detective Gene Taylor, even mentioned the fans efforts in a recent interview. Here's a snippet of it:

Quote:
Cecere was upset this week with news that his latest character role, that of a violent, vengeful police detective in the WB series Tarzan, may be in jeopardy. Tarzan is being put on hiatus by the network right after the current November sweeps period, although the remainder of episodes in which Cecere appears will still air, it seems.

Hiatus usually means a death sentence for a series but the axe hasn't fallen officially yet.

"I know that there's a few 'Save Tarzan' campaigns in the works," he says. "I hope they don't get rid of it yet. . .it just needs time to find its legs."
And some more good news. A poster from the tarzantheseries.com forums posted the following:

Quote:
I'm not sure if this is going to help at all, but I just got an interesting phone call from audience studies asking about the shows that I currently watch on TV and whether or not I'm pleased with what I watch. I gave a HUGE plug for Tarzan and how disappointed I am that the WB is taking it off the air. The guy was very sympathetic and said that he'd heard several of his contacts say the same type of thing. I asked him if there was anything that could be done about it, and he said that because he'd had a number of people say the same things I'd said, he was going to contact the execs over to the WB. If they are still hell-bent on canceling the show, then it was possible that another network would be interested in picking it up, either way, he's going to send me an email after he makes his phone calls. I thought ya'll would like to know.
and then...

Quote:
Well this is what I got this morning when I woke up. DaMan I talked to last night and who sent me an email last night told me that he called someone at the WB to ask them what was going on with this show. All I have to say about this is KEEP IT UP PEOPLE!!! They are astounded by the number of e-mails, postcards and even phone calls they are getting from fans of the show wanting it to be kept on. *SQUEE! We ARE being heard!!!

There has been no official decision on the show as of yet. Some of the suggestions people are making *IE DIFFERENT TIME SLOTS* are being explored."

That's right! The WB is noticing all of our efforts! So keep sending in your postcards, e-mailing them, calling them, etc. Just bombard them with good Tarzan feedback. If we keep it up, we might just save our show!
[ 11-13-2003: Message edited ~*Ambrosia*~ ]
Old 11-15-2003, 12:36 PM
Master Fan

[img]smilies/wave.gif[/img] Hey guys! Yay for people noticing our efforts!!

I had a thought - I think we should totally bombard Ellen DeGeneres' mailbox with e-mails about how dedicated fans we are, the campaign, everything. Out of a lot of talk shows - she seems to be one who actually reads her mail and she always dedicates time on her show to read aloud some e-mails and stuff. I think if just one or two e-mails went in, they would kind of get tossed aside, but if there are TONS from fans, it may make some noise over there.
Here is the link to her website: Ellen's Website

*Daphne

[Lois/Clark] [Michael/Sara] [Veronica/Logan] [Sydney/Vaughn] [Jack/Kate] [Alex/Izzy] [Chase/Cameron] [Kimber/Christian] [Phoebe/Cole]

[Journal] [Angel-Rays] [Operation Piggy Bank]
[Team Addison]
Old 11-15-2003, 11:51 PM
Part-Time Fan

I was quite disheartened when first hearing of Tarzan's troubles, but a part of me said, it figures, I like it, it disappears. I tried to ignore my feelings, but my brain got the better of me, as it wrote a perfect letter to send to the WB while I was doing other things. I've written and sent the letter which has been nicely received by those I post with on another board(some have even asked if they could us it themselves). I've given feedback wherever I could, and signed every petition I could find. I'd like to think I'm part of a group that will make a difference, and another show the networks are willing to throw to the wolves might be saved. Let's hope we can make enough noise - as I said in my message to the WB - if online reaction is any gauge by which to judge, you've just thrown a rock into a hornet's nest. If all else fails, I have all but the pilot on tape. Finger's crossed on the success of the campaign!!!