Fan Forum
Remember Me?
Register

Request a Forum   |     View New Forums

Closed Thread   Post New Thread

Old 11-06-2003, 05:19 PM
Extreme Fan

"SAVE TARZAN" CAMPAIGN

As feared, Tarzan is in danger of cancellation [img]smilies/cry.gif[/img]. But, don't worry, it isn't over until it's over people! As far as I know, nothing has been officially decided yet and there are several ways we can help keep it from getting the axe.

The first thing to do is to let The WB know that you want Tarzan to continue by sending an e-mail to faces@thewb.com and/or filling out the feedback form on the website.

The next step is to SPREAD THE WORD!!! If your havn't already, tell your friends (offline and on), your family, your co-workers, heck, even absolute strangers to tune in. Lend them a tape of an episode if you have one. Advertise the show on your livejournals, blogs, websites, etc. Even dedicating your signiture here at F4F to the show for awhile could help. Let people know when it's on and/or even provide a link back here to the board, to the Tarzan section of The WB, or to Wild Innocene.

Every little bit counts people! These things will only take a few minutes of your time and yet it can make a HUGE difference! The bottom line is that if you enjoy the show and don't want it to end then do what you can to keep it around! Don't put this off either, act NOW!!

[ 11-09-2003: Message edited ~*Ambrosia*~ ]
Old 11-06-2003, 06:59 PM
New Fan

Thanks for the heads up. I'll definitely be writing to the WB! :O

Mols
Old 11-06-2003, 09:57 PM
Part-Time Fan

Sorry to be the bearer of bad news BUT according to Mediaweek Tarzan has been cancelled.

linkage-> http://www.mediaweek.com/mediaweek/h...ent_id=2019316

BUT The Futon Critic offerred some hope.

linkage-> http://www.thefutoncritic.com/cgi/go...wswire&id=6239

Because of the confusion, I called the production office of Tarzan.

Here's the reply I received from the production office of Tarzan:

Quote:
I just checked with the office staff and the writers and they all said that they really have no idea why that futon critic article said what it did. As far as anyone around here is concerned, the show is cancelled. They said that they have not heard anything to the contrary, so I guess we just have to assume that's that. Thank you for your interest though. It's nice to know that people like you really did enjoy the show (I did too). Have a lovely weekend.
Lauren
Now. I've been a regular reader of TheFutonCritic since the days of Buffy and have found him very reliable. So. I sent TFC an email directly:

Quote:
Hi Brian!

I'm contacting you directly because your news about Tarzan conflicts with reports I've read at Mediaweek AND information I received directly from the production office of Tarzan. I have found your news items very reliable; hence the confusion on my part and the steps I took to confirm reports that Tarzan has indeed been cancelled. Below are links to the items I referred to above AND hope you can shed light on them so that I may forward some sense of closure to many of Tarzan's fans.
I"ve haven't received a reply. BUT will certainly post it when I do.

In the meantime. If I may make a suggestion. Let's send postcards to TheWB. BUT because of cost and time constraints, 3 weeks, instead of postcards, lets buy index cards that are the same size as postcards, you can buy them like 100 to a pack, and overlay/paste the following image:

with the following:

It's a JUNGLE out here. We need TARZAN!!!

then mail to:

John Litvack - EVP, Current Programming and Primetime Scheduling
The WB Television Network
4000 Warner Blvd., Bldg. 34R
Burbank, CA 91522

However, AND I can't stress this enough, we need to get the ratings up! So call your friends. Family. Neighbors. Anyone with a Nielson box. *snort*

I should also add that the decision may have been made AND this effort may be pointless. However, I rather spend a few bucks and a couple of minutes of my time on the chance that TPTB may get a CLUE!

ETA:

Additional contact info:

faces@thewb.com = Email to TheWB

Phone: 818-977-5000
Fax: 818-977-6771
= The WB Television Network

linkage to leave feedback on what is the coolest new WB show->
http://www.thewb.com/Shows/WithFeedb...121766,00.html
Old 11-06-2003, 10:20 PM
Extreme Fan

As some of you may have heard, it was reported earlier today that Tarzan had in fact been cancelled. This is NOT true. There is still reason to hope, and, instead of becoming discouraged, this is the time to rally together and intensify, (well, actually, to first begin) the campaign to save the show! As IceKat055 put it...

[img]smilies/star.gif[/img] "WE NEED TO MAKE ALOT OF NOISE IN A HURRY!" [img]smilies/star.gif[/img]

This can be done in the ways mentioned earlier, as well as the following...

Though e-mail is a wonderful thing, sending a letter to The WB via regular mail is also something that we can do. Putting forth that extra little bit of effort will no doubt be appreciated by the network and, hey, that can't be bad a thing [img]smilies/biggrin.gif[/img].

Warner Bros.
4000 Warner Blvd.
Burbank, CA 91522

Laura Ziskin Productions
10202 W. Washington Blvd.
Astaire Bldg.
Suite 1310
Culver City, CA 90232

Warner Brothers Canada
4576 Yonge Street
Toronto, ON
M2N 6P1
Canada

Tarzan
629 Eastern Ave. Bldg E
Toronto, ON M4M 14E
Canada

Another option is to call The WB: (818)-977-5000 / (818)-977-6878

(Thanks to IceKat055 for this phone number information!)

If you are planning on contacting The WB in any (or all [img]smilies/wink.gif[/img]) of these ways, it's important that you be civil and, yes, even polite. Making threats, name-calling, etc. is no way to let them no that you really care about the show. Responses like that would likely just be ignored and that defeats the purpose. So, before writing/calling, take a moment to think about what you enjoy about the show and why you really don't want it to be cancelled. Then, try and express that in as an intelligent and calm manner as possible. (Yeah, it may be hard but, try to vent some of your frustration before hand by screaming at the top of your lungs or something [img]smilies/wink.gif[/img] ..lol..)

Anyway, I'm looking into what other Tarzan forums and sites are doing for campaigns, petitions, etc. and will keep you all updated with that info as I discover it [img]smilies/smile.gif[/img].

In the meantime, if YOU have any ideas about what we can do... please share!!
Old 11-06-2003, 10:28 PM
Extreme Fan

[img]smilies/jaw_drop.gif[/img] Wow. Just... wow.

Here I was typing up all my info and you were busy doing the same... only better! [img]smilies/blush.gif[/img]

The postcard idea is brilliant! I will certainly be participating!! [img]smilies/biggrin.gif[/img]

(And I hope everyone who reads this will do the same!!!)

Quote:
I rather spend a few bucks and a couple of minutes of my time on the chance that TPTB may get a CLUE! - Rafferty Rulz
Right there with ya. We may be able to knock some sense into them yet!

[img]smilies/headslap.gif[/img] [img]smilies/punch.gif[/img] [img]smilies/hammer_head.gif[/img]
Old 11-06-2003, 11:20 PM
Elite Fan

All done, check and check [img]smilies/wink.gif[/img]

"Naya's my girl." - Heather Morris

|| Naya Rivera and Heather Morris Board Campaigns||Live Journal||Tumblr||
Old 11-06-2003, 11:54 PM
Master Fan

I've already wrote and called [img]smilies/wink.gif[/img] theres no way my man Mitch looses his new show [img]smilies/biggrin.gif[/img]

darylbeth
Old 11-07-2003, 12:19 AM
Extreme Fan

Hee! That's great guys! [img]smilies/biggrin.gif[/img] I was just at The WB feedback page again and it is packed with peoples pleas for the show. I'd say there is a definite chance that we will at least get the full thirteen episode season that was originally scheduled. And, you know? As long as it gave the story a nice, complete story feel, as long as there was closure, I'd really be happy with that [img]smilies/smile.gif[/img].
Old 11-07-2003, 03:45 AM
Master Fan

I am gonna be so upset if they cancel Tarzan. At least give the fans a chance to catch on to the show they haven't had a chance...Networks never give shows a true chance. *grumbles*
Old 11-07-2003, 09:34 AM
Master Fan

A few more things to do:
The "official" WB Tarzan board needs hits/posts (the WB may track this info):
http://talk.thewb.com/viewforum.php?forum=52&401

We all know Mrs. Sharon Osbourne LOVES Travis, go email/ask her to help us fight! http://sharon.warnerbros.com/showinf...ail/index.html

And vote to keep Tarzan on the air...probably a pointless poll, but YOU NEVER KNOW!! [img]smilies/smile.gif[/img]
http://www.savemyshow.com/shows/tarzan.htm

‘If I fall and die, it will still have been worth it,’ she had thought.
Old 11-07-2003, 01:21 PM
Extreme Fan

Thanks so much IceKat055! [img]smilies/kiss.gif[/img]

Even more ways to save the show...

[img]smilies/star.gif[/img] Send The WB's Tarzan E-cards back to them!
This not only gets the point across in a nicely ironic way but, it could possibly even crash the server which would definitely get their attention. (This comes from Catseye over at the tarzantheseries.com board)

[img]smilies/star.gif[/img] Write to the NEWSPAPERS telling them about the possible cancellation and the campaign that's springing up because of it. They may end up putting something in the opinion section of the paper or, heck, even do a piece on it. This would be a great way to spread the word about the show to a large number of people.

Chicago Sun Times Director of Arts and Entertainment, Burt Levy - blevy@suntimes.com

USA Today feedback page
Old 11-07-2003, 01:22 PM
Passionate Fan

Darn WB, Fearless will probably take the place of Tarzan. Darn that Rachael Leigh Cook. [img]smilies/skull.gif[/img]
Old 11-07-2003, 02:10 PM
Master Fan

Quote:
Originally posted by ~*Ambrosia*~:
[QB]Thanks so much IceKat055! [img]smilies/kiss.gif[/img]

Doing what I can!

2 more email addys:

Peter.Roth@warnerbros.com

Jordan.Levin@warnerbros.com

Can't hurt!!
[img]smilies/biggrin.gif[/img]

‘If I fall and die, it will still have been worth it,’ she had thought.
Old 11-07-2003, 07:38 PM
Part-Time Fan

Here's an image you can use to past on an index card. Just print. Past. Mail. Pretty simple. *bg*

Old 11-07-2003, 08:21 PM
Part-Time Fan

Quote:
Hit the Jungle, "Tarzan"

by Sarah Hall
Nov 7, 2003, 1:30 PM PT

Looks like Tarzan is catching the next vine out of town.

The WB has shut down production on the freshman drama. Officially, the network says the production is "on hiatus," with execs waiting to see how the remaining three episodes perform this month before making a permanent decision on the Ape Man's fate.

But, in the grand tradition of NBC's Coupling and Boomtown and CBS' The Brotherhood of Poland, N.H., on hiatus usually translates to "Me, Network. You, canceled."

Tarzan's demise caps a rough run for the show--its star, Aussie heartthrob Travis Fimmel, was unable to promote the series before its debut due to an expired U.S. work visa that kept him from entering the country.
linkage to entire article->

http://www.eonline.com/News/Items/0,1,12870,00.html
Closed Thread   Post New Thread