Fan Forum
Remember Me?
Register

Request a Forum   |     View New Forums

Reply   Post New Thread

Old 10-26-2016, 06:07 PM
Fan Forum Star

I think we have hit one of the many reasons why I'm single. I don't think I would have the patience to do that for anyone, you know?

(Obviously, what I mean here is that it's awesome that you can.)
sunnykerr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-27-2016, 03:19 AM
Fan Forum Hero

Haha well I suffer from anxiety too, hes known this from the beginning. Last week I actually cried in front of him and he wiped my tears and held me and told me it was okay, to me that was beautiful that he'd do that, so of course I would do the same for him

I think its different when you find someone special, you'd do things you didn't think you would.
Old 10-27-2016, 05:12 PM
Fan Forum Star

I have no doubt that finding someone special/the right someone, etc. changes things. I can evidence of that all around me. And I don't want to be "oh, but I'm such an especially guarded person" because I'm sure I'm no more guarded/skittish/skeptical of humanity than most.

I'm just at the point in my life where it's hard for me to imagine that I could allow myself to be that kind of vulnerable around someone I'm not already related to, you know?

But, again, it's awesome that anyone, including you, gets to experience that. It must make life so much richer and interesting in the end. Probably a little more complicated, too, but that's part of the deal.
Old 10-28-2016, 04:24 AM
Fan Forum Hero

I understand

Yeah I'm really happy. Havent been this happy, ever.
Old 10-28-2016, 04:47 AM
Fan Forum Hero

^ that's an awesome period to be in I hope it grows for you

I learned, once more, when I feel the happy "high" when it comes to a new "friend",I need to take it as a warning that I'm going to end up in pain, cause my happiness with a new person ends disastrous eventually. I'm a hopeless fool for letting myself fall for it. Happiness for me with others is like a drug that causes an inevitable crash. From now on, I may always need to put air quotes around the "friend" word when it comes to me.
Old 10-29-2016, 03:28 AM
Ultimate Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by sunnykerr (View Post)
That... is not long. But when you know, you know, right? Have your friends and family met him?
Not yet. We're hoping soon. He knows I do love him through non verbal commmunition. The same for me.

We just know it. He's busy with his building for now. Next month, it will slow down due the cooler weather.
Old 10-29-2016, 07:35 PM
Fan Forum Star

Good. It's always good to see how the person you love fits in with.... well, everyone else you love. I mean, I'm sure some relationships take time, but it's just good that everyone knows each other, right?
Old 10-30-2016, 03:42 AM
Fan Forum Hero

My bf went to a family wedding yesterday and said how his whole family wish to meet me and he hinted he wanted me to come with him at christmas
Old 10-30-2016, 05:11 PM
Fan Forum Star

That's so great!
Old 10-31-2016, 02:28 PM
Fan Forum Hero

Yes it would be lovely.

So yesterday we went to comic con which was busy, hectic, he was tired. He accidentally snapped at me, and I got really upset. Ended up crying and not speaking to him for a long while. I suffer from anxiety, so it was really making me upset. He was absolutely distraught, apologised over and over, and was so scared I'd leave him. In a way it made us strengthen our relationship as it forces us to talk to one another and understand each other better.
Old 10-31-2016, 05:10 PM
Fan Forum Star

If I ever had a relationship again, I think I'm gonna do what my mother and her fellow do. Every month, they have a "date night" in which they sort of "settle accounts," meaning they have it as a safe time in which they can look at how they're doing, as a couple. They remind themselves of what works and try to give each other guidance on what doesn't work.

I'm not sure I could actually put that off, mind you. But it sounds like a healthy thing to do.
Old 11-02-2016, 12:43 PM
Fan Forum Hero

that sounds good. we needed that time to really reflect on what makes us tick. when im down i dont want to talk about it, and he kept wanting me to express myself. he gets it now that im wired a bit differently.
Old 11-02-2016, 05:58 PM
Fan Forum Star

That's important. None of us is ever going to be 100% like the people we love, so it's important to not just respect, but also value those differences.

At least, that's what I think.
Old 11-04-2016, 10:54 AM
Extreme Fan

I do hope everyone has friendships/relationships that are healthy and happy. I've been working on conquering my fear of intimacy and it takes a lot of work, which is why I've been absent from most of social media and will be absent till the end of this year. This is something I've wanted to do this year and now I'm working on it.

Have a wonderful holiday season.

Sincerely,
Audrey Clark
aka the quiet one.
Doxia is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-05-2016, 10:51 AM
Fan Forum Star

That sounds healthy.
Reply   Post New Thread