Remember Me?
Register

Request a Forum   |     View New Forums

Closed Thread   Post New Thread

Tags Thread Tools
Old 02-26-2013, 12:30 PM
Absolute Fan

Thanks.
Well I don't have her mom's phone number. She called me on landline. Though I gave her my cell number which I doubt she has.

Yeah, it's been year. Last news was that she was disappeared for three weeks and last she told me was that she's getting married. Her mom didn't know any of that. And then she told me in one of our last texts she's going to Madrid with her Pakistan-ish boyfriend.

I got that iffy feeling she could get taken against her will or fell for some trap set by those suspicious guys that comes in from shady places (yeah, i do watch too much tv).
Though I hope she's not back to her suicidal tendencies.

I still blame myself for avoiding her when she possibly needed me so much that texted me at 4am on workday. Or when called me when was at hospital and asked me visit. I little regret not picking even though I was halfway out of city with another friend.
Maybe I should've met her when she asked me...

These questions keep haunting me with possibilities.

I even walked our old path haunted by memories and questions that made me cry.
Old 04-03-2013, 11:11 AM
Elite Fan

Unfortunately, these things are out of your control. There is always no way to fix these things especially when that person is on that path. I have a friend who is on the path for destruction but her lying and her threatening of suicide every other night was driving me out of my mind and making ME stressed and depressed. I had to cut my ties. I couldn't help her.

It doesn't mean I don't feel guilty, it means that there is a time when you know you can't help that person anymore than you have. It will take awhile and it's hard. You did your best. That's all you can do.

Emilie /My LJ

Icon by MaybeLove
Old 04-04-2013, 12:59 AM
Absolute Fan

Yes they are. Unfortunately.

I miss her though. Hope she's okay.
Last time we met I got hint that she's taking antidepressants (at least some meds).

I actually think her suicide promises were the calling for attention. She's a bit of drama queen so it was either that or goth's make up. Although often both.

I think she actually wanted to become goth.

Unfortunately all I kept hearing was how much in one or another party she drunk. It sounded suspicious. And I knew her crowd wasn't good for her.

I blame the mother for moving exactly that place of all others. There're less terrible places in this city withing same distance from her work and near schools. And there're better environment.

I just keep hoping she'll return one day. I really regret my attitude. My ignorance. I'd done better.
I'm afraid I screwed up.

I can imagine how you felt. It wasn't that dramatic but pretty near how it was with my friend.
Guess all one can do is to be near and support.
Not always an easy task but even little bit is better than nothing.
Old 04-04-2013, 06:37 PM
Elite Fan

Well, the reasons I left my friend and what happened with yours is a different situation. I admit partially that I left because of the dog she dragged into her lifestyle. She didn't research about this dog and he was a high energy dog and she wouldn't walk it, she would leave it in her apartment for 12 hours without letting it out to pee etc. She tried dumping this dog on alot of people. When we finally convinced her to give it up to someone who wanted the dog, she lashed out and blamed everyone around her for making her give up this dog that she felt was her life. Funny how she never asks about how the dog is doing. But that was on top of the lying and suicide calls she was making. She would only do it to three of us and the rest of her friends she was happy and thrilled to be around them. The three of us would be the ones she would place the burden on and it wasn't fair. So it's a totally different situation.

Emilie /My LJ

Icon by MaybeLove
Old 04-05-2013, 12:18 AM
Absolute Fan

Poor thing. Like dog should pay for her antics.
But sounds quite familiar, the dog thing.
My other friend's friend took a husky from shelter when she lived with her bf. Poor dog was often left unattended.
Then she moved to another apartment and took the dog with. Poor thing looked sad. I saw it. Almost seemed as if not fed quite often. And she barely got time to take it out for a walk. Now I heard she'd taken another dog. And that both are left at her mom's with two more.

Guess your friend didn't quite care about the dog. I think she just wanted attention. Guess the dog never really meant much to her. Part of all the lying thing, methinks. But still sounds awfully sad for the poor dog. It wasn't guilty, just unlucky.

Oh and there was another friend of mind who had dog. Then they moved to Germany and left it into someone's care. And in Germany got two more dogs and few cats.
Doubt she ever really wants to know what happens to the dog she left here, or the rabbit.

It's so cruel how some people use animals and then dump them. Like they means something more than their pets.
Old 04-09-2013, 03:18 PM
Elite Fan

If they can dump an innocent animal, it's not really the type of person I don't want to know. After she dumped this dog and then went on a rampage on all of us about giving him up, even though she doesn't care about the dog, she stopped being friends with us. Which is fine with me, I'm actually relieved I don't have to answer calls in the middle of the night where she wants to kill herself but in the morning, she's all happy and cheerful with another group of people while I got no sleep. It's not fair to people.

The dog she was forced to give up is doing amazing. He lived with a family, big house and a big backyard.

Emilie /My LJ

Icon by MaybeLove
Old 04-10-2013, 10:03 AM
Absolute Fan

Glad to hear dog's okay. It was the most innocent thing in all this and it'd be just cruel if it had to suffer more.

And good you're not friends anymore. I dare say it's only for better. Persons like this should receive medical help.
Old 04-10-2013, 02:59 PM
Elite Fan

Exactly. So basically I know there isn't anything I can do. She's on a destructive path and refuses to change. She thinks everyone around her is the problem and not herself. ONe of these days, it will happen.

Hopefully you realize that about your friend too. That you can't really do anything. Out of your hands.

Emilie /My LJ

Icon by MaybeLove
Old 04-16-2013, 02:37 PM
Total Fan

Sometimes there really isnt anything you can do or say to help them. No matter how much guilt you have over not being near them to support them, many are just too selfish to see those around them. I dont know if that makes any sense but sooner or later hopefully they'll turn around and find that the people who've tried to help them and cared about them are true friends and loved ones.

"What I need is the dandelion in the spring, only Peeta can give me that."-Peeta/Katniss
Old 08-07-2013, 09:05 PM
Total Fan

Are we allowed to bump a thread if there's been no activity? I forgot how it works since I was the last one to post...

"What I need is the dandelion in the spring, only Peeta can give me that."-Peeta/Katniss
Old 08-08-2013, 02:55 AM
Absolute Fan

Oh, well, I guess it is all out of my hands for the time being. I just hope one day I'll see my friend again. Until then I'll just keep hoping she's still alive
Old 08-14-2013, 02:01 PM
Loyal Fan

Can i be add to the list?
Old 08-26-2013, 07:58 AM
Fan Forum Star

I've added you. Sorry for the delay... just saw this now.
Old 09-07-2013, 12:51 PM
Absolute Fan

Add me please
Old 09-19-2013, 11:21 AM
Absolute Fan

Hey,
it's been a while. Hope everyone is all okay.
Closed Thread   Post New Thread