Fan Forum
Remember Me?
Register

Request a Forum   |     View New Forums

Closed Thread   Post New Thread

Old 12-08-2010, 08:41 PM
Total Fan

Relationship/Friendship Advice & Support Thread #3-"There is only one happiness in this life, to love and be loved."

The Relationship/Friendship Advice & Support Group members:

1. Anna-wa(Anna)
2. Youmademeseeit
3. Emsnao(Nisha)
4. Hogglebee
5. DreadPirateRoberts(Rachel)
6. MissAndieWitter(Mal)
7. that's a bingo
8. - bad romance -
9. missy7280(Marissa)
10. *Fatima*(Fatima)
11. ~♥~CrazyInLove~♥~
12. Electrapop
13. Tiffers(Tiffany)
14. PiCkLeS4dAwSoN
15. Lisi20
16. Uh Blah(Louis)
17. throwawaythekey
18. MBfan19(Wendy)
19. Fer_92(Fer)
20. actualreality86
21. weena
22. dr.Corday
23. Avatar
24. *KindKennen*(Karen)
25. Ron_Cullen(Ron)
26. McSexie
27. vicious_boy
28. David'sgirl12(Krystal)
29. hann
30. Katriin
31. oywidapoodles
32. ~°~Dani~°~
33. Future husband of Kelly.
34. WeBuiltThePyramids(Nicole)
35. Mimmie
36. yashila(Dominique)
37. evielost(Evie)
38. Ella_Ocean(Ella)
39. xlennie(Heleen)
40. Age-a-licious(Adrienne)
41. Just Peachy
42. only dreaming(Mel)
43. ~Adema~(Andrea)
44. CosmicLove(Brooke)
45. jessec12(Jessica)
46. Primordial(Clint)
47. *Nette*(Anette)
48. worththeriskx(Sam)
49. bh11000(Barbara)
50. AAVaria(Nila)
51. Elena_1716(Mari)
52. BreanBamonFan(Quin)
53. Talkative One(Sarah)
54. lonely sidewalk(Nik)
55. ShineSoBright23(Clair)
56. Rolfi Cole(Rolfi)
57. Khleoswife
58. misst89(Theresa)
59. sweetpeaches11
60. Elena_1716
61. Chrissy (Chrissy)
62. actualreality86(Mandie)
63. here comes the sun(Jenn)
64. richerthanyou
65. BreanBamonFan
66. He Is Mighty To Save (Mandie)
67. Elena_1716 (Mari)
68. quin611
70. ~Amarula~ (bridget)
71. Krysie

PM me or leave a post if you would like to be added!

"What I need is the dandelion in the spring, only Peeta can give me that."-Peeta/Katniss

Last edited by MBfan19; 05-12-2011 at 06:07 PM
Old 12-08-2010, 09:52 PM
Elite Fan

Hi Wendy, Thank you for starting the new thread!

Hope all of you are having a good week!
Old 12-10-2010, 09:40 AM
Part-Time Fan

So I have a friendship problem.

Me and a friend named Michelle are co-workers who, at one time, used to be really close. But when another girl from work started spreading likes about me, our friendship became nonexistent. Instead of coming to me and asking if any of what the oteher girl was saying was true, she just let our frienship die. Well, she eventually found out that dropping our friendship was a mistake and we became friends again.

She has an attention problem. She wants everyone to like her. If someone is more of my friend than hers, she seems to go out of her way to change that.A mutal friend once told me ' Me and Michelle are friends, I'm just much closer to you.' Suddenly, her and Michelle are super close and now the other girl will chose Michelle over me. Its happening with another girl now, but luckily for me, this other girl thinks Michelle is extremlly two faced. I just dont want to lose another close friend to Michelle.

Since our friendship began, I've lost close to thirty pound. I got rid of my glasses for contacts and my older sister helps me with buying clothes. I can't seem to mention something because she'll never be happy for me. She put of school cause she had fines she had to pay. Plus she said she couldn't afford to go back. When I told her that I was starting school this Jan., instead of congratulating me, she said 'I need to get back.' Now she's going back, too.

Now she's best buds with a woman who works with us who isin her 50s and the office busy body. Now Michelle gets special treatment. If they need someone to come in or stay late, Michelle gets asked first. She gets more overtime than anyone else because they wont ask anyone but her. She told a mutal friend that she didnt know if she wanted to ask me to go with her to an amusement park because she didnt think I'd be fun. Because i have self esteem issues and I know I'm 145, but I still think Im fat. She also told the same girl that SHE always wants to hang out with me, but its MY fault we don't cause I never want to. Which is complete crap! She never asks me to hang out. She's too busy hanging out with her 50 year old buddy.

What should I do? Should I try and salvage out friendship? She always seems judgemental and jealous.

Sorry this is so long!
Old 12-10-2010, 01:18 PM
Fan Forum Hero

Thanks for adding me to the thread, and also thanks to all that helped me with my problem. Its already made me feel better about it.

sweetpeaches11 My inital feeling is that this Michelle does a lot to get attention. She wants to be your friend, but she seems to treat it like a competition, and doesn't put in the effort that I feel you do. Its not fair on you, and you have to deal with her getting special treatment. If I were you, I would ignore her and distance yourself from her, and maybe she'll get the idea that you don't want a friend that doesnt reciprocate the friendship.
Old 12-11-2010, 03:20 AM
Loyal Fan

sweetpeaches11 Well, I know that problem. Not personally, cause I hate when people are fake. But one of my friend's former best friend was like that. When my friend started university, her best friend was really jealous because she quit school. But I think if you are friends you are happy if your friend has accomplished something. But nooo, she was like "Who need better education?". And other stuff like that. I just can't stand such behaivour. Now my friend isn't doing anything with her anymore.
So my advice for you is to stop bothering about your friend. She's not worth it. And maybe she will realize how stupid she it. And I would try to not get the same friends, to have like a different circle of friend than she has.
Old 12-11-2010, 09:37 PM
Total Fan

Karen:You're welcome I hope you like the quote. It's one of my favorite.

sweetpeaches11I think you should confront her about how you feel. She needs to know how you feel because it's putting you in an uncomfortable position. It seems like she's trying to win over friends because maybe she feels threatened that no one is paying attention to her like you mentioned. I also feel the fact that she doesn't ask you to go along to hang out because she'd think you wouldn't be fun is a sign that she doesn't see you as a real friend.
Did you want me to add you to the members list?

misst89: You're welcome. It's great to see more and more people drop by. Is your name Theresa? I just want to make sure because I have your user name on the list but just wanted to make sure your name is correct?

"What I need is the dandelion in the spring, only Peeta can give me that."-Peeta/Katniss

Last edited by MBfan19; 12-11-2010 at 09:48 PM
Old 12-12-2010, 11:36 AM
Part-Time Fan

Thanks for all the advice everyone! MBFan19, I'd love to be added to the list!

I honestly don't know what her problem is lately. It only started getting this way when I got single and started liking a few of her guy friends. She's made it very clear that she doesn't really like hanging out with a lot of girls because they bring drama and she likes being the only girl hanging out with guys. These guys (there have only been two) have seemed very interested, than absolutely nothing. Its like something happens and suddenly any interest they have in me is gone.

I've made out with a few numerous guys at parties, but nothing trashy. Its not like I'm sleeping with them. I just feel like she judges me for it. One time her and her boyfriend got into an argument at a party and I was sitting outside talking to a guy and I could hear her bf say 'Well, she's(me) probably off ******ing some random guy right now' I yelled at him and he came out and apologized but she never once brought it up. If he thinks that way, it makes me wonder how she sees me.
Old 12-12-2010, 10:31 PM
Elite Fan

Hello, This is the time of year that is stressful for relationsips. With the holidays, so many parties, gatherings with friends and family. During this time if you are in a relationship, it can become closer or strained. Hope each of you have a wonder season with your someone special?

Last edited by *KindKennen*; 12-12-2010 at 10:38 PM
Old 12-14-2010, 12:31 AM
Total Fan

sweetpeaches11I added you to the list. Do you mind if I add your name?

Your friend probably just feels threatened that all the attention is taken away from her and they won't pay attention to her once someone comes into the picture. Like I was telling you if she is treating you in that way, then it's not worth it to be in a friendship. Tell her she has to be honest with you about how she feels or it's not really a friendship at all.

KarenThanks so much Hope your Holidays are jolly I don't think i'll be in a relationship this holiday season so all I have is gift shopping stress

Old 12-14-2010, 09:04 PM
Fan Forum Hero

I met someone. We went out tonight, and he's legitimately my ideal guy. The only thing is that we live an hour apart. =/
rearview mirror — it’s in the past, it’s behind her. He’s still running.
He’s in the same running outfit he wore in the pilot.”
Old 12-14-2010, 09:28 PM
Total Fan

That's great Nik You shouldn't let the hour difference keep you guys apart. I'm sure you guys could work it out if you do get together.

Old 12-16-2010, 04:20 AM
Elite Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by lonely sidewalk (View Post)
I met someone. We went out tonight, and he's legitimately my ideal guy. The only thing is that we live an hour apart. =/
If that is the only "negative" thing, that isn't truely a "long distance relationship"!!! don't give up. If he seems interested in you and you are interested, let nature take it's course!!!
Old 12-18-2010, 09:59 PM
Fan Forum Hero

Well, he doesn't want to see me again, so... consider that problem solved.
Old 12-18-2010, 10:56 PM
Elite Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by lonely sidewalk (View Post)
Well, he doesn't want to see me again, so... consider that problem solved.
That was quick! How did he convey the message? In person, e-mail, phone call, facebook? ?
Old 12-19-2010, 08:31 AM
Fan Forum Hero

Online. It's no big deal. I think it's kind of funny, actually. Not to sound conceited but this is the first time I've ever been told that. I'm always the one to end things, so for the fact that I meet a guy I legitimately like... and he didn't like me. Yeah. Funny.
Closed Thread   Post New Thread