Fan Forum
Remember Me?
Register

Request a Forum   |     View New Forums

Closed Thread   Post New Thread

Old 05-14-2010, 11:25 AM
Obsessed Fan

I'm also single.

There have been times when I've been sad about it but lately I've really embrased the thought that you shouldn't be with someone until you're fully happy in yourself. I believe in that.
Old 05-14-2010, 01:57 PM
Addicted Fan

Welcome

You shouldn't feel ashamed, you're totally right, you don't have to be with someone to be happy, the right person will come along eventually ;D
Old 05-14-2010, 02:01 PM
Obsessed Fan

Thank you!

No, I think not. I think that when I'm happy in myself and done the things I'm supposed to do he'll come.

Karen, thank you for sharing that it's worth waiting!!
Old 05-14-2010, 02:35 PM
Elite Fan

You're welcome, Ella.
Any time I can share an experience that can encourage just one person is wonderful!
Old 05-15-2010, 11:24 PM
Total Fan

It's definitely true that if you yourself are not happy you shouldn't be with someone. However though you might try to find someone to help make you happy

"What I need is the dandelion in the spring, only Peeta can give me that."-Peeta/Katniss
Old 05-19-2010, 01:38 PM
Elite Fan

I have a few friends that didn't wait for the right one. One of them married the first one that asked her. She felt pressure from her parents to get married(key words SHE FELT PRESSURED). Her wedding was in the beginning of October and ended a week before their first anniverary. Domestic violence. She couldn't take it anymore. The first three months were wonderful she said. Then she woke up one day after three months and he became a totally different person. He became a control freak, easily jealous, easily provoked, showed his quick temper that she had never seen before, saw his violent side and was on the receiving end of all his blows. She came to college/the hospital where we did our nurses training with bruises. She finally had enough and called one day while he went to work. Her dad and I helped her move out of the apartment. Forgot to mention, he had a sezure disorder and wasn't suppose to drive since he wasn't currently stablized. One night he took her car keys after he thought she was asleep. While driving, and coming to a stop sign, he had a grand mal seizure(major type of seizure) and went through the inter section without stopping causing an accident, totaling my friend's metalic blue Camero that was a few years old.
She regreted marrying him. She did mention that during premarital counseling, it was advised that they not get married. That they are not compatible, have real different religious backgrounds,and family backgrounds. For the marriage to work some day, much time and counseling needs to take place. My friend wasn't about to even think that was true. She felt now was the time to marry. Pressure and desiring to please mom and dad wins everytime in her book.
She did remarry a few years later, this time, appeared to be Mr. Right, the one that would have been worth waiting for.
Old 05-19-2010, 02:42 PM
Master Fan

:Wave:

Im so sorry about your friend, Karen my parents are another example of a fail marriage for get married too soon and for having sex before marriage. Yes they had it and I dont feel ashamed to admit it cause sadly is something that always happen. Even my dad knew about God's word he fail in a moment of weakness I think, I dont know how to call it. He met my mom while he was traveling for work. Is really a sad story. My grandma told me that my father didnt want to marry my mom, but then they realised she was pregnant. Im not saying he didnt care about her or felt something for her, but he didnt love her anymore if he ever was. At the end things went bad, and now my sister and I havent seen her since twelve years ago, cause she lives on the other side of the country. Sometimes I feel afraid because of what my parents did I dont want their sins to reach me, I wanna do things right with the guide of the Lord. Ive never had a boyfriend, sometimes I feel like I need to have one, you know but I think God knows when will be the right time for me and for all of us, to meet with our soul mate I think we just have to trust someday that man will show up in our lifes
Old 05-19-2010, 04:58 PM
Total Fan

Karen: I can't believe that happened to your friend. It's so scary when you think you know someone and yet you don't Luckily she was able to get out of the marriage. I can't imagine how people can domestically abuse their husband or wife like that. My parents are trying to tell me to find someone but I keep telling them that it takes time and I have to know who I am dealing with.

Evie: It's so sad to see you and your sister hasn't seen your mom in 12 years. My parents argue a lot of about leaving each other but somehow the other can't seem to leave because they do love each other but things do get tough. I get nervous and sad because they've been married for 26 years and it's hard to see when they argue sometimes.

"What I need is the dandelion in the spring, only Peeta can give me that."-Peeta/Katniss
Old 05-19-2010, 08:20 PM
Elite Fan

Evie, I am to hear about your parents.
My mom had a love affair while being married to someone else. She was getting a divorce and put me up for adoption. She met my "parents" before she delivered me. And she approved of them. They had a strong Christian marriage and that suited her.
I know that she is Danish. Don't know anything about my biological father. My parents as I knew thwm were married over 55 years when dad died from complications from cancer and how it had spread throughout his body in 1 1/2 months. This was in 2002. My mom is still living and 87 years old.
Old 05-20-2010, 07:58 AM
Master Fan

Wendy, we dont see her but we talk by phone every so often is strange cause I dont feel related to her. I didnt grow up by her side, I dont feel sad or anything but I have this strange feeling I cant put into words. I try to be strong about this, but when Im telling my story to someone else sometimes I wanna cry and I dont know why, really. But I know Im not alone God is with me ITA with you, it takes time to know someone, and it also depends of your personality, if your shy or sociable.

My auncle is around his 40's and he just got married for the first time two weeks ago Im so happy for him, this is the second marriage for her and has two little girls, but she's a good woman and we all in the family appreciate her cause we know she realy loves my auncle. What I wanna say is that there's a time for everything and perhaps God want us to wait for the right moment to meet the man of our lifes.

Karen Im so sorry you didnt grew up with your biological parents cause I know how it feels the absence of a mother, but by the way you speak about your 'parents' I can see that you love them too much Im sorry about your dad. Is a blessing your Mom is 87 years old!! you know my grandpa just celebrate his 80th birthday Im very grateful to God my grandparents are still with us They are a blessing for all the family.
Old 05-20-2010, 01:41 PM
Total Fan

Karen: It's great that you grew up in a loving family who loved you It's hard to think about someone putting their baby up for adoption. I guess as long as the adopted parents are loving and caring is all that matters. My parents were thinking about not having me but my aunt convinced my mom to have me. So I am pretty thankful for my aunt saving me.

Evie: That's great you keep in contact with your mom. Sometimes feelings just can't be put into words

Old 05-20-2010, 10:28 PM
Elite Fan

[QUOTE=MBfan19;47075667]Karen: It's great that you grew up in a loving family who loved you It's hard to think about someone putting their baby up for adoption. I guess as long as the adopted parents are loving and caring is all that matters. My parents were thinking about not having me but my aunt convinced my mom to have me. So I am pretty thankful for my aunt saving me.[Quote//]

My biological mom loved me enough to place me into a home where a man and wife loved each other very much. They had one adopted son already, 3 1/2 years old. They chose to be parents. Chose when they got Ron, and when they got me, too.

Glad your aunt convinced your mom to have you! God has a purpose having you alive at this point in time.
Old 05-20-2010, 11:46 PM
Total Fan

Sometimes I always have this feeling like I wish I wasn't born but everyday when I think about it I am happy because I was given the chance to live and should be thankful for it. I'm not religious but I do believe that we all have a purpose in life and we were born for a reason My parents love me and always do what's best for me. No matter what it is I know they are only criticizing because it'll help me become better. I don't like when they nag about me not having a boyfriend but since i'm getting older...they just want me to be happy.

Old 05-22-2010, 07:52 PM
Elite Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by MBfan19 (View Post)
Sometimes I always have this feeling like I wish I wasn't born but everyday when I think about it I am happy because I was given the chance to live and should be thankful for it. I'm not religious but I do believe that we all have a purpose in life and we were born for a reason My parents love me and always do what's best for me. No matter what it is I know they are only criticizing because it'll help me become better. I don't like when they nag about me not having a boyfriend but since i'm getting older...they just want me to be happy.
I have had those thoughts way too often while growing up.

Alsso, felt some pressure when to marry and start a family.
Old 05-23-2010, 10:40 AM
Fan Forum Hero

Hi, can you add me to the list? I'm Heleen. Sometimes I feel sad because I've always been single... pretty much most of the time.

Karen: I'm so sorry about your friend