Fan Forum
Remember Me?
Register

Request a Forum   |     View New Forums

Reply   Post New Thread

Old 01-20-2015, 12:25 PM
New Fan

Online Dating #1: Share Your Experiences.

Has anyone used online dating? I'm wondering what it was like? I'm thinking about trying it but it just makes me nervous meeting someone I met online. Call me anxious or a worrier but it's true.

So, anyone had any good or bad luck with it?

Last edited by Sunrise at Midnight; 01-20-2015 at 01:33 PM Reason: Title
RomanFan84 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-20-2015, 01:31 PM
Fan Forum Star

What an interesting topic idea welcome to and the EL&I board I'm gonna adjust the title a little so it's not mistaken for spam.

Never tried it myself. I'd be to afraid if getting some wack job stalker type.

The worst thing in your life may just contain the seeds for the best things to begin to grow.
Sunrise at Midnight is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-20-2015, 02:33 PM
Fan Forum Star

I met my boyfriend online. But not through a dating website. We met online through another message board.

You can say it was successful... we're living together now.

My advice to you is to take it slow and develop a relationship with someone through common interests and the likes.

If you feel something is wrong, it probably is. Go with your gut feeling.

Good luck.
Tina is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-20-2015, 07:50 PM
Elite Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by RomanFan84 (View Post)
Has anyone used online dating? I'm wondering what it was like? I'm thinking about trying it but it just makes me nervous meeting someone I met online. Call me anxious or a worrier but it's true.

So, anyone had any good or bad luck with it?
Thank you for creating this thread.
You have every reason to be cautious because it is a bad world out there. I have tried it in the past and I met my ex partner on there. I met him in person and it scared the hell out of me.
All the advice that I can give to you is, watch out for fakes/scammers, guys that are only after one thing (As I am sure you have decency and morals.) and get to know that person well before giving him your contact details.
It works well for people. Tina couldn't be more happier and I was very happy at the time. Just proves that it can work but have a good head on those shoulders of yours and be cautious.

I met mine 3 months after we met online. We swapped pictures and talked on the phone every single morning and night. Then I plucked up the courage to take it further. Also, let it be on your terms. Don't let the guys on there push you into doing anything you don't want to. You are your own boss.
Also, they have a blocking option on these dating websites if you feel uncomfortable. See how it goes and let us know, we will sure guide you along. Good luck
BlackSapphire is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-21-2015, 03:35 PM
Fan Forum Star

Great advice Vicki

I found this funny....

https://www.tumblr.com/search/funny%...ing%20profiles

The worst thing in your life may just contain the seeds for the best things to begin to grow.
Old 01-21-2015, 06:31 PM
Obsessed Fan

Be careful of the ones who tell lies on these sites, apparently there are a lot of them. Personally l would never consider online dating because l think everyday is an opportunity to meet someone. No need to try hard, just be yourself and people will pick up on your good energy. But not everyone has good energy so they need to tell lies in order to con someone into being with them, l hear there are plenty of blokes like that online.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tina (View Post)

My advice to you is to take it slow and develop a relationship with someone through common interests and the likes.
Yes, common interests and likes is a good thing, it makes things so much easier because things just flow like water without effort. If you are a good person it is easy to meet someone, but the issue is that you need to make sure they are up to standard. Never settle for second best EVER!...too many people do.

When you meet someone that thinks and has exactly the same interests as you do in almost every single way it is quite a buzz. When you really feel deep love you will know it!!!

Go for a person you absolutely LOVE being around and have lots of things you love talking about together. If the energy is not there, don't force it, just move on.

Many people want to meet someone but not everyone will meet their soul mate,so what, get over it. Be the best you can be and maybe you might draw that special someone.

People don't like desperate, so if you smell it, run away!!! We don't need to try hard.
Future husband of Kelly. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-21-2015, 06:43 PM
Fan Forum Hero

I met my fiancé through Xbox live. Which.. is a little different because it wasn't like meeting in writing, it was voice to voice right away. I am not that great at trusting people, so it took a lot of courage. Distance was another reason I kind of stayed away from online dating. But we live together now and we are very happy together.
Collins is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-21-2015, 06:53 PM
Fan Forum Hero

My sister and her husband met online, and they've been together for 17 years Then my brother and his wife met online too, and they've been together for over 10 years
Old 01-21-2015, 07:16 PM
Elite Fan

Just proves that it can happen!!

I never regretted my online experience because it's made me who I am today. It made me more cautious because I did receive some messages of a sexual nature and I blocked those people. So that is my advice to you if you are worried about a guy pushing you to do anything.
You'll be fine though.
May I ask what worries you the most of online dating?
Old 01-21-2015, 11:32 PM
Obsessed Fan

Another thing l hear is that there lots of time wasters online. People spend ages spinning stories trying to make out they are someone they are not, and when people meet, the truth comes out and it is all a wate of time. Can be expensive too if you go for drinks or dinner time and time again and find nothing but toads.

Quote:
Originally Posted by DarkAngelx (View Post)
I met him in person and it scared the hell out of me.
I am curious as to why, do you mind sharing?
Future husband of Kelly. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-22-2015, 03:59 AM
Elite Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by Future husband of Kelly. (View Post)
I am curious as to why, do you mind sharing?
I didn't know what it would be like. It was all very new to me. He lived 100 miles away from where I live and back then in my adolescence (17 years old) it felt like he was from a strange land lol. It was the first time that I did something that wasn't what I would normally do. The main reason was the distance though. I was terrified to meet him, fall for him and then for him to tell me that the distance is too much because back then I was more sensitive after suffering family issues. So yes, bit of a mixture there
Old 01-22-2015, 06:42 AM
Fan Forum Hero

Quote:
Originally Posted by Future husband of Kelly. (View Post)
Another thing l hear is that there lots of time wasters online. People spend ages spinning stories trying to make out they are someone they are not, and when people meet, the truth comes out and it is all a wate of time. Can be expensive too if you go for drinks or dinner time and time again and find nothing but toads.
Yeah, catfishing. There is actually a tv show all about it that started from a documentary about the concept.
Collins is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-22-2015, 07:06 AM
Fan Forum Star

Quote:
Originally Posted by Collins (View Post)
Yeah, catfishing. There is actually a tv show all about it that started from a documentary about the concept.
Was that one football guy catfished? Or was that called something else? I can't remember his name but he was "dating". The woman and it turned out he'd never met her and she never existed or something like that? It's scary stuff.

Old 01-22-2015, 07:56 AM
Fan Forum Star

Yikes! Luckily, on both ends, we were telling the truth.

Chris I like that we have similar situations.

17 is young, Vicki You ended up marrying him?

Ju: Wow! They have been together a long time.
Tina is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-22-2015, 08:03 AM
Fan Forum Star

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tina (View Post)
Chris I like that we have similar situations.
when you both started talking about your new relationships a while back I really thought you were both seeing each other still sometimes it makes me think you are Just. cease you'll both say something similar

Reply   Post New Thread