Fan Forum
Remember Me?
Register

Request a Forum   |     View New Forums

Closed Thread   Post New Thread

Old 02-12-2013, 08:37 PM
Fan Forum Star

Old Hollywood Classics #1: We Love Them All...Audrey Hepburn, Cary Grant, Tina, Marilyn Monroe... and many more!

Old Hollywood Classics

Supporter's List:

Tina
Rosina
He Is Mighty To Save
AtomicEmpress
baelfire24
deHavilland

Websites:
TCM Turner Classic Movies
Graphics made by Tina.

Last edited by Sunrise at Midnight; 10-28-2014 at 11:28 PM
Old 02-12-2013, 08:38 PM
Fan Forum Star

Tell me who your favorites are! What are your favorite films? Favorite era? Actor/actress?
Old 02-16-2013, 06:50 AM
Loyal Fan

My fav is Katharine Hepburn... we also share a birthday ... others are Marlene Dietrich, Grace Kelly, Cary Grant
Old 02-16-2013, 12:02 PM
Fan Forum Star

Hi Rosina! (I like your name!) Would you like to be added to the OP?

Those are some great actors you've listed... I love them all too. What's your favorite movie?

I think my favorite movies of Katharine's are Guess Who's Coming to Dinner, The Philadelphia Story, Holiday, and Stage Door. I do have Adam's Rib and Woman of the Year in my collection that I still have yet to watch.
Old 02-16-2013, 12:43 PM
Loyal Fan

Yes, I'd like to be added. My favorites are : Bringing Up Baby and Guess who's coming to dinner
Old 02-16-2013, 12:53 PM
Fan Forum Star

Bringing up Baby was pretty good. I love Cary Grant. My favorite consist of a long list...

Ingrid Bergman, Ginger Rogers, Audrey Hepburn, Cary Grant, Greer Garson, Paul Newman, Fred Astaire, Sophia Loren, Natalie Wood, Lucille Ball, Jimmy Stewart, Gene Tierney, Olivia de Havilland, Katharine Hepburn, Elizabeth Taylor, James Dean, Judy Garland, Humphrey Bogart, Vivien Leigh, Clark Gable, Barbara Stanwyck, Deborah Kerr, Robert Redford, Anthony Perkins...

I know I have more, but those are my favorites.

Do you have any other favorites?
Old 02-16-2013, 01:12 PM
Loyal Fan

Yes of course Apart from the ones I already named:

Ginger Rogers, Cary Grant, Paul Newman, Fred Astaire, Sophia Loren, Jimmy Stewart, Elizabeth Taylor, James Dean, Judy Garland, Humphrey Bogart, Vivien Leigh, Robert Redford (Gosh I love Robert) , ad Doris Day
Old 02-16-2013, 01:21 PM
Fan Forum Star

We have pretty much similar ones.

Have you seen Stage Door with Katharine Hepburn, Lucille Ball, and Ginger Rogers? It's really good.
Old 02-16-2013, 05:16 PM
Loyal Fan

No I haven't , but the cast alone sounds fab! I'll give it a go. I'm actually not that big of a fan of Audrey, but I ADORED Sabrina (with Bogey)
Old 02-16-2013, 07:50 PM
Fan Forum Star

I know! It had me stole on that cast alone. It's a great little movie. Ginger and Katharine are awesome together. Lucille is so serious in this role, as I'm used to having her be funny. She used to be a "serious" actor before she went into comedy...

I love Sabrina too. Audrey is one of my favorites. I have a soft spot for her. Another favorite is Roman Holiday.

But sadly, in today's world, Marilyn Monroe and Audrey are seen as fashion icons rather than for their movies, you know?

I think the first movie I've ever seen (I've been watching since I was like 8/9) is a movie with Ginger Rogers and Fred Astaire... I love their dancing. Do you like them?
Old 02-17-2013, 12:28 AM
Loyal Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tina (View Post)
I know! It had me stole on that cast alone. It's a great little movie. Ginger and Katharine are awesome together. Lucille is so serious in this role, as I'm used to having her be funny. She used to be a "serious" actor before she went into comedy...

I love Sabrina too. Audrey is one of my favorites. I have a soft spot for her. Another favorite is Roman Holiday.

But sadly, in today's world, Marilyn Monroe and Audrey are seen as fashion icons rather than for their movies, you know?

I think the first movie I've ever seen (I've been watching since I was like 8/9) is a movie with Ginger Rogers and Fred Astaire... I love their dancing. Do you like them?
Yeah, ITA....I love the way they act, they way they speak...it's so artistic.Maybe a bit out of time, but I love it. I am a filmmaker (or at least I'm going to filmschool and intend to be) and we actually analyse most of the old classics because they were THAT good and innovative. Orson Welles (citizen Kane), Fellini, Hitchcock .... they practically INVENTED film as we know it today. So I watch a lot of classics and of course I appreciate the leading actors and actresses. That's probably one reason why I am a HUGE fan of Kristin Scott Thomas. E.G. "The English Patient", "Gosford Park" .She has those classic features.

Anyways about Fred and Ginger- I LOVE THEM ...Shall we dance is one of my favorites.
Old 02-17-2013, 08:44 AM
Fan Forum Star

Ooh! That's so cool that you want to be a film maker, and that you get to analyze films that like. I love The English Patient too.

Sometimes I forget what names goes to what film as they done a lot together. But I do like Carefree... that dance is so hypothesizing.

What did you think of Gone With the Wind?
Old 02-17-2013, 02:19 PM
Master Fan

I love old classics, there are too many to name right now, so I will have to let you all know soon!
Old 02-17-2013, 04:34 PM
Fan Forum Star

Mandie: Would you like to be added? And I look forward to see your favorites.
Old 02-17-2013, 08:01 PM
Master Fan

Sure!