Remember Me?
Register

Request a Forum   |     View New Forums

Reply   Post New Thread

Tags Thread Tools
Old 12-07-2017, 05:42 PM
Fan Forum Hero

Quote:
Originally Posted by sunnykerr (View Post)
I mean that my default "setting" isn't one where I feel very good about myself. I'm more inclined to believe that my life sucks and it's all my fault, you see. And, when I'm really down in the dumps, wondering why I even bother, thinking that I'm not worth the effort, I try to remind myself that I'm not worthless because I do try to be good.

I don't always succeed, but I try. And that means something. That's what I mean.
That's exactly how I feel.

Except you're way more positive than me.

♥ mal
{icon by morgonrodnad}
MissAndieWitter is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-07-2017, 08:19 PM
Fan Forum Hero

Gotcha.

Quote:
I try to remind myself that I'm not worthless because I do try to be good.
That's good advice.

Last edited by Collins; 12-07-2017 at 08:38 PM
Collins is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-08-2017, 09:12 AM
Fan Forum Star

Updating a will is a sure way to let anxiety issues talk a hold of you. I really hate myself for letting it take over. The self doubt is running strong. I'm questioning everything again. I shouldn't be, I got good news with the not so good news. I'm not so sure I want a marrow transplant, if a match is even found. It nearly killed me getting prepped for a partial. yeah...sometimes having time to think isn't always a good thing.

The worst thing in your life may just contain the seeds for the best things to begin to grow.
Sunrise at Midnight is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-08-2017, 09:42 AM
Fan Forum Hero

I'm also struggling with negative feelings and self-worth right now. I have this constant negative self-image. I always put other's needs before my own. I never take time on my own comfort or needs, then wonder why things aren't going the way I want them to. I'm doing my best to combat this, but I've decided now, if I can't get to a good place on my own I'll seek therapy again.
Old 12-09-2017, 09:55 AM
Fan Forum Star

Quote:
Originally Posted by MissAndieWitter (View Post)
That's exactly how I feel.

Except you're way more positive than me.
Oh, I have my moments, trust me. They just tend to incapacitate me. So, if I'm online, then I'm already feeling better.

But, yeah, I really believe there's value in trying. So I remind myself that I try all the time, even if the success/failure aspect of trying is outside my control sometimes.
sunnykerr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-11-2017, 02:01 AM
Graphics Team Manager

Moderator of ...
Graphics Team

Quote:
Originally Posted by Meliana (View Post)
I'm also struggling with negative feelings and self-worth right now. I have this constant negative self-image. I always put other's needs before my own. I never take time on my own comfort or needs, then wonder why things aren't going the way I want them to. I'm doing my best to combat this, but I've decided now, if I can't get to a good place on my own I'll seek therapy again.
This is very recognizable for me. I tend to minimalize my own feelings and opinions because I don't see them as important, and cypher myself away. It's something I've always lived with but could never really put into words until I started my internship. I study social work, and it's really affecting it as you need to evaluate yourself and reflect on your actions, and I never see the positives in my own actions.

My internshipmentor told me I should probably seek professional help since it's so rooted in me due to my upbringing and problems in my history. I really hope that might help me move forward as it's really holding me back with forming longlasting and durable relationships.
Old 12-19-2017, 09:29 PM
Master Fan

When a friend posted on their facebook how their future wife bumped them in the face with their knee... and they were like "My whole face hurts my future wife ran her knee into my face.." my comment was "I'm sorry I hope you feel better soon I completely understand pain I totaled my car last Monday." okay.. So she didn't even comment on my status and suddenly I discover she deleted me from facebook. I've known this chick for nearly 18 years! Like what the hell. A knee to the face vs. totaling a damn car where my whole left side of my body was screwed up for a week!!
Old 12-23-2017, 12:16 PM
Elite Fan

Right now I just wish I could punch breast cancer in the face for an immediate family member.
Old 01-05-2018, 04:07 PM
Fan Forum Hero

I had the best day of my life this past week. I spent hours with someone I've had certain feelings for for months and months, someone who I can never get out of my head. I know we could never be together, but I want this and now I know this person does too. We click intimately and sexually. I was so nervous at first, but. I feel so confident in myself lately, and that's good. They said they'd pay to watch me. Someone I thought hated me for the longest time, so open and everything all of a sudden. My mind and heart feel so.. good? I guess. I can't stop thinking about it. I just wish we communicated more, when we're not together.

I want to work in the adult film industry, but I can't. I've been doing it for free online for people for awhile, pics and videos etc. and I love doing it, but my SO doesn't let me share that stuff anymore. But it'd be awesome to be paid to do it, too.

The two people I mainly mess around with (don't know each other) want to have a threesome, but they've actually met before. I told one of them last night and he took it in a weird way. The other person who doesn't know yet, wants me to do it, and I would do anything without hesitation for them besides not knowing them very well at all.
Collins is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-13-2018, 12:02 AM
Fan Forum Hero

Yuck, my family turned out to be so dysfunctional.

Last edited by reason to believe; 02-27-2019 at 09:48 PM
reason to believe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-16-2023, 07:43 AM
Elite Fan

I don't think I'll ever overcome my brother's death.
Old 04-16-2023, 12:57 PM
Fan Forum Star

Rose Kennedy (JFK's mother, who buried many of her children) said that you never do get over that kind of loss. It always stays with you.

But she also said that, with time, scar tissue forms, so that the wound is less raw. Unless, of course, something happens to the scar to revive the original wound.

I've never experienced that kind of intimate loss, though I have lost people in other ways, which is why I turn to Rose Kennedy for wisdom. But, honestly, I just hope you're not too hard on yourself. It gets better, and that's okay, but it's also okay that it always stays with you.

And we're always here if you need to vent to someone who won't get hurt or lash out because you have to say whatever you need to say.
Old 04-17-2023, 09:20 AM
Elite Fan

Quote:
Rose Kennedy (JFK's mother, who buried many of her children) said that you never do get over that kind of loss. It always stays with you.

But she also said that, with time, scar tissue forms, so that the wound is less raw. Unless, of course, something happens to the scar to revive the original wound.

I've never experienced that kind of intimate loss, though I have lost people in other ways, which is why I turn to Rose Kennedy for wisdom. But, honestly, I just hope you're not too hard on yourself. It gets better, and that's okay, but it's also okay that it always stays with you.

And we're always here if you need to vent to someone who won't get hurt or lash out because you have to say whatever you need to say.
Thank you. I still have to understand why. It's kind of complicated. I just hope he has justice. The guilt I feel tho, it'll stay with me forever.
Old 04-17-2023, 03:59 PM
Fan Forum Star

I hope you get the answers you're looking for. And, if you don't, I hope you can find peace regardless.

Either way, though, I don't need to know anything about what happened to know that there is no room here for you to feel guilty here. It's normal to look back and wonder what would have happened if you'd done things differently, but you didn't cause your brother's passing.
Old 04-18-2023, 10:26 AM
Elite Fan

Quote:
I hope you get the answers you're looking for. And, if you don't, I hope you can find peace regardless.

Either way, though, I don't need to know anything about what happened to know that there is no room here for you to feel guilty here. It's normal to look back and wonder what would have happened if you'd done things differently, but you didn't cause your brother's passing.
Thank you. I hope so.
Reply   Post New Thread