Fan Forum
Remember Me?
Register

Request a Forum   |     View New Forums

Reply   Post New Thread

Tags Thread Tools
Old 08-18-2014, 07:33 PM
Fan Forum Star

OCD|ADD|ADHD#1: Living With ADHD & OCD is Hard! The ADHD Says " Oh Look a Cat!" The OCD Says " Let's Clean it!"

A place for anyone who's living with or dealing with these,or any various forms to talk,vent and find humor in the situation.

The worst thing in your life may just contain the seeds for the best things to begin to grow.
Sunrise at Midnight is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-18-2014, 08:36 PM
Fan Forum Hero

Good thread idea, thanks.

Been dealing with OCD for a long while, was diagnosed officially when I was 13 or so. It used to be pretty bad, but I've overcome it quite a bit. However I still do struggle with it..
Collins is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-19-2014, 03:00 AM
Fan Forum Star

Chris it's awesome you've made progress like that.

The worst thing in your life may just contain the seeds for the best things to begin to grow.
Old 08-27-2014, 07:28 PM
Fan Forum Hero

i have the weirdest aspects of ocd. like, my tissue box has to match my bathroom decor. although, i'll walk out of a room ten times after i've rearranged everything just to make sure it looks... good! no one in my family is a neat freak like this. NO ONE! i'll even get enraged if someone loads the dishwasher wrong. omg. *CRINGE*
i never learn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-27-2014, 07:51 PM
Master Fan

I am OCD about certain things.
Old 08-29-2014, 09:50 PM
Dedicated Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by He Is Mighty To Save (View Post)
I am OCD about certain things.
I am about at least two things and the number one sounds really weird i have always had to have something out of order where i work/study and in my bedroom/ home every where that i feel at home. I need atleast one thing out orf order it can be as small as the lid off the pen that is laying crooked across from the pen holder to as big as cant see the desk. I also have to have things pretty and put things in paterns if i see them. Like if there is a rack 18 lighters 9 black and 9 red well it would be blacknred so forth. If you had the same carton with 6 blue 6 purple and 3 multi color it would be blue purple multi color purple blue space repeat.
IrishSouthernBelle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-18-2014, 03:09 AM
Fan Forum Star

I think I'm becoming OCD with Thread Titles...I've noticed recently, I like threads to have permanent names, then a changing title it drives me crazy when they don't "flow"

Old 10-18-2014, 03:35 AM
Master Fan

I had dinner with a friend this evening on the way back from a concert, when we got in my car I was in the middle of talking about something and then I was like "Oh look! The clock says 12:34!!!" I was like "Sorry ADD moment!"
Old 10-20-2014, 08:20 PM
Fan Forum Star

Mandie. I do things like that too.

Old 10-26-2014, 11:31 AM
Fan Forum Hero

i love how people make fun of my ocd. i mean, i don't think some can actually compute what it means to NEED things a certain way. like, actually have to have things a specific way or you'll get an anxiety attack and shut down. oh, yes. i'm so weird. i'm mentally incompetent for putting things in order/cleaning.
Old 10-26-2014, 03:53 PM
Fan Forum Star

Lexi , yeah it sucks somepeople just don't understand that it can lead to serious stressing.

Old 10-26-2014, 08:15 PM
Fan Forum Hero

thank you for understanding, kali!

having a temper on top of ocd just makes everything worse. i just wish i could let some things go sometimes, but it's hard. what's worse is: why should i have to defend myself? my ocd isn't just going to get up and walk away. like, why push my buttons about it? everyone is a ~weirdo in their own right.
Old 10-26-2014, 09:29 PM
Obsessed Fan

I used to have to do things in even numbers like switching the light off twice or more on even numbers, and l always liked the numbers 4 and 8 and 16 and 32 and 64 the best (8 times 8 or 8 times 2 etc). Sometimes l wouldn't do things twice, sometimes l liked to do things 64 times on really special occasions when l would let it all hang out.

I also never liked walking on a driveway when a car was passing on the road.

I also had a fascination with sleeping in my bed without ever getting the blankets wrinkled and messy. I trained myself to lay perfectly still and sleep a certain way so the blanket was perfectly neat without one little wrinkle. That was not so good because l was always scared l would move in my sleep and my bed would become messy. I was 14 at the time and everything had to be perfect.

When l was eight l was obsessed with writing everything in square letters. Did it for the entire year.

When l was 13 l was obsessed with locks. Padlocks and locks were my world, absolutely loved them. I even found a master key to the school and would lock the teachers in the classrooms and lock the library up so nobody could get out.

I also vacuumed my room most days and washed my hands dozens of times each day and would sterilise my room. I guess it didn't stress me to not do those things, but l enjoyed cleanliness.

I cured my lifelong OCD with powerful meditation, enlightenment and a raw food vegan diet.
Future husband of Kelly. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-28-2014, 08:56 PM
Fan Forum Star

Wow Ron, the messy bed thing must have been so hard.

Lexie

Old 10-28-2014, 11:07 PM
Fan Forum Star

Yeah, that must been really hard.

I was in my new house placing daydreams
-------Patching up the crack along the wall
→ Jessica | creative dream
meraki is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply   Post New Thread