Fan Forum
Remember Me?
Register

Request a Forum   |     View New Forums

Reply   Post New Thread

Tags Thread Tools
Old 06-18-2018, 04:28 PM
Fan Forum Star

The Non-Smokers Thread #2 ~ If You Don't Smoke, I Won't Fart!

Carry on, everyone.

If someone wants to design an OP, just let one of the mods know and we'll put it up.

And, remember, this isn't a place to destroy smokers, but just to support each other in not smoking.
sunnykerr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-18-2018, 05:17 PM
Fan Forum Star

the title is well

I thought the e-cigs would make tikngs better when people started switchingto them, but walking in front of stos and other buildings but I was wrong. some of that stuff is just as bad as what a real one gives off.

The worst thing in your life may just contain the seeds for the best things to begin to grow.
Sunrise at Midnight is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-18-2018, 05:24 PM
Elite Fan

thanks for making the new thread, sunnykerr
Old 06-18-2018, 06:07 PM
Fan Forum Star

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sunrise at Midnight (View Post)
the title is well

I thought the e-cigs would make tikngs better when people started switchingto them, but walking in front of stos and other buildings but I was wrong. some of that stuff is just as bad as what a real one gives off.
E-cigarettes are full of chemical products, the impact of which hasn't truly been determined yet. And they also have nicotine, so they are addictive. And that's not going into how their batteries explode sometimes.

As for the title... Well, there didn't seem to be a consensus for a title on the old thread, so I went looking for ideas, looking for something that wasn't too judgy, because I have some loved ones who are smokers and I'm not down with taking the moral high ground there.

Anyway, I came across this one... For obvious reasons, it appealed to me.
Old 06-18-2018, 09:46 PM
Fan Forum Legend

Moderator of ...
Phoebe Tonkin

Tftnt! That title.

{taek su mi sun}
fall into your smile is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-18-2018, 09:49 PM
Elite Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by could never leave you (View Post)
Tftnt! That title.
Yeah it's funny
Old 06-19-2018, 03:56 PM
Fan Forum Star

I don't really deserve any credit for not smoking. I'm allergic to nicotine.
Old 10-18-2018, 09:15 AM
Fan Forum Hero

Moderator of ...
Tom Welling

I really think e-cigarettes should be banned in public places just like regular cigarettes and tobacco. I was at the bus station earlier and this guy was leaning over the bins 2 feet away from where I was sitting, puffing heavily on his e-cigarette, so much so that it completely wafted right in my face. I had to immediately get up from my seat as it made me feel ill. I don't think he had any care for his surroundings and where his smoke was drifting to. It could have been a child that had sat behind him. I doubt he had noticed me get up, cause otherwise I wold have said something as he had the gall to sit in my seat moments after I got up. I think it's so unfair that non-smokers have to still breathe in dangerous substances despite tobacco being banned in public places (though it seems some smokers like to flout that rule). Ok so the smell isn't anywhere near as bad as tobacco but it still made me cough and I have a bad taste in my mouth. The dangers of second hand smoke from e-cigarettes are just as bad. Ugh. And I was just getting over from my cold and bad cough from weekend before last. I've still got the cough but the whole day I hadn't coughed and now it's feeling worse again.

Last edited by livstevi21; 10-18-2018 at 09:22 AM
livstevi21 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-18-2018, 01:34 PM
Fan Forum Star

E-cigarettes are... problematic. For one thing, they're too recent for us to understand yet their side effects on the users and in terms of "second-hand smoke," etc.

So, for all we know, they could cause cancers of their own, even if it's not the same as that of cigarettes. And we have no idea whatsoever of their impact on things like the brains of "children," which I put in quotation marks because I'm using the term to reference teenagers and even young adults as well.

Cannabis is legal in Canada as of yesterday and the laws that have been put in place to legislate its use have been debated tremendously, especially when it comes to the use by anyone whose brain is not completely developped, which scientists estimate means basically anyone under the age of 25. So "children" means anyone under 25, which of course covers a whole bunch of people who wouldn't call themselves children at all.

My point, though, is that even though cannabis and whatever chemicals are in e-cigarettes are different, I can't imagine that the latter doesn't have some sort of impact on the brains of "children" as well.
Old 10-19-2018, 07:56 AM
Fan Forum Hero

Moderator of ...
Tom Welling

Indeed. The only reason I can understand cannabis be legalised is for medicinal purposes. There have been a few reported stories recently of young children with complex illnesses where apparently cannabis is needed to help cure them, but I find it hard to believe that such a controversial drug is the only way to cure these poor kids, though I guess they just haven't found any safer alternative yet. All drugs can be dangerous depending on quantities taken and what drugs they're taken with, culminating in drug abuse. As much as I loved visiting Canada again earlier this month, it saddens me that they have legalised cannabis for recreational purposes (of which I struggle to understand why anyone would purposely take it just for fun only to harm themselves in the long term). I can just see it creating all kinds of problems if it ends up being sold to anyone under the age of 25 let alone under 18.

The thing with e-cigarettes was that they were meant to help people quit regular smoking and I understand you can get ones without the addictive nicotine, but like you say, we have little understanding of the dangers the chemicals in these e-cigarettes can do to our bodies and it could easily end up causing just as much harm as anything else.
Old 10-19-2018, 08:52 PM
Fan Forum Star

Oh, honestly, I have no issue with the legalization of cannabis. I think it's being blown way out of proportion. Like people will all lose their minds now it's legal. Not that I think using cannabis is without side effects or consequences. But most of my high school smoked it back in the day, and it sure as heck wasn't legal then.

So I don't see how making it legal does anything more than (a) allowing the state to collect taxes from it and (b) stop the courts having to handle each and every case of simple possession.

The other thing about e-cigarettes is that, like you say, they're supposed to help people stop smoking. They're not supposed to be what a person is now smoking.
Old 10-20-2018, 01:21 AM
Fan Forum Hero

Moderator of ...
Tom Welling

True, you have a point. It's not like people hadn't been growing cannabis farms, selling and taking it before while it was still illegal. It is still illegal here in the UK but there have been debates about the possibility of legalising it for medicinal purposes.
Old 10-20-2018, 11:26 AM
Fan Forum Star

Well, I could be wrong, but I think cannabis was already legal for medical applications here... I'm not sure. I don't know anyone who needs it or has needed it for medical reasons, so I don't know for sure.

But, yeah, I think it's a no-brainer. There are medical applications where, at this point in time, cannabis must be the only thing that truly works. And you know that's true because doctors would not prescribe it if anything else worked.
Old 10-20-2018, 03:22 PM
Fan Forum Star

i don't smoke and that title is darn funny!

Clexa Forever! | may we meet again | Dave
Jen's Herald is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-21-2018, 02:15 PM
Fan Forum Star

Thanks! I can't take credit for it, but I do love to make people laugh.
Reply   Post New Thread