Fan Forum
Remember Me?
Register

Request a Forum   |     View New Forums

Closed Thread   Post New Thread

Old 03-23-2007, 02:50 AM
Elite Fan

Well though I don't have asthma... it makes me cough and my eyes start tearing...

We had a law pass last Nov. about no smoking in restaurants... so yeah! Now if they could just get the enforcement aspect cemented!
Old 03-23-2007, 06:07 AM
Fan Forum Hero

We have smoking laws too haha smokers sorry, but not
Old 03-23-2007, 07:42 AM
Elite Fan

What kind of penalties does your area have?
Old 03-23-2007, 07:50 AM
Fan Forum Hero

I think it's huge fines I don't take any noticed because I don't smoke
Old 03-23-2007, 12:12 PM
Elite Fan

For the businesses or individuals? I think our area is focusing on the businesses that allow it when they're not supposed to... *shrug*

I felt it was soooo stupid for them not to have penalities written in w/ our law... *sheesh* Lawmakers dropped the ball on that aspect, but our area overwhelmingly passed the measure...

*takes a breath of non-nicotine area*
Old 03-23-2007, 06:29 PM
Addicted Fan

I always get sick from smelling smoke and it hurts my nose to even take a whiff of it I find it funny when people who do it excessively say "its just something to experience" or because "its cool"

I dont know much about ny laws either but I did hear that their not allowing it in some bars, I could be wrong though
xbox360 gamertag: Chaosxflame ADD me!
Old 03-24-2007, 04:42 AM
Fan Forum Hero

I think it's for businesses
Old 03-25-2007, 04:10 AM
Loyal Fan

I can't stand it when people smoke around me.
I've never smoked and my family don't smoke, so I get really sick when I'm around people who are smoking- I just feel really sick and start coughing. It was a nightmare at school because people would smoke in the toilets and the smell was awful.
There are a few people in my Tafe class who smoke- they walk out of class and smoke, they can't last 4 hours without smoking. A few of them used to sit with me when they were smoking and they blew smoke over me, but after a few times I just made a big production of moving so now they smoke and then come to sit with me .
I'm studying child care, so we run a playgroup every week and these people in my class smoke right before it starts (which isn't allowed) and wonder why the children won't go near them .

Reading Is Awesome!
Michael: Why me?
Mia: Because you saw me when I was invisible.
Old 03-25-2007, 11:46 AM
Elite Fan

Even the kids think it's 'stinky'....

One thing that bugs me is when employees loiter near the entrances of stores/businesses etc. puffing away.... So I'm forced to hold my break as I navigate my way thru them...
Old 03-26-2007, 01:26 AM
Addicted Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by Astra (View Post)
Even the kids think it's 'stinky'....

One thing that bugs me is when employees loiter near the entrances of stores/businesses etc. puffing away.... So I'm forced to hold my break as I navigate my way thru them...
Yeah that's soooo annoying!!
I used to have a friend who smoked and I got kinda used to it but when I think about it now I wonder how I was able to do that! I can't stand smoke at all anymore!! It smells horrible, my eyes start tearing and I get a sore throat... it's just disgusting in my opinion.
Old 03-26-2007, 04:44 AM
Loyal Fan

My friend's Mum and Grandmother smoke, so I find it hard to go over to her house. Even though they don't smoke when I'm there, I can still smell it in the house.
I feel bad for children whose parents smoke around them because it can make them really sick.

Reading Is Awesome!
Old 03-26-2007, 09:18 AM
Elite Fan

Me too...

I think people are starting to wise up about smoking around their kids... so hopefully they'll at least step outside to smoke.

The one thing I saw once that was very disturbing was a pregnant woman smoking away.... Granted, this was maybe 10 years ago... But I was in complete shock...
Old 03-26-2007, 09:45 AM
Addicted Fan

Pregnant women smoking is the worst thing!! I don't get it!! Don't they realize what they do to their babies??
I also think it's just horrible when people smoke in cars! Especially when they've got their kids with them!
Old 03-26-2007, 11:17 PM
Loyal Fan

Seeing pregnant women smoking really disturbs me, too.
If they want to smoke, that's fine, but not while they're pregnant because it hurts the baby. They should at least wait until they have the baby and then smoke when they aren't around the baby.

Reading Is Awesome!
Old 03-27-2007, 12:06 PM
Elite Fan

Well, in my mind, that should be a wakeup call to STOP smoking... If you're pregnant and it's not just you anymore. Her health and well being should become a priority because she needs to be around to care for and raise her child...

Sorry.. didn't mean to go off on a rant there

Last edited by Astra; 03-28-2007 at 08:42 AM
Closed Thread   Post New Thread