Fan Forum
Remember Me?
Register

New Forum Poll   |     Request a Forum   |     View New Forums

Closed Thread   Post New Thread

Forum Affiliates Tags Thread Tools
Old 07-20-2017, 06:59 PM
Fan Forum Hero

Brain cancer's a bitch that's already taken down my favourite U.S. senator of all time.

I'm not a fan of much when it comes to Mr McCain, but no one deserves to have to deal with this. I wish him well.
Old 07-21-2017, 03:36 PM
Elite Fan

Moderator of ...
Comics & Cartoons

What don't you like about him?

White House Press Secretary Sean Spicer Resigns After Trump Shakeup

I tend to not watch the White House press briefings as they either lie to the public in them or just are quite frankly you could argue are a waste of time, especially ones that were not &/or continue to not be on camera. I know Spicer had his ups & downs. Of course there was the Assad comparison to Hitler he did, plus the report that I believe was proven false about him hiding out in bushes by the White House. All that being said he seems like a nice enough guy. Far different than President Trump through my eyes & wish him well. Of course there was also the hilarious Melissa McCarthy impersonation of him on ''Saturday Night Live'' that I'd guess we'll no longer get to see as well. Wish him the best.
Old 07-22-2017, 10:43 AM
Fan Forum Hero

I don't like much about John McCain's politics... he's like a broken clock to me: right maybe twice a day, but through no fault of his own.

I could go into detail, but I don't believe in kicking a man when he's down. And I really do sincerely wish him the best.
Old 07-22-2017, 02:32 PM
Elite Fan

Moderator of ...
Comics & Cartoons

Oh. Actor John Heard, of 'Home Alone' movies, dies

Sad. He was a good actor. I haven't seen him in a ton of films, but did see John Heard in ''Cat People'' & ''Cutter's Way'' which were good films I thought. Of course I saw him in ''Home Alone'' & ''Home Alone 2'' as well. He had a long career.
Old 07-23-2017, 10:13 AM
Fan Forum Hero

The Pelican Brief and Big, on top of the Home Alone movies and too many TV shows to count, for me.
Old 07-23-2017, 03:30 PM
Elite Fan

Moderator of ...
Comics & Cartoons

I need to see ''The Pelican Brief''. I don't remember that 1.

Donald Trump did an interview with the New York Times last week that has made news.

Donald Trump's 35 most eye-popping quotes in his interview with the New York Times

I guess I shouldn't expect him to know a lot about which Napoleon did what, but he's going to bring 1 of em it helps to be correct about it being the President. I haven't even read the National edition of Friday's New York Times yet. I might not have time yet, but if that interview's in it I want to check it out.
Old 07-24-2017, 05:02 PM
Fan Forum Hero

Is that the interview in which he says he could pardon himself, if he was ever found guilty of anything, but he doesn't need to because the leaks are illegal?
Old 07-24-2017, 05:16 PM
Elite Fan

Moderator of ...
Comics & Cartoons

I'm unsure. I haven't read it yet. I think he tweeted that he could pardon himself & some have agreed with him such as Rand Paul, but said that it's also not a good idea to do it.
Old 07-25-2017, 05:44 PM
Fan Forum Hero

Obamacare: U.S. senators vote in favour of debating repeal

I guess this is why they wheeled McCain in from the sick room, huh? I say that fully aware that Pence cast the deciding vote.
Old 07-26-2017, 04:17 PM
Elite Fan

Moderator of ...
Comics & Cartoons

Yeah. They need him. It's very strange what's going on with healthcare in the U.S. now, since Republicans talked about repealing The Affordable Care Act for s long while Obama was President & now they have the chance to get something for better or worse & can't seem to get enough votes to pass something, though based on polls this new health care bill they want to pass is not so popular in the U.S. Trump is also furious apparently about Republicans not being able to repeal The Affordable Care Act at this time.

Some other news today:

Trump: Transgender people 'can't serve' in US military
Old 07-26-2017, 05:09 PM
Fan Forum Hero

I don't even understand the level of cognitive dissonance it requires for someone like John McCain to vote in favour of removing the very protection that literally just saved (or extended) his life from millions upon millions of citizens, all the while exhorting his fellow senators to "listen to [their] constituents." Like, Donald Trump isn't the only one who makes no sense whatsoever.

As for this ban on transgender members of the armed forces. Aside from proving Trump to be low-down pond scum, which is hardly news, it only serves to highlight how the President has yet to find a low he won't stoop down to in an attempt to redirect people's attention from the Russia investigation (and probably the health-care bill reform catastrophe).

Because that's all that is. According to a study done only last year, there are thousands upon thousands of active-duty transgender men and women in the armed forces already. And your military can't afford to lose more members with an unpopular Republican president in the White House.

Bad enough that the George W. Bush administration loosened the criteria on age and criminal records in order to shore up the numbers during the two wars he started.
Old 07-27-2017, 04:23 PM
Elite Fan

Moderator of ...
Comics & Cartoons

Yeah. The Trump Administration apparently thinks it can do whatever they want, but that is being proven & will continue to be proved that they are wrong & I think this is just another example.

Here's an update on the Republicans healthcare Bill. GOP Senators Threaten to Block 'Skinny' Health Care Bill

I am curious, do you feel bad for Rance Priebus & Jeff Sessions or do you think they knew what they were signing up for & are big boys that can take Trump's criticism & all teh other negative things he says about his own cabinet members?
Old 07-27-2017, 07:22 PM
Fan Forum Hero

I don't feel bad for any member of the Trump administration. Who knows whether they realized the level of skeeze they were getting into with him, but it's not even about them being big boys and/or girls for me.

They were so thirsty for power that they were willing to get in bed with him. So, you know what they say about laying down with dogs...

Not to mention that I haven't seen a one of them using their position for good yet. It's like the whole administration is so determined to be number one that they don't care that they're heading straight towards number one at being the absolute worst.

(Of course, it's not a shock that they don't care. Business moguls aren't generally known for their ability to think about other people and what they might want from the organization their tax dollars are funding.)

You know a good portion of the Southern economy was, once upon a time, based on earning a profit from "free" labour? Slavery's been abolished and we could get into a whole conversation about whether institutional discrimination is a thing or not, but, at the end of the day... how has the system changed, really? From where I'm sitting, it's still about rich people getting richer off of less powerful people's labour.
Old 07-28-2017, 03:39 PM
Elite Fan

Moderator of ...
Comics & Cartoons

Trump names John Kelly new White House chief

Well, this isn't surprising I suppose to many that Priebus is out already. I want to say ''Lucky him'', but I I'm not in The White House. Maybe Rance Priebus was having that time of his life. Wish him well.

Trump encourages Senate to change rules after health care defeat

Now as it pertains to this other story I guess after the Republicans changed how a ''Justice'' could get confirmed & not allowing even a hearing to potentially become a Supreme Court member I'm somewhat surprised that Republicans wouldn't want to follow what Trump says & change the rules for healthcare getting voted on.
Old 07-29-2017, 02:46 PM
Fan Forum Hero

If no one cares that the White House is currently upending U.S. democracy as it's been operating for however many decades, then I don't really see things changing any time soon.

Of course, even if the average citizen cared enough to try and do something about it, it would be difficult, considering that all three branches of government have been handed to the Republicans who are now getting the opportunity to show the world where their moral fiber and true values lie.
Closed Thread   Post New Thread