Fan Forum
Remember Me?
Register

Request a Forum   |     View New Forums

Closed Thread   Post New Thread

Tags Thread Tools
Old 09-25-2017, 06:12 PM
Fan Forum Star

Kim, you're a much better person than I am. In this day and age, I think I would struggle to respect a person's right to wear or to exhibit or even just to openly have a swastika or a Confederate flag.

That's my opinion. Which is, of course, informed by the laws of my country, where hate speech is defined differently than it is in the States. And, as I've mentioned before, I really do believe in the rule of law.

Meanwhile: Jared Kushner used private email for White House business

Anyone think that's gonna come home to roost for him?
Old 09-26-2017, 12:31 AM
Moderator Support Team

Quote:
Originally Posted by sunnykerr (View Post)

for sure
icon by
Old 09-26-2017, 04:18 AM
Fan Forum Legend

Moderator of ...
Star Trek
Robert Carlyle

Quote:
K

It better!
Old 09-26-2017, 08:32 AM
Loyal Fan

Here are four more America citizens that happen to be black and they are speaking out against the NFL. Really listen to what these four men have to say...they all speak extreme details on this issue:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lwfvRbAK2IM

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jn6-yHu6hc4

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mMusko3ul90

I have the greatest respect for this next Veteran:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=z634hlt8b9o

Last edited by ByGoneYrs; 09-26-2017 at 08:48 AM
Old 09-26-2017, 09:15 AM
Fan Forum Hero

Quote:
Kim, you're a much better person than I am. In this day and age, I think I would struggle to respect a person's right to wear or to exhibit or even just to openly have a swastika or a Confederate flag.

That's my opinion. Which is, of course, informed by the laws of my country, where hate speech is defined differently than it is in the States. And, as I've mentioned before, I really do believe in the rule of law.

I know-it kills me. All I can do is keep calling the senators. It's insane to me that some people are so filled with hate and contempt.

It better haunt him, and the other 5 who apparently have done it.

So, the Cowboys knelt BEFORE the anthem, and got booed. Hm, guess it wasn't really about the song, the flag, or the troops after all. Gee, I'm shocked.

Penn, post a million links, it's not changing the issue.
Old 09-26-2017, 11:34 AM
Loyal Fan

On a slightly different note, here is a Woman from Canada talking on a YouTube video about social justice and political justice. She talks about example of PC in Canada, UK, and other countries...very much a eye opener...have a look and think what she is saying:

5 Ways That Political Correctness Has Gone Too Far

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fTPdn6WGgj0
Old 09-26-2017, 05:46 PM
Fan Forum Star

I'll be honest, I last about three minutes into that video and had to shut it off. So much whining. So much whining. Like, I applaud her for starting her own YouTube channel to express herself, but Good lord...

Also, for a Canadian women, you'd think she'd have more Canadian references. Mind you, maybe she's just looking at thw world from her own Canadian perspective, where things aren't that bad at home, so she's looking outside of it for things to complain about?

Anyway, in the news today: Republican push to repeal Obamacare collapses

It's becoming their white whale, isn't it? Except, of course, in this case, it's a white whale of their own making, which is doubly confusing. As with Ahab, I doubt this will be the end of it. It just seems like such a tremendous waste of time and money at this point.

Surely, there are more important things to do. Like, for instance, we all know Puerto Rico's been completely obliterated by two consecutive hurricanes. Shouldn't its government look into getting ahead of that situation before it turns into a complete human disaster?
Old 09-27-2017, 08:06 AM
Fan Forum Hero

Thanks for the link Sunny. It's only because he continues to run off the "Obama ruined everything" line.

Saving lives should be one of the top priorities of this country, and its administration.

I don't understand how you just turn your back on them. Puerto Rico is completely gone really, and yet no rushing to help?
Old 09-27-2017, 08:55 AM
Loyal Fan

What news are you two watching...maybe you should stop watching CNN and MSNBC!!!

The US Navy and Coast Guard are there in force and just opened up the ports so we can get ships there to get all sorts of supplies there. Next the US Air force has been non-stop flying C -130s in for food supplies. That Islands mostly has always gotten resources through it ports that have just as of yesterday reopened. There is only ONE airport still usable for planes to land and the US Air Force is using it to bring in supplies. Also President Trump announced expanding the funds requested for relief for Puerto Rico. I should also point out that there is no power on that island either.

Realize two US states: Texas and Florida were pounded on the main land and most of the focus is on them. Now usually the support that would be sent to places like Puerto Rico are already engaged and in the field in Texas, Louisiana, Florida, Georgia. They are working on relief for the mainland FIRST, and they are taking crews from other regions to send there. It takes time to do all that, like the article below talks about the Hospital ship. I also know that the Air Force Transport Battalion out of McGuire Air Force Base has been flying around the clock C-130s down there.

Here is a news links:

Navy hospital ship prepares for relief mission to Puerto Rico

https://www.upi.com/Top_News/US/2017...4581506523273/

Last edited by ByGoneYrs; 09-27-2017 at 09:07 AM
Old 09-27-2017, 12:44 PM
Fan Forum Hero

I can't speak on Sunny's point, but my point is the millions can be spent on PR.

It's a little late to "prepare" to send the hospital ship.
Old 09-27-2017, 03:46 PM
Loyal Fan

I just saw a report that there is tons of supplies and fuel there, but there is NO WAY to get the supplies to the different locations because the infrastructure no longer exists (Roads/bridges), no Trucks to move the supplies, and they have a man power issue as well. That Island was crushed, and there is NO power at all. That island was never like any State in the US mainland, it is primitive at best. Now the High Tech they did have, has been totally destroyed, their phone service has been totally destroyed as well.

Throwing money at them will do nothing, they need trained assets there to rebuild or build brand new Infrastructure and Technology from scratch. They have no money to do anything themselves, so the US would totally have to build them up from scratch. That money does not exist, and a lot of destruction has been done to States here on the mainland and that is priority number one as it should be. Remember it is US Citizens footing the bills to rebuild the for states that were damaged, but they also are willing to help them down there but that is going to take a long time to even get them back to the low level they were at before.
Old 09-27-2017, 03:46 PM
Fan Forum Star

I don't watch either MSNBC or CNN. What news do you watch, Penn?

Because I can't make heads or tails of what you're saying. Are you saying things are as good as can be expected in Puerto Rico? Or that they need more than the Navy, Coast Guard, etc. can offer? Which is it? Are they supposed to wait till everything is great with the rest of the United States before they get aid? Or are they, indeed, without power for days now?

How is it that Pitbull can send in his private plane to evacuate cancer patients so they can get their treatments in Florida but the federal government is only now getting help ready? Cruise ships have helped evacuate people, but the ports have only just been open? That doesn't make sense.

Also, why shouldn't U.S. citizens be footing the bill exactly? Or do you not know that Puerto Ricans pay federal taxes, too?
Old 09-27-2017, 04:10 PM
I am a basketball genius!

I like MSNBC, so I won't stop watching it, since to me their is less bickering on it than CNN & FOX usually, but I do try to read The New York Times to get news on stories that aren't usually reported on TV.

Here's some news out of Saudi Arabia this week: Saudi Arabia To End Ban On Women Driving

Well this is a start. I guess there's hope that women in Saudi Arabia will be able to go places without a male guardian at some point. That could just be wishful thinking.

Big news outta Alabama.

Roy Moore's triumph in Alabama has Republicans reeling

Wow. Well, I've never been to or likely will even get to visit Alabama, so everything I've learned of Roy Moore is from recent. From what I've learned though he's a Bible thumper & has some racist views such as on Muslims. Anyway, he's likely going to be the next Senator of Alabama, so there's that for D.C. & others to worry about.
Old 09-27-2017, 04:17 PM
Loyal Fan

That Island was flattened, and the infrastructure was totally destroyed. There is no power or cell phone service on the island either. Most of that islands population lives in very basic living conditions. Those that had high tech, have loss the use of it.

Now at this point there are lots of resources building up on the island, but there is no way at this point to get these resources to the people that need it all over the island. There is a lot that needs to be done to help them out. It is easy to fly a small prop plane into the island and carry under 12 pop, but there is only one air port to land huge cargo planes. Also to offload cargo ships, that is no longer done by hand...they use cranes. It is hard to get cargo ships into those docks when other ships are sunk or capsized boats.

Look into all the matters, do some searching on these topics. It is NOT as easy as you think.
Old 09-27-2017, 04:38 PM
Fan Forum Star

And it's not as hard as you think it is either. On another thread, you're talking about everything that's being done for space exploration. You're telling me we could send a man in space, but we can't save an island?

Didn't we figure stuff out when Haiti had that massive earthquake?

And, if they can really only land small planes, then why aren't we doing that, then?

Why is it that everyone else has figured out a way to help Puerto Rico, except for its own government?
Closed Thread   Post New Thread