Fan Forum
Remember Me?
Register

Request a Forum   |     View New Forums

Closed Thread   Post New Thread

Tags Thread Tools
Old 10-06-2018, 02:34 PM
Fan Forum Hero

How could they confirm Kavanaugh?!? I'm speechless!
https://www.bbc.com/news/world-us-canada-45774174

avi by neel luvs tony
Old 10-06-2018, 02:38 PM
Fan Forum Hero

Oh confirming him was never in doubt. As for the alleged sexual assaults, they infuriate me. That's not the problem here. The news has covered maybe 15% of the votes where he voted against the minority of the public. The things that are upcoming.

I can't have faith we'll win the House, or the Senate, and even if we do, as I said, they're going to say that China interfered-on behalf of the Democrats (because according to Trump, they don't want him to be POTUS) so they will use that to invalidate the election, and question the legitimacy.

In other words, it's okay if it helps them. When it won't help them, they're going to make excuses so they can take away any win anyone else may get.

I wasn't kidding when I said the 2016 elections were going to affect generations. So will this confirmation. The GOP were smart taking advantage of the Democrats "playing nice". They have been smart every step of the way, that they've been taking for decades. If you ever believed Liberals were at any disadvantage before, watch what happens. It may take a while, but it will take a firestorm to get them out of power.

Kim

Last edited by There You'll Be; 10-07-2018 at 03:34 AM
Old 10-07-2018, 10:21 AM
Fan Forum Star

Okay... I'm gonna deliberately try to take your mind off of the Kavanaugh boondoggle. Because, who knows, if the midterm elections go to the Democrats, it could be a non-issue.

Pro-Russia party wins Latvia election I think the far-right is making gains across the world because we are seeing a crisis of resources. The poor are getting poorer, water and food are becoming serious issues, and the new generation is having trouble finding jobs and buying homes. And when resources are scarce, people becoming clique-ish. They want to make sure "their" people are taken care of, and screw everyone else.

Of course, Latvia is a small country, so it could just be that it was never truly free of Russian influence.

Lion cub found by jogger in Netherlands The good news here is that this cub was found alive and healthy. Meaning that cub won't be part of some moron's personal collection, a place where a wild animal does not belong.

Same here: 'Enormous strain': 111 cats surrendered by one owner to B.C. SPCA My hat's off to that owner. I don't know the circumstances of how they found themselves with so many cats, but they've really made the best decision for those cats. Because being around so many other cats will have put a huge stress on them and it's impossible for them to have received the care they need.

Ottawa community hit by tornado comes together for Thanksgiving They're still going through something terrible, but their spirit isn't dead. And it's the community spirit that matters in times like this.
Old 10-08-2018, 10:56 AM
Fan Forum Hero

Gah the lion cub. I hate seeing him in the cage, but I love that he's safe now. He's so adorable, and I'm happy he will be safe and taken care of.

Not only does the far right want to stick together to get what they need, they're also willing to get rid of the other people, to take care of themselves. Not that anyone might not do something like that, in drastic circumstances, but, they seem to gang up. Might just be my impression though.

You're right-the cat owner did the right thing, but seriously, how long were they collecting cats before they called the SPCA? Whatever-I'm glad they did the right thing. It's very illegal to do that here. Not that people don't, there are just consequences when they are caught, because of the strain it puts on SPCA. Seriously, I can't stand people who allow their cats to just breed and breed.

It makes me feel good to hear about communities coming together that way, after a destructive storm. It's good they have each other to lean on, and share with.

Wow, a Dr. in Spain, was taking newborns, and adopting them out to people who were infertile. I can't condemn what he wanted to accomplish, but not that way. How horrific for the mother that had given birth. They ruled he couldn't be convicted, because too much time passed. https://www.bbc.com/news/world-europe-45782359

The Interpol chief who disappeared in China, was taken in, under investigation. He's being accused of taking bribes. So, it was right to say people do disappear that way, just to find out they're being held, under investigation. https://www.bbc.com/news/world-asia-china-45777681

On the good, and cute, news front: a baby koala had crawled onto a dogs back, to stay warm, and the dog let it stay there all night. https://www.sunnyskyz.com/blog/2608/...ves-Baby-Koala The baby was seen by a vet, and is being cared for, and will be released in the wild. I hope you can see the pictures. So freaking cute.

Kim

Last edited by There You'll Be; 10-08-2018 at 11:43 AM
Old 10-08-2018, 04:29 PM
Fan Forum Star

People in far-right movements or political parties are probably as ruthless as you say, Kim. I was just saying that the reason they appeal to "normal" people is that, when times are hard, even normal people start to define what they mean by who "us" is. And that's the group that people can care about. Like, it's one thing to be incredibly sad about the destruction in Indonesia, but you can't really care on a personal level when you don't know any of "them." In the same way, are Puerto Ricans part of "us" or are they a "them"?

I can sympathize with a doctor wanting to facilitate adoptions for couples who can't have children... but stealing babies is not the answer. Since he won't be prosecuted, I hope this had drawn enough attention to him for it to never happen again.

The Chinese regime being what it is, I am automatically doubting anything its government has to say about the Interpol guy taking bribes. I have no reason to know anything, but I think it's more likely he got on the wrond side of someone with the power to take him out that way. That's what happens with autocratic regimes. You stop believing they have any concept of law and justice and you start seeing personal beefs as the source of any investigation.

And how did I know that dog that "saved" the baby koala was going to be a golden retriever, huh? That was adorable. You're right.

Speaking of dogs, a cruel woman's death has resulted in freedom for the beagles she was holding in her puppy mill: Animal welfare workers save 71 beagles crammed in small home I'm not entirely what size a house would be big enough to hold that many dogs, but may she rot in hell and, also, they're free!!!

Goodbye, Columbus: holiday in decline as brutal legacy re-evaluated So what Christopher Columbus did that was so brutal would definitely be trigger-inducing, so I won't discuss it. I'm just gonna say that it's past time that holiday found a new name.
Old 10-09-2018, 04:41 AM
Fan Forum Hero

I've gotten to the point that every time a country says something, I think they're lying, or covering up having lied.

I hate to say this about a human, but, I'm thrilled those dogs are free, and I too hope she rots in hell. A hell where she's locked in a cage, and forced to breed. Truly though, I'm much more protective of animals, and I am glad they're free, and hopefully will all find loving homes.

I absolutely love that so many people are now celebrating Indigenous People's Day. Seeing the pictures of a parade in LA was awesome. I am thrilled people are out loud saying what a monster Columbus was, and valuing the people he destroyed.

A company called Virgin Galactic is saying they will be in space within weeks, not months, and will soon after start tourist space flights again. https://www.bbc.com/news/business-45796403 I don't know if I'd ever be brave enough, even if I could afford it. It's pretty interesting to me.

https://www.bbc.com/news/business-45789669 a US and China trade war could make the world poorer and more dangerous. World leaders said they need to raise living standards, improve education and reduce inequality. If the US goes through with all of it's tariffs, apparently it could cause a permanent halt to growth. I didn't realize how incredibly bad this could be. Have to wonder how it would benefit Putin, and Trump, and maybe the Chinese leaders. I mean, what's the end game?

Trump has no plans to fire Rod Rosenstein now (so he says). https://www.bbc.com/news/world-us-canada-45798245 Of course, he has no reason to now that Kavanaugh has been confirmed. At any rate, if true, it would stop a Democratic uprising. He also apologized to BK for America, the lies, the attacks on him, and all of his suffering. Pigs.

https://www.bbc.com/news/world-australia-45793262 The Australian government has unveiled a proposal to force new migrants to live outside Sydney and Melbourne. They want to force them into rural areas. Apparently, and I can kind of see this, it's messing with major cities' infrastructure, and demands on resources.

Hurricane Michael is gaining strength as it heads for Florida. https://www.ctvnews.ca/world/hurrica...rida-1.4126075 We're supposed to get high winds and a lot of rain from this one, too. Inland areas from Florida northward, seem to get a lot of that from hurricanes, no matter where they hit now. I only hope the residents of Florida are ready, in case it gets stronger yet.

Kim
Old 10-09-2018, 01:51 PM
I am a basketball genius!

Thanks for all this news. There's plenty going on lately. Trump is having lunch tomorrow with Kanye West. Trump also ran his mouth & lied about Kavanaugh being proven ''innocent''. He was not proven innocent this week. Jesus. Also Nikki Haley is resigning as U.N. Ambassador at the end of this year. Here's the story on that:

https://www.nytimes.com/2018/10/09/u...d-nations.html
Old 10-09-2018, 02:48 PM
Fan Forum Star

^ So do you think Haley is running in 2020?

I wonder if Virgin Galactic is the company Guy Laliberte used for his trip into outer space? I forget the details of that trip. I don't have that kind of money, which is probably not the worse since, if I did have that kind of money, I would never spend it on that.

We all knew that this trade war nonsense would make everyone poorer, except of course that 1% who can't do anything but make more money, so what do they care if the rest of us starve? And, yeah, considering how much access to resources is playing into the increasing radicalization of politics and the increase in conflicts worldwide, everyone will pay the price. But, again, that's what you have to expect when the decisions are made by a failed businessman who may or may not be in control of his government and, if he's not, the decisions are being made by ideocrats who think it's more important to have women pregnant and barefeet than it is for everyone to be treated equally.

The Australian landscape isn't really made for immigrants to survive away from a city centre. I know the U.S. (as a country) likes to think that no one does small-town like it does, but Australia could give it a run for its money. A lot of it is pretty darn remote. So you have to be very organized and know where your resources are to thrive in those circumstances.

Rising oceans and warmer oceans are always going to mean more, stronger and meaner hurricanes. But global warming's a total myth and when you look at winters getting so cold, you can totally tell that there's no impact on human populations, right? So why worry? [/sarcasm]

Speaking of: Australia defies climate warning to back coal Isn't that precious? It's not bad they have a hole in the ozone more or less right above them and are already the international capital of skin cancer, Australians want to prove they're so tough, they're willing to make it even worse?

South Africa's finance minister Nhlanhla Nene quits over Gupta scandal See, in South Africa, when a link is made between an elected official and people accused of bribing elected officials for influence... that elected official resigns. Isn't that a novel concept?

Brazil election: Far-right Bolsonaro 'will not soften rhetoric' No good can come of electing this guy, who thinks democracy's stupid, women can be "too ugly" to rape and gay people just weren't beaten hard enough by their parents when they were kids. The guy who used to be in charge of the army now says that his only concern is the security of his people, which sounds nice, but can you say "police state?"
Old 10-10-2018, 04:17 PM
Fan Forum Star

Edmonton Humane Society overwhelmed by requests to adopt 3 Saint Bernards

Like, 24 hours ago, the EHS posted a request on social media for help because they had these 3 massive dogs that suffered horrendous separation anxiety whenever one of them was out of sight of the other two. So they were looking for someone willing to adopt tree giant dogs who aren't as big as they could be because they've been starved.

So I just love that they've been inundated with offers. I hope all the people who don't "get" the dogs go to their local shelters with that generous spirit in mind.
Old 10-10-2018, 05:07 PM

She probably won't run for President, but perhaps something else. Considering she seems to be on good terms with Trump & he pretty much owns the Republican Party at this time her running President wouldn't end well for her I think if she expects to win that is. Same thing for any other Republican that wants to run for President in 2020.
Old 10-11-2018, 06:00 AM
Fan Forum Hero

My guess on the Nikki Haley thing is that, since she's from SC, where Lindsay Graham is from, she's expecting to move to his Senate seat, if he is moved up to the Attorney General position when Sessions is fired. That's why he's been screaming at Democratic senators, and has change to the extreme.

Just based on rumors, so far. Time will tell, because there is a lot of speculation.

for the Saint Bernards. That is just so good to hear.

Kim
Old 10-11-2018, 02:25 PM

I suppose Lindsay Graham could be lying, but he's said that he doesn't want to be a part of this administration.
Old 10-11-2018, 04:53 PM
Fan Forum Star

I have no idea what Lindsay Graham wants or doesn't want, but I do know that he's completely capable of lying his backside off. He's been doing it for as long as he's been in the Senate. I mean, everyone lies, including politicians. But someone with his level of visibility and longevity... well, there's a record of lying that's pretty public, that's all.

Have you seen the video of those three doggy brothers, Kim? Because they're precious. No wonder they first thought they were about 3 years younger than they turn out to be. They act like freaking puppies.

F-35 jets: US military grounds entire fleet It's interesting to me that the priciest program in the world's most expensive military turns out to be a lemon. Obviously, I can't imagine that anyone delivered planes knowing they had the potential to risk the lives of everyone onboard, but at the price we're talking about here... you'd think there would be more oversight. That's all.
Old 10-12-2018, 06:11 AM
Fan Forum Hero

Sunny, I didn't watch the video, till I just read that, and awww. They're great, and clearly need to be together.

Ah, oversight is "big government" and too expensive. They never learn.

The Soyuz, Russian, rocket, was headed to the International Space Station, with a Russian pilot and an American one. It's being investigated, but it will probably be re-launched in the Spring. Really? They're going to figure it out and fix it by then? What if they find serious problems? Anyway, the crew ejected, landed safely, and were recovered. https://www.bbc.com/news/world-europe-45831110

USA Today has been throttled for printing Trump's lies on health care. https://www.politicususa.com/2018/10...ealthcare.html I should have always known to check multiple sources, but USA Today was one I considered pretty reliable. I haven't read the article in USA Today.

Posting this in case there are any US voters reading-here's how to check to make sure your vote is counted. https://www.truthdig.com/articles/he...perly-counted/ Meanwhile, suppression is going on all over the US.

Kim
Old 10-12-2018, 12:07 PM
Fan Forum Hero

I heard about the rocket So glad they landed safely.

Wish I could help out with the voting!

avi by neel luvs tony
Closed Thread   Post New Thread