Fan Forum
Remember Me?
Register

Request a Forum   |     View New Forums

Closed Thread   Post New Thread

Old 06-21-2018, 12:49 PM
Fan Forum Hero

Sunny, thanks for explaining what's what in the criminal regard, at the federal level

Marijuana never really did anything for me, the few times I tried it. Mostly I'd torture my friends who all became paranoid from it. That way my fun of it.

For pain, I wonder if medicinal marijuana is an option for me. I'll have to check with my Dr. in July. Leanne, that sounds interesting. I don't know the differences between different types of marijuana products.

Yep, a trade war is going to be ugly for us.

https://www.bbc.com/news/world-middle-east-44560264Netanyahu's wife has been charged with fraud, for misusing $100,000. She used it for catering at their private residence. She is also charged with lying to police officers, by saying she'd done nothing wrong. She had caterers come into the residence, while they employ a full time took at the residence-they are not allowed both.

Kim
Old 06-21-2018, 12:59 PM
Fan Forum Hero

Yeah, Kim, that is worth asking about to the Doctor, its natural pain killer, so I've heard. And I think you'd have a case for it! And mention using CBD oil if they have concern cause that's the version without THC (the component that causes being high)
Old 06-21-2018, 05:38 PM
Fan Forum Star

I vaguely remember the Netenyahus gave a televised interview that made a scandal because the wife was nonstop moaning about the "dump" they had to live in and how the food was terrible and yet they had all these luxurious things in their apartment... Meanwhile, there was an economic crisis in Israel. Anyway, that's what I thought of when I heard that she'd been charged with fraud, or what we would call embezzlement.

Is it so hard for elected officials to stick to a budget? It's not like the salary they get paid is terrible, you know. And they already do get a lot of perks with the job, why do they need to go after not-so-legitimate ones as well?

Meanwhile, Trump continues to be predictable: Trump scraps Obama policy on protecting oceans, Great Lakes I swear, nothing gets him moving faster than dismantling anything Obama accomplished. It's so pathetic.

But there is also good news to be had: Father saves son from burning race car
Old 06-22-2018, 01:53 PM
Fan Forum Hero

I think they think they're special, and should be rewarded so much more than their salary. This administration seems to love flying first class, whenever they get the urge to go anywhere. Then we have Scott Pruitt, head of the EPA, who is worse than the rest. He feels he's in danger. Maybe if he would stop killing the environment, he wouldn't feel so paranoid. Or the need for a dozen pens that cost over $1000.

Do you guys have officials doing that? I'm not too up on your government.

Yeah, there is the Obama name attached to it, so it has to go. He's so jealous. Might as well go ahead and kill all our ocean/water life, since we're now allowed to poison our drinking water, and inhale smog again.

That is awesome. It's great to see a father so protective of his child. Of course NASCAR is going to penalize him. It's how they roll. Ridiculous. I get safety, but ALL of the cars were stopped already.

You guys are being warned to watch out for giant hogweed, that is blooming right now. It can cause many serious problems, including blindness. It has been found in Quebec, Ontario, BC, including cities like Toronto and Ottawa. https://www.ctvnews.ca/health/canadi...inds-1.3985060

ETA-So, the government is planning to revamp the government (who couldn't see that coming) https://www.washingtonpost.com/polit...=.04573ac325b8

Kim

Last edited by There You'll Be; 06-22-2018 at 10:32 PM
Old 06-23-2018, 01:13 PM
Fan Forum Star

The Netenyahus definitely believe they're special, alright. They're better than everyone else, apparently, that's why they get to embezzle everyone's money. I hate people who have that kind of attitude.

We certainly have officials who do that here as well. There have been trials to hold some of them accountable. It's part of why the Conservatives (under Stephe Harper) got to hang on to power for 10 years, I think. Before they took power that first time, the Liberals (Justin Trudeau's party) had had a massive spending scandal. People getting reimbursed for travel expenses because they claimed to live much further away from parliament than they did, expensing things that had nothing to do with their jobs, etc. I think it's a problem wherever you have people who get too comfortable with having access to power and money.

I have heard about that hogweed thing. Usually, things like that don't really affect me. They stick to more rural areas or at least places closer to forest and waterways. So I hope that continues to be true.

Trump is treating government like it's a company. It doesn't work that way, but that's obviously not stopping him from pretending it does. Hopefully, it doesn't affect too many people in the real world.
Old 06-25-2018, 12:55 PM
I am a basketball genius!

Supreme Court Won’t Hear Case Of Anti-Gay Ma

Guess we shouldn't be surprised they would duck out of making this decision.

Sarah Sanders says she was thrown out of Virginia restaurant because she works for Trump

Trump also said The Red Hen is ''disgusting''. I wonder if they did Sanders a favor by kicking her out then.
Old 06-25-2018, 03:31 PM
Fan Forum Star

SCOTUS has turned pretty gutless under this gutless adminsitration.

I wonder if Sarah Sanders had the presence of mind to make the connection between "thrown out" of a restaurant and thousdans of children being ripped away from their parents because of who they are.

Meanwhile, her supporters have taken the high road and acted like mature adults: Ontario eatery targeted online by Sarah Sanders supporters.

Quote:
“Hope you go out of business you liberal trash. Clean up this dump,” commented Thomas Collins, whose Facebook profile indicates that he lives in Maryland, on Sunday.

“I wonder how long before the Red Hen slop house folds and goes bankrupt?,” wrote Albert Holland.

“Shame on you,” wrote Connie Szczepanik. “Bigots and hypocrites!”

The case of mistaken identity did not go unnoticed by a number of users who rushed to advise others that they are directing their comments at an unrelated Canadian business.
Why let facts get in the way of righteous outrage, right?
Old 06-26-2018, 02:58 PM

Here's a link to a story about how odd it is that the D.P.R.K. is on this U.S. Travel ban list after Trump & Kim just had a summit together. Wow. Also I don't think that many people from that country are trying to get into the U.S. It's quite difficult if they are though. They would have to get a South Korean passport for 1. I disagree with travel bans in general. I think most adults are capable of deciding for themselves which countries they want to visit if allowed by said countries. This ruling isn't surprising with Republicans have the majority in our Supreme Court.

https://www.vox.com/2018/6/26/175064...th-korea-trump

People are outraged about Maxine Waters wanting others to harass Trump cabinet members in response to what Trump is doing to migrants. He wants to have them deported without trials for an example. I did hear what she said. She did not specifically say to commit acts of violence which is what Trump has told his supporters to do in the past. Some people want her put in jail for saying what she did, but of course they wanted Hillary Clinton put in jail also without trial, which just isn't how this country works.
Old 06-26-2018, 04:25 PM
Fan Forum Star

Ah, a change of topic then.

Travel bans are stupid. They ban people from "enemy countries" and let in people with domestic-violence or war-crime records. So it's clearly 100% about prejudice and xenophobia and completely not about making anyone anywhere safe. Besides, most terrorists who attack any given country are homegrown. So, really, travel bans don't even work.

As for Maxine Waters, what she said did make the international news. So I can tell you that she very specifically went out of her way to encourage peaceful resistance, a la Civil Rights struggle. But trust this administration to subvert her message and make it sound like she advocated anything remotely more violent than civil disobedience.
Old 06-26-2018, 06:17 PM
Fan Forum Hero

Thanks, Sunny, for giving me some insight into kinds of corruption in Canadian government. I read Trudeau got fined $100. for not declaring a pair of sunglasses that were a gift.

SHS is a piece of work. She got on her official WH twitter account, to try to sabotage the business of that Red Hen restaurant. Illegal. Not that laws matter any more. Still, petty, all because the liar got her feelings hurt.

The Muslim ban (let's call it what it really is-what it was advertised by Trump as) is outrageous. If Mitch McConnell hadn't blocked Merrick Garland's appointment to the Supreme Court (after promising 8 years of blocking, regarding Obama) this wouldn't have happened. They just gave the OK to everyone in the US to have their religion, their gender, their sexual life, etc. punished.

We are SO far gone at this point.

Given that no Muslims have attacked the US, as the terrorists they supposedly all are. in the past 18 months waiting for this to pass, shows they are NO threat. The terror violence in this country is shooting up concerts, and schools.

Paul Ryan called for Maxine Water's resignation today. You know, cause, peace. Unlike Trump who said if Hillary was elected and nominated judges, the 2nd Amendment could be used to stop her.

Kim
Old 06-27-2018, 12:57 PM

Speaking of the U.S. Supreme Court. Here's some news: Supreme Court Associate Justice Anthony Kennedy retires

I hadn't even paid much attention to the Supreme Court until President Trump came into office, but apparently Kennedy was considered a ''swing voter''. It's just another chance for Trump to nominate another strong conservative. Kennedy is in his 80's & was appointed by the late President Jerry Ford in 1975.

U.S. Supreme Court Scraps Worker Fees, Dealing Blow To Public-Sector Labor Unions
Old 06-27-2018, 03:56 PM
Fan Forum Hero

Well, hey, living The Handmaid's Tale shouldn't be too terrible, right?

McConnell blocked Obama's SCOTUS pick, Merrick Garland, saying the new elections should happen first. Guess what happened-the GOP were able to block Garland. Now, we're stuck with conservative Gorsuch, and next, McConnell wants the new SCOTUS installed before the next elections.

Trump should not be allowed to appoint any SCOTUS while under Federal investigation. Also, Gorsuch should be undone. Will that happen, of course not. The Koch brothers are already offering $1million to those who will be going for the SCOTUS position

I knew it would be bad, I just didn't know it would get this bad, this fast.

For every small victory, there is a huge smackdown back.

Kim
Old 06-27-2018, 05:13 PM
Fan Forum Star

Well, Canada fares pretty well in The Handmaid's Tale, so...

Kim, the spending scandals we had hear went far above the non-disclosure of a gift and a $100 fine. I mean, it unseated one, possibly two governments. Because that's how the Conservatives seized power, but it's certainly something that was happening when Justin Trudeau lead the Liberals back to a majority.

Only in the United States would a Justice Kennedy be considered a swing voter. I mean, it is what he was considered as, but it's such a joke. He's just a bit more centre-leaning than the other conservatives on the bench, but he remains a true-blue conservative.

The Muslim ban is ludicrous. A former UN leader was barred from entering the United States because he'd visited Iran at some point before that. How does that even make sense?

The only good side of Trump getting to pick a second SCOTUS judge is that he's likely to pick an old white guy (assuming he won't be allowed to elect his sister, we he joked about doing when he was running). So that guy will hopefully not last long.
Old 06-27-2018, 11:53 PM
Fan Forum Hero

I've never seen it, but I'm happy you'll be spared.

Thanks. I don't know why I always assume other governments are much more perfect than we are.

Justice Kennedy voted yes on the Muslim ban, yesterday. It makes me wonder what is really going on. I do know his kid, and Don Jr. are really good friends. I also know he worked for Deutch bank (spelled wrong) where Trump, and the Russians, funneled their money through. So, more slime, and more corruption. He could have stopped the Muslim ban yesterday.

It's really disturbing to me that a Russian, on the sanctions list and not supposed to be in the country, was quietly slipped in, to hang out in the Oval Office, but yeah, Muslims are the problem. That is outrageous that a UN leader was banned.

Trump is insisting he needs a Supreme court Justice that will be there for 40-45 years. That's what worries me. They want to get rid of Roe vs. Wade. https://www.whitehouse.gov/briefings...me-court-list/

Okay, this disturbs me. France's Macron wants all 16 year olds, boys and girls to have to be in the National service. They will have 2 phases-one month for civic service. One to
Quote:
The second phase is a voluntary placement of at least three months and up to a year, in which young people will be encouraged to serve "in an area linked to defence and security" - but again, they could opt to carry out volunteer work linked to heritage, the environment or social care.
I can see the social services, but the defense and security, that's what worries me. The second phase is a voluntary placement of at least three months and up to a year, in which young people will be encouraged to serve "in an area linked to defence and security" - but again, they could opt to carry out volunteer work linked to heritage, the environment or social care. I guess time will tell.

Fox entertainment and Disney merger has been approved, but they have to sell off their sports networks. Actually, that really works for me, because I feel bad for giving them ratings, watching racing. https://www.bbc.com/news/business-44633483 They want to create their own streaming service, to compete with Netflix.

Kim
Old 06-28-2018, 04:43 PM
Fan Forum Star

POTUS can say whatever he wants about picking a Justice that will last that long, he'd need to make that choice very quickly if he's counting on the GOP rubber stamp. Not to mention that I can't imagine it's so easy finding the right candidate with the right amount of experience who will have that age. Especially if you're looking for racist right-wingers.

France has long had a version of military service, Kim. Like, my friends who are my age all went through that. I don't know when it stopped, but it's not anything new. And it's not military service in the Israeli way where you have to be in the army. It can be civil service, too. You get to choose. And, honestly, I'm not sure that's such a terrible thing. I mean, that's easy enough for me to say since I didn't have to go through that. But none of my friends seem to hold a grudge over theirs and, I don't know... mandatory civil service seems like a not-very terrible thing to me.

But the thing that most caught my attention today was this: Harper blindsides Trudeau PMO, plans visit to White House OMG, go away, you ginormous butthole!!! What are you doing? We got rid of you. You don't work for us anymore. Stop sabotaging this country!!!
Closed Thread   Post New Thread