Fan Forum
Remember Me?
Register

Request a Forum   |     View New Forums

Closed Thread   Post New Thread

Tags Thread Tools
Old 04-19-2018, 06:42 AM
Fan Forum Hero

I feel the same as you about Stephon, Sunny. I also have to wonder though, why there was such a huge response of officers to the scene, for someone breaking windows to break into cars. If he wasn't unconscious, every single one of those officers needs to go-no question about it. I can't forgive them if they ignored him if he was showing any signs of life. Like you said, God forgive them if that was the case.

Those men in Kansas, I hope, too, that they spend their lives in prison-as well as meet new and interesting men, who are bigger and stronger than they are.

Eh, Barbara Bush disliked Trump immensely, as well as Melania. Right or not on her part, he was awful to her family.

There are people who are going to hate. If it were a different person in the public eye who died, I might be equally heartless, so I can't judge.

A woman, in 2015, threw acid on her boyfriend, and he was granted permission to be euthanized. I had zero idea that anywhere in the world did legal euthanizing for people. Acid attack murder trial: Victim 'driven to euthanasia' - BBC News

Kim
Old 04-19-2018, 05:06 PM
Fan Forum Star

Barbara Bush was a fan of her son, though. I mean, it feels wrong to pick on someone who's no longer with us, so I'll let it go. I'm just saying that none of us are saints.
Those men in Kansas should have remembered that instead of planning mass murder.

We have what we call the right to a medically-assisted death here in Quebec, Kim. Probably in all of Canada as well, but I've only seen local cases on the news, so I'm not 100% sure. It's not as easy as raising your hand and asking to be put to death. There are all kinds of loops to go through. You have to suffer from a condition that will not improve and is officially in the stages where it's heading towards the end. You have to see both physical and psychological doctors.

I mean, they're working on loosening the rules a bit. For instance, you have to be a legal adult right now to obtain this right, but 16-year-olds have fatal illnesses, too. And they're old enough to decide for themselves.

I have to say that, in this province anyway, it's not as taboo as you might thing. I don't know if it's because most of our grandparents were raised on farms, but there is a strong notion that, when it's time to go, it's time to go. And everyone deserves the right to decide when that time is for themselves.

Also, my mother's a retired nurse, and you'd be surprised to hear of how much help dying patients can have towards the end. It's not necessarily outright eutanisia, of course. But, of instance, morphine slows your heart and lungs. Age also does that. So, if you have an elderly person who is dying of something that's causing them a lot of pain, the very thing they need to feel well will lead to their death.
Old 04-20-2018, 12:18 PM
Fan Forum Hero

That's not a wrong point about her.

Those men in Kansas were filled with hate, for people who were simply different than them. I will never understand that.

Yeah, they said he had to go through a lot to receive that right, where he was from. I would really hope they would loosen the rules. A 16 year old has the right just as much as an adult. The 16 year old also is mature enough to know what is happening to them, and to be able to express themselves.

I don't believe there should be one bit of taboo concerning the right to die in these cases. If medical and psychological tests have been done, everyone should have that right. If they'd had that here, there wouldn't be people in jail for helping with assisted suicides. The people who wanted to die, could have gone through the process, and the one who had to make the awful choice to help them wouldn't have been put through the trauma of dealing with it for the rest of their lives.

I'm not saying that assisted suicides are always that case, but, it would have made a world of difference. It would...just, it would have made a difference. Not only that, it would have made the person dying physically comfortable. Just my thoughts anyway.

One student was injured in yet another school shooting at a high school in Florida. https://www.cbsnews.com/news/ocala-f...ay-2018-04-20/

I've never heard of Eta, or what they were doing. They've apologized for their attacks of killing over 800 people during a 40 year period Basque group Eta apology criticised by victims - BBC News

Kim
Old 04-21-2018, 07:07 AM
Fan Forum Star

The thing with having people who want a doctor's assistance with dying is that, as I said, they have to meet with all kinds of doctors before it's granted. So the age of the person shouldn't be an issue, since surely any of those psychologists and medical doctors would be able to tell if the person is under duress from family or is "just" depressed, you know?

We'll see what happens on that front.

Meanwhile, I read that students all over the United States walked out yesterday: National School Walkout: US students mark Columbine anniversary

I'm so proud of them for not giving up, for sticking with their argument. They're publishing a book, too, which I'm looking forward to buying and reading.
Old 04-22-2018, 06:23 AM
Fan Forum Hero

I hope they figure some way to make it available for younger people.

I'm proud of these students, too. I hope they continue to stick with this-and not be forgotten. I have to admit, I was worried that would make a large group of targets, and I'm so happy that didn't happen.

Voter registration is on a large upswing, which I find encouraging. They seem determined to make a huge difference. I didn't know they were writing a book-so thanks for linking that.

In Kabul, Afghanistan 52 who were there to get ID's, and register to vote, were killed https://www.nytimes.com/2018/04/22/w...T.nav=top-news

https://www.nytimes.com/2018/04/21/w...ear-tests.html I'm not sure, at this point, what good the NK words of Kim are, when they're already done testing. Also, their main test site has crumbled from the tests, so I'm not sure what's real and what isn't.

Kim
Old 04-22-2018, 01:46 PM
Fan Forum Star

Involving the younger generation in election is key, I feel, to tackling the gun issue. Of course, the younger generation is also split on how they see that who situation progress. There are plenty of them who are ready for gun control, but there are also plenty of kids who think more guns will help.

What happened in Kabul just shows you how important, and dangerous to radicals, the right to vote is. THat's why they go after situations like that voting registration event. That's why it's so important that everyone who can, wherever they live, register to vote and excercise that right to vote.

Kin Jun-un isn't reliable, but then neither is Trump. He said that NK has promise to deneuclearize... it didn't. Remember, much as he's threatening to the rest of us, Kim Jun-un is actually is a sorta vulnerable position himself. He's only in control as long as he convinces everyone around him that there's a bigger monster out there.

Meanwhile: 2 Filipinos accused of helping maids escape Kuwait City bosses So their crime, or what they're accused of anyway, is that they allegedly convinced domestic workers to run away from their employers. In other words, they convinced people treated as slaves to walk away from the abuse. Because, let's face it, it's not a crime to quit a job, or to convince a person to quit their job. But why would anyone walk away from a job, ever, if they were happy and felt they were well-treated in that job?
Old 04-23-2018, 05:42 AM
Fan Forum Hero

I guess any movement is going to be divided.

Yeah, Trump is in way over his head on North Korea. He's going in there understanding nothing. Deneuclearization is something completely different in Kim's eyes, and Trump won't know what he is agreeing to. I wonder if Kim can maintain control by saying "See, I beat them. I protected you. We now have power." or something similar.

Thanks for the link to that story. Nothing like not using logic in charging people with crimes. Looking out for other people is illegal. That's insanity.

ISIS has said it is going after Arab nations now, turning against the Sunnis as well https://www.nytimes.com/2018/04/22/w...pgtype=article Supposedly they are putting Russia, Britain, and the US on hold, for now.

There was a shooting in Tennessee, involving a mostly naked man with an AR-15 (not surprising on the gun) that killed 4 people in a Waffle House, before a man stopped him Nashville Waffle House: James Shaw denies heroism - BBC News Trump hasn't said a word about it-but you can bet if it was an African American doing the shooting, instead of the other way around, he would be screaming about it. The shooter had links to a white supremecist group.

ETA-a man in Toronto drove a van down a sidewalk, running over many pedestrians and killing several. Witnesses say he was traveling at a high rate of speed, and appeared in control of the van. The suspect is in custody. https://www.cnn.com/2018/04/23/world...ans/index.html

Kim

Last edited by There You'll Be; 04-23-2018 at 02:04 PM
Old 04-23-2018, 03:57 PM
I am a basketball genius!

Don't know how anyone can prevent that tragedy in Toronto.
Old 04-23-2018, 04:02 PM
Fan Forum Star

Yeah, it seems what happened in Toronto was quite deliberate. It's completely horrifying. I've been to Toronto all of twice and was astounded at how much respect pedestrians received from drivers both times. Now, maybe it was just a random thing, but the fact that this guy deliberately drove unto the sidewalks? That's chilling. It's a city where you don't expect that to happen. At all. And Young Street is smack downtown, too. So even midday, it would have been packed with people.

They caught the Waffle House shooter: Suspected Waffle House gunman arrested in woods in Nashville So, this man had known mental health issue and was arrested last year for breaking into a restricted area of the White House lawn. His firearms were then seized... and given to his father for safekeeping. Are we surprised that they got back into his hands in under 12 months? They're not even trying, are they? So the mental health thing is a smokescreen since even that didn't motivate law enforcement to permanently remove his access to firearms.

You know, Daesh ("ISIS") began its insanity with Arab nations. A bad Muslim is worse than an infidel when you're aiming for radicalism. Besides, they're not particularly fond of their own. They just want control, money, power, etc. This is not an ideology where nationality means anything.
Old 04-24-2018, 06:52 AM
Fan Forum Star

Apparently, the worldwide media is fascinated by the fact that Toronto police arrested the suspect without a hail of bullets being showered upon him. There's a U.S. professor being quoted as saying the police had a "duty" to kill this guy because he had just caused the death of so many people.

Me? I'm with her:

In case the image doesn't show: https://twitter.com/NoLore/status/98..._site=BBCWorld
Old 04-24-2018, 08:43 AM
Fan Forum Hero

Of course the professor believes that. Don't you know that's how the police are supposed to react? With revenge in mind? With the same disregard for human life that the killer showed? That's the way things are supposed to be-according to people in the US. Thanks for the link. I'd seen things on Twitter by people saying the police should have killed him.

I'm wondering how the man in the Waffle House murders got away without being shot in a hail of bullets? Maybe because he's white, and only massacred African Americans? Because he wasn't holding a cell phone in his hands?

I am so mad over all of this. They are disgusting-behaving as if because they're the police they just have a choice in who deserves to live and die?

It truly makes my BP go up.

George H.W. Bush has been hospitalized, since the day after Barbara's funeral. He seems to be recovering though, from an infection is his blood. He says he's eager to get home. https://www.nytimes.com/2018/04/23/u...-hospital.html After 73 years of marriage, I can't help but wonder if he will.

Kim
Old 04-24-2018, 04:25 PM
Fan Forum Star

The juxtaposition of the guy in Toronto and the Waffle House guy capture is pretty ironic, because the Waffle House guy was definitely armed when they found him. And he also wasn't killed by cops. No clue if his race had anything to do with it, but the point remains the same. Not all cops shoot to kill all the time. Which is good. Because, again, they're not judge, jury and executioner. That is not their job.

Now, if they're legitimately being threatened, I have no problem with cops using deadly force to defend themselves. But the point is that it'd be nice for them to be able to tell the difference between being threatened and being afraid or high on adrenaline.

Yeah, my grandparents were together a long time, though not as long as the Bushes mind you, and theirs wasn't necessarily a perfect union either. Yet, when she died, he followed her three weeks later. Mind you, there comes a point where you're at that age... and, if your health isn't good, which his clearly isn't... I mean, I'm not into wishing anyone dead, but the point is that he's had a good long life and he can rest in peace, you know, should that be what's happening next for him.
Old 04-25-2018, 10:30 AM
Fan Forum Hero

That is a good point. They don't all shoot to kill. They all don't believe they have the right to shoot to kill, despite circumstances. I wouldn't want to be a cop-to have those moments in my hands. There are a lot of good ones out there-many more than the bad ones. It's just the good ones don't get the press-as usual.

Being with someone for that long-it leaves a huge empty place. I understand what you're saying, and I agree. He's had a good life, and a long life, and like her, he seemed to have lived it well.

The North Korean nuclear test site, that had collapsed and killed over 200, my be putting out a lot of radiation. https://www.aljazeera.com/news/2018/...130133169.html That's been my speculation all along as to why Kim Jong Un has stopped all nuclear testing.

ETA-Police believe they have the Golden State killer in custody. http://www.latimes.com/local/lanow/l...425-story.html

Kim

Last edited by There You'll Be; 04-25-2018 at 12:02 PM
Old 04-25-2018, 02:57 PM
Fan Forum Star

When police kill an unarmed person, it really harms the police a whole lot. I was gonna say "first and foremost," but then remembered that no one has it worse than the dead person. But, as you say, most police do great work and don't shoot to kill. Most police are there to try and help. They're just given a bad name by all those who either make a genuine error or don't really care either way.

As George H. W. Bush shows us, death in and of itself isn't a tragedy. It's a part of life. The tragedy is when a life ends before it should. That's the tragedy.

I think that you didn't post online your speculation about why North Korea would agree to back away from nuclear. Or I missed. it. Either way, good job, you! Amazing insight. You're so right, too. If they could continue developing weapons, they would. Of course, that means they'll start again at some point down the line.

And did you see that the Golden State Killer is probably a former cop? That makes it sound like he retired when what really happened is that he was fired when he was caught shoplifting. Still... Yikes!
Old 04-26-2018, 09:33 AM
Fan Forum Hero

Like you've always said-the press covers what gets them the most viewers. I can't help but hope one day there will be at least some time to cover good news stories-good police stories, good everyday hero stories in the media...

I did see that about the Golden State Killer. It makes me happy that justice will be served, even if he doesn't live long enough to see much of it. 3 decades-you know he thought he would never be caught at that point.

I have to say-it's good news for me to not be finding links to any triggering articles today.

Bill Cosby found guilty on all 3 charges http://www.bbc.com/news/world-us-canada-43915033

ETA-AP reporting this
Quote:
BREAKING: Bill Cosby lashes out at prosecutor in expletive-laden tirade in courtroom after conviction in sexual assault retrial.

Kim

Last edited by There You'll Be; 04-26-2018 at 01:08 PM
Closed Thread   Post New Thread