Fan Forum
Remember Me?
Register

Request a Forum   |     View New Forums

Closed Thread   Post New Thread

Tags Thread Tools
Old 10-31-2017, 12:56 PM
Fan Forum Hero

Medical marijuana would really help you if you have such bad pain all the time. It helps me loads with different things.
Old 10-31-2017, 01:10 PM
Fan Forum Hero

Thanks Chris. I will definitely talk to my Dr. when I go back in 3 weeks. I'm glad it helps you.

Horrible news here-a truck, in Manhattan, just mowed down bicyclists on a bike path, and there might have been a shooting. Not sure how many are dead, yet.

https://apnews.com/aa83dfe6157f4214a...&utm_medium=AP

Kim
Old 10-31-2017, 01:11 PM
I am a basketball genius!

Up to 200 killed in North Korean nuclear test site collapse: report
Old 10-31-2017, 01:20 PM
Fan Forum Hero

Yeah-I saw that this morning. Not that NK has ever been concerned with their citizens.

So far, 6 dead in Manhattan, and it was an intentional act. Don't know yet if it's a terrorist attack.

Kim

Last edited by There You'll Be; 10-31-2017 at 01:29 PM
Old 10-31-2017, 01:21 PM
I am a basketball genius!

6 dead because of what?
Old 10-31-2017, 01:28 PM
Fan Forum Hero

Sorry for the confusion.

It's in my post above yours, in downtown Manhattan. It's just happened-a truck running down a bike path running people down, and then shooting once he got out of the truck. They're not sure if it was a real gun/guns.

Downtown Manhattan is completely covered by cameras, so, they will find most of the answers.

Of course, details are still coming in, obviously.

Kim
Old 10-31-2017, 02:40 PM
Fan Forum Star

News is now calling it a terrorist attack

so trucks and pedestrians and bicyclist are the targets now... this world is seriously up

The worst thing in your life may just contain the seeds for the best things to begin to grow.
Old 10-31-2017, 02:48 PM
Fan Forum Hero

I'm glad they caught this terrible person while he was alive so he couldn't hurt more people.
Old 10-31-2017, 03:14 PM
Fan Forum Star

This is hardly a new method, though. In Europe, this has become downright cliche. Remember Nice, Stockholm, Berlin, London a couple of time, Barcelona... We had the same happen here (in Edmonton) the same weekend you all had that shooting in Las Vegas.

I'm glad they caught the guy alive so that he may live the consequences of his actions.
Old 10-31-2017, 03:19 PM
Fan Forum Star

apparently he is from Tampa, that's what our local coverage is now focused on .
Sunny that's what I meant, seems more and that's the method of choice.

The worst thing in your life may just contain the seeds for the best things to begin to grow.
Old 10-31-2017, 03:53 PM
Fan Forum Star

Timothy McVeigh used a truck to kill. I mean, he had boms in his truck, but that was terrorism and the truck was essential to it.

I don't know... I don't have a list, but it doesn't seem to be more and more the case to me. What I find is happening more and more is the labelling it terrorism. And I get where that comes from. Obviously, a large vehicle going up against pedestrians and cyclists will cause terror for those in the vicinity.

But I'm not sure if that's a wise move. The losers who use those means... doesn't it sorta legitimize that we'll call it what they want? It's a crime. It's a mass murder. It's nothing good, obviously.

I'm just starting to wonder about the role we play in all of this ("we" meaning society at large, not "we" here), by naming the creep over and over again, spending hours upon hours talking about all the details of it all over the news, by connecting these cowardly acts with world-famous organizations of evil.

25 years ago, one loser drove a truck into a federal building to start a war with government. 16 years ago, 19 losers hikacked planes to start a war with the West. Today, it was a guy with a truck...

At the end of the day, none of them succeed. But if we keep treating them like they're worthy of our attention only after the fact, then aren't we setting up a situation where we're motivating more to act?

Obviously, I don't really know the answer here. These are just things I've been pondering.
Old 10-31-2017, 04:21 PM
Fan Forum Hero

I see where you're coming from Sunny, and I have to agree with you.

They're trying to create terror, and gain power by creating terror. Giving them the news coverage, as you said repeating the same details over and over, just gives them the power they want.

It also makes us afraid, but also I think we almost become numb to it, accepting it as the norm of how things are now.

I realize that has become part of the norm, but the rest of us have to be better than them. Not let them win.

I don't know. I'm probably not making any sense.

Edited-So, this morning, instead of tweeting fake condolences to the families, he's attacking Muslims. Also, he's blaming a Jewish politician from NY for allowing it to happen. Mind you, that politician has supported tighter immigration laws. All the while screaming "NOT IN THE USA". All of this on Twitter, of course. Calls for more Extreme Vetting, that political correctness is fine, but not when it comes to this.

So, blaming, and creating division. His typical antics. Oh, and pushing tax reform. So, it's time to talk about all of this, but is still too soon after Las Vegas to talk gun control.

I don't care who you are, what color or religion you are, or what your cause/excuse may be-you can't call one a terrorist, and not the others.

They're also pushing through a vote on abortions after 6 weeks today, and yesterday cancelled a senate hearing on the ACTUAL death tolls in Puerto Rico.

Kim

Last edited by There You'll Be; 11-01-2017 at 09:08 AM
Old 11-01-2017, 04:12 PM
Fan Forum Star

Mostly, I think it's a cheap tactic for TV media to get viewers. A terrorism attack will give you great ratings... So they exploit it and exploit it. But I'm not sure that's a wise move. Because all that attention given to one loser might be just what another loser is looking for. And that may be all they're looking for.

I would honestly be curious to learn how much of any given terror attack is motivated by any sort of "cause" or ideology or objective of any kind... and how much is motivated by a combination of "my life is going nowhere" and/or "I'm angry" and/or "might as well go out with a bang."

I saw that Trump made a lot of noise about Chuck Schumer supporting a law that framed one form of immigration. I also saw that the specific loser that committed this latest heinous act arrived in the United States in 2010.

So either something happened during that time to change him or that was one heck of a long con that he was pulling. Which means that putting limits on immigration wouldn't have worked here. Because he moved to the States in an era when immigration has not been a simple matter as arrived to the country.

And, let's face it, he's obviously someone who belongs either behind bars or in a very padded cell. But if you take any sample of human beings, you're going to have a number of losers and criminals in there.

For instance, did you see that some guy walked into his kid's school this week and held up a classroom? He let the kids go, but he held a teacher hostage for 7 hours. This happened in California. The police moved in and shot him (he was declared dead at the hospital), so who knows what that all was about. And this guy probably wasn't born outside the United States, since Trump isn't tweeting about him.
Old 11-02-2017, 11:43 AM
Fan Forum Hero

I agree with that 100% Sunny. I think it's inspiring others, for whatever their cause is, or just to get attention, to do the same.

I wonder why they do it, too. If it's just because their like sucks; that they want to punish others for being happy; they're mentally ill (which I think most of them are); or if they actually believe they're advancing a cause.

Somehow Trump won't be responsible. He thinks the death penalty needs to be very active again, today. Or, send him to Guantanamo Bay. Without a trial, of course. Because, according to him, the legal system is a laughingstock and a joke.

I just can't hate a race/religion for the act of one man. I do agree with you, he obviously belongs in jail. But, like anyone, I think he deserves a fair trial.

I did see that. I never did see anything on why he did it. I guess, unless he talked to someone, or left a note, we'll never know.

There was a shooting in a Colorado Walmart last night https://www.usatoday.com/story/news/...ing/824384001/

Kim
Old 11-02-2017, 04:46 PM
Fan Forum Star

Here's the thing. If you look at the impact the United States has on the world at large, it's not all good. So, for sure, there is a way to look at the impact of the United States in the world and come away with the idea that it's a bad impact. That the United States is not a force for good.

To do that, you have to ignore a lot of the good things the United States does. You also have to ignore the alternative, ie what the world would look like if Russia or China was the most powerful country on this planet. And, for most of us, those aren't small things to ignore at all.

But look at how uneducated most of us are. Is it that hard to believe that someone who's already angry at the world or who's feeling like their life doesn't have the meaning it should have, can get convinced to focus on the bad and ignore the good? And is it that hard to believe that, of all of the people who wish to leave their mark on the world, some of them can be convinced that a cowardly criminal act of mass murder will be the way they can change the world?

For me, it's impossible to quite get around the part where you have to kill people to make your mark. But who knows what another person will feel?

I saw about the Colorado shooting. Honestly, I have to try very hard to let the whole gun issues go. Because I will never understand why guns are so easily allowed in your country. Did you see the BBC article on Delaware today? In short, it talks about how shotguns are so easily obtainable in Delaware, but regulations around the buying, selling and using of fireworks are extremely severe. To me, that makes no sense.
Closed Thread   Post New Thread