Fan Forum
Remember Me?
Register

Request a Forum   |     View New Forums

Closed Thread   Post New Thread

Tags Thread Tools
Old 10-02-2017, 06:50 AM
Fan Forum Hero

I so agree with that. There is no way to do gun control at this point. There was never a logical point to allow everyone to own guns, when, as you said, they're behaving as if they are more important than human beings.

ETA-I just don't even know how to comprehend that kind of hate, much less how people deal with the fear and loss they're suffering.

Kim

Last edited by There You'll Be; 10-02-2017 at 07:43 AM
Old 10-02-2017, 07:22 AM
Fan Forum Hero

So sorry for anyone caught up with the mass shootings. Speaking from a country with strict gun laws, it seems to me that this will happen over and over in the States, and people will keep dying, but no one will ever do anything about it. It makes me so sad.
Old 10-02-2017, 08:50 AM
Fan Forum Star

And, of course, since it's the worst mass shooting in U.S. modern history (replacing the one at the Pulse nightclub), Daesh has claimed credit for it, saying the shooter was an Islamic soldier. If that turns out to be true, it seems that his whole family will be in shock, so it just goes to show how we need to be careful before we take the word of a terrorist organization over that of law-abiding citizens.

As for the need for actual gun control, that much seems obvious to anyone outside the United States. But, as somone who's lived near to the United States for decades on end, I'm here to tell you that, if anything, we're moving away from the possibility of that ever happening. To wit, gun sales are reportedly going up today.

Soon, we'll hear from the NRA saying that, "if only more people in that audience had guns..." Nevermind that on-duty and off-duty cops are among the victims and that several people who were there have plainly stated that they "tried to help," using their own firearms, which they had. More guns doesn't help. It never helps. It hasn't ever helped.

But, at some point, how do you argue with a government that thinks Puerto Rico ought to stop whining about a humanitarian crisis and the "real danger" is North Korea?
Old 10-02-2017, 11:49 AM
Fan Forum Hero

I definitely agree-more guns doesn't solve anything. Ever. It just makes things worse and worse.

I don't even know how to process the horror of what happened. I can't watch the videos, or the news, for the first hand accounts.

I didn't know that sales were going up. I don't understand the mentality of "I'm going to get a gun to protect myself from people who have guns".

Kim
Old 10-02-2017, 12:33 PM
Fan Forum Legend

Moderator of ...
Star Trek
Robert Carlyle

Quote:
Originally Posted by morgonrodnad (View Post)
However I do think this would never had happened if US didn't have the stupid rule that everyone can own guns. And even if they changed the rule now, it will be to late as so many will keep their gun in secret/hiding, because their guns are more important to them then other lives. Edit* Also what I mean with to late, that there are to many people with guns now in the US and it will be an impossible task to take them away from them.
Exactly..

Old 10-02-2017, 12:46 PM
Fan Forum Hero

And now Tom Petty is brain dead and being taken off life support.

Kim
Old 10-02-2017, 12:48 PM
Fan Forum Star

Quote:
Originally Posted by ThereYoullBe (View Post)
And now Tom Petty is brain dead and being taken off life support.
what? what happened?

The worst thing in your life may just contain the seeds for the best things to begin to grow.
Old 10-02-2017, 12:56 PM
Fan Forum Hero

He was found unconscious last night, in full cardiac arrest, in his home. They got a pulse back, rushed him to the hospital, but he showed no brain activity.

So today they are pulling life support.

Kim
Old 10-02-2017, 01:09 PM
Fan Forum Star

I just saw the report that he has passed away.

The worst thing in your life may just contain the seeds for the best things to begin to grow.
Old 10-02-2017, 02:43 PM
Fan Forum Hero

And now they're saying he's alive. The police said they have no notice of him dying.
https://twitter.com/i/moments/914929229258645504

this day.

Kim

Last edited by There You'll Be; 10-02-2017 at 02:51 PM
Old 10-02-2017, 05:44 PM
Fan Forum Star

Quote:
Originally Posted by ThereYoullBe (View Post)

this day.
I'll echo this

thats so strange I hope someone made an offical statement by bow

Old 10-02-2017, 05:49 PM
Fan Forum Star

Ah, the joys of a good old social-media hoax. I sometimes wonder what the people who do these things can possibly be thinking. (ETA - Of course, in this case, it seems they "just" jumped the gun and Mr Petty has indeed passed away.)

Like this guy who thought it was a good idea to go on a Biblical-quotation monlogue on a train in England and thought that starting with "death is not the end" made sense.

Or, like how some news outlets reported with complete sincerity, that the Las Vegas shooter was a man named Geary Danley?

Last edited by sunnykerr; 10-03-2017 at 07:03 AM
Old 10-04-2017, 03:30 PM
Fan Forum Star

Puerto Rico: Trump paper towel-throwing 'abominable'

Quote:
It may have been a "great day" in Puerto Rico for Donald Trump, but more than 90% of the 3 and a half million people living on this island remain without power and phone communications.

It means many of them would not have heard his remark about how much the disaster in Puerto Rico was costing the US government.

Nor would they have seen that he only visited Guaynabo, a wealthy part of town, and joked with people there that they no longer needed the torches being handed out.

Many of those we have met who are aware of this week's visit say this is more evidence that the president views them as second-class American citizens.

During his televised meeting with emergency responders and officials of Puerto Rico, he went out of his way to praise - and seek compliments for - the federal response.

"Every death is a horror," the president said, "but if you look at a real catastrophe like Katrina, and you look at the tremendous - hundreds and hundreds and hundreds of people that died, and you look at what happened here, with really a storm that was just totally overpowering, nobody's ever seen anything like this."
I wonder if he could get away with treating the people who suffered from Harvey and Irma that way.
Old 10-04-2017, 03:44 PM
I am a basketball genius!

So do you or anyone you know agree with Sean Hannity on this shooting? If so, when is the correct time to discuss gun control in the U.S.? I'll just say that I have doubts that Hannity would've been able to prevent this tragic event if he had a gun on him.

When to Talk About Gun Control? Trevor Noah Blasts Fox News and Sean Hannity for Las Vegas Coverage
Old 10-04-2017, 03:50 PM
Fan Forum Star

I wouldn't agree with Sean Hannity on much, I think. Of course, who knows, since I don't ever watch FOX News. I'm with everyone who says that people who say this isn't the right time to discuss gun control are people who will never think it is the right time to discuss gun control.

Until it happens to them, of course.

What are your thoughts on the topic?
Closed Thread   Post New Thread