Fan Forum
Remember Me?
Register

Request a Forum   |     View New Forums

Closed Thread   Post New Thread

Tags Thread Tools
Old 11-07-2020, 12:51 PM
Fan Forum Hero

At least no matter what country you live in, the United States will have a leader to work with all countries in
Old 11-07-2020, 05:46 PM
Fan Forum Star

Love all the celebration and happy people right now. It's honestly what we deserve after the last 4 years!!!

I'm just so happy to have a politician again as a leader and I hope JB and Kamala can help to mend this country and work together and lead the nation in HOPE again instead of all the hate we had to endure in the last 4 years.

Old 11-07-2020, 07:13 PM
Fan Forum Star

Lyon shooting: Suspect admits attacking priest 'over affair' So it wasn't terrorism, which is a relief. It wasn't even about the Mohammed caricatures. There still are a lot of issues to resolve, though.

And I'm really not trying to be rude in doing a hard shift in the discussion. Just trying to stick with the principle that potentially triggering news topics are discussed on this thread and non-triggering topics (like, say, elections) are discussed on the other news thread.

Besides, you could file this as an update to the story I posted earlier about the shootings and various attacks that were lumped together in France.
Old 11-08-2020, 03:30 PM
Fan Forum Star

what other thread????

this title literally says news and politics so you might want to update the title if you dont want people discussing it.
Old 11-08-2020, 03:36 PM
Fan Forum Star

This other thread: News & Politics Lite | The Lighter Side of News & Politics It's got Lighter in the title.

As opposed to the one we're currently on, which is called News & Politics | Sensitive Topics

They're both about news, hence why they share that portion, but there's one for lighter/non-triggering topics and there's one for potentially triggering topics. The separation was made at the request of posters, so this is the best solution we could find.
Old 11-14-2020, 01:52 AM
Fan Forum Star

im so confused. how is talking about the presidency a lite topic tho???

like shouldn't one be called lite/sensitive and the other just be all conversations welcome?
Old 11-14-2020, 02:51 AM
I am a basketball genius!

Comedians also talk about the presidency in a light way. Just being president doesn't make everything about him a serious discussion.

8 peacekeepers were killed in a Sinai helicopter crash on Thursday. There is no indication that it was terror related. There was an American service member that survived that crash.
Old 11-14-2020, 04:21 PM
Fan Forum Star

I'm sorry the two news discussion threads are so confusing. but I do think it could have been worse if we had tried to separate them along lines of political ideology. After all, what's liberal in one country is pretty conservative in another. And the objective isn't to separate people who see things differently. To me, that would make discussion boring and these threads are about discussing what's going on in the world.

We were asked to create separate threads to avoid re-traumatizing people who have had... well, traumatic experiences. So they could feel comfortable being involved in discussion about what's going on in the world without fearing re-traumatization. So this "sensitive topics" thread, as indicated in the title, is where we talk about subjects that could be traumatizing to some. Things like wars, genocide, rape, natural disasters, etc. The "light topics" thread is for topic we feel fairly certain will not be traumatizing to people. Things like elections can have been traumatizing to someone... but it's not usually the case, right? Scientific discoveries, Brexit, trade agreements, the fight for democracy in Hong Kong or Belarus or Bolivia...

It's not great, because obviously it's hard to know for sure a topic can't be traumatic to everyone. But we're just trying to do our best to allow everyone who wants to discuss the news to do so.

And, like I said before, the objective was never to forbid anyone from talking about elections here. But since we have two news discussion threads, we should also make sure to not have the same conversation on two threads at the same time. So, one way to make sure we're not doing that is to keep general election talk to the other thread and, I don't know, focus on how electing Joe Biden will likely save lives in those asylum camps on the border with Mexico where people awaiting permission to flee for their lives are routine kidnapped, raped and murdered by cartels...
Old 11-15-2020, 01:28 AM

7 residents at Sienna Senior Living in Scarborough, ON have died due to a Covid-19 outbreak where 136 other residents & 66 staff members have tested positive for that virus.
Old 11-15-2020, 10:19 AM
Fan Forum Star

The second wave continues to be terrible all over Canada. The difference is that a lot of the people who are sick are younger, and therefore take longer to die. I mean, I hate to even put it that way, because we should fight for each and every single person. Covid-19's a bitch.

But the reason it's a problem that people take longer to die (and, again, I hate myself for putting it that way) is that hospitals can't absorb new cases. Because they're running out of room, beds and equipment.
Old 11-18-2020, 11:59 PM

Oh. That's awful. Some news today out of Australia. Aussie special forces executed 39 prisoners & civilians in Afghanistan, the chief of the Australian defense forces, Gen. Angus Campbell said. Campbell also mentioned that a breakdown in discipline led to the extrajudicial kilings, including a practice of "blooding" where new soldiers who'd not killed anyone before in combat were pressured to execute prisoners. This happened beginning in 2006 & ending in 2013.
Old 11-19-2020, 04:37 PM
Fan Forum Star

And they just found out? Whoa. Not gonna help anyone over there trust their government, is it?
Old 11-20-2020, 12:37 PM
Ultimate Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by sunnykerr (View Post)
The second wave continues to be terrible all over Canada. The difference is that a lot of the people who are sick are younger, and therefore take longer to die. I mean, I hate to even put it that way, because we should fight for each and every single person. Covid-19's a bitch.

But the reason it's a problem that people take longer to die (and, again, I hate myself for putting it that way) is that hospitals can't absorb new cases. Because they're running out of room, beds and equipment.
It's even worse in the USA. By Christmas, we will be at 2,000 deaths a day from Covid 19. Our President is worried about his election loss than Covid 19.
Old 11-20-2020, 01:46 PM
Fan Forum Hero

It's so bad over there.
Old 11-21-2020, 10:40 AM
Fan Forum Star

It's not a contest, right? The only thing that distinguishes the U.S. is that their federal government doesn't give a fig about the crisis. Well, I say federal government... I really mean the White House.

Meanwhile: Kyle Rittenhouse: Teen charged over Wisconsin protest deaths posts $2m bail Having seen his mother talk to Tucker Carlson, and at the risk of sounding hella snobbish, I don't believe the family had that kind of money. I'll even go as far as saying that I don't believe they owned enough property to raise that kind of money on their own. So I feel like someone is pulling the strings... or someone with far deeper pockets has decided to make a stand here.
Closed Thread   Post New Thread