Fan Forum
Remember Me?
Register

Request a Forum   |     View New Forums

Closed Thread   Post New Thread

Old 03-04-2004, 05:03 AM
Obsessed Fan

Hi everyone [img]smilies/wave.gif[/img]

OMG [img]smilies/eek.gif[/img] My prayers have been answered [img]smilies/biggrin.gif[/img] Someone new! [img]smilies/pinkie.gif[/img] Welcome zhusya! It's great to have you here [img]smilies/smile.gif[/img], and please don't disappear like a few other people who used to post here. So when were you in Israel? Did you like it?

It's 33°c today in Israel and it's still technically winter! It's crazy [img]smilies/mad.gif[/img] It can only happen in Israel [img]smilies/lol.gif[/img] And it's been like this the entire week, but it's supposed to rain tomorrow, as I said before the weather in Israel is just insane!

Next week we get 2 days off cause it's Purim, it's like Halloween only without going out at night knocking on doors and asking for candies, it's just wearing a costume and having fun [img]smilies/smile.gif[/img]

Oh, and please, please, please, could somebody come up with a nice title for the next thread? You all know how much I suck at coming up with original ideas [img]smilies/frown.gif[/img]

Carmen- [img]smilies/hug.gif[/img] I still feel really terrible about what happened with your school, I really hope that everything will work out eventually, even if it's hard to believe at the moment.

And is this what I think it is? We get SAT.1 here, so am I understanding this correctly? That they'll show Placebo-live in Paris on 28.3??? Please tell that it's right! But wait a sec, isn't it the same show that's gonna be on the DVD? [img]smilies/confused.gif[/img]

Quote:
Originally posted by Nily:
I saw the "English Summer Rain" video!!! [img]smilies/biggrin.gif[/img] I never thought that they'll play it. It has not exactly single qualities, has it? [img]smilies/look.gif[/img] But yes, I like the song too. Just that there are songs that would have made better singles. "Second Sight" would've been great but they don't even play it at concerts [img]smilies/furious.gif[/img]
Which version did you see? The live or the scary dolls one? I don't like the ESR single version, it's too electronic for me, I prefer the album version by far.
"Second Sight" as a single? [img]smilies/eek.gif[/img] I must admit that this song really annoys me, it's probably my least favorite on SWG, I don't know why, I just don't like listenning to it a lot [img]smilies/blush.gif[/img] But I guess it's a matter of taste.

I almost forgot, you can download the performance of "The Bitter End" that's gonna be on the DVD here, it's pretty good [img]smilies/smile.gif[/img] But the file is quite big, so I hope you'll be able to download it.

I'm almost melting from this heat, so I think I'll go and stick my head in the freezer [img]smilies/lol.gif[/img]
Old 03-04-2004, 09:54 AM
Part-Time Fan

hi anna [img]smilies/wave.gif[/img]

i was in israel about 5 years ago for my bat mitzvah. i [img]smilies/love.gif[/img]ed it there!!!!!
it was so beautiful! i have family in ashkelon there.

yesterday, we had a purim party in school and i went as snow white. today is ta'anis esther but, im not really up for fasting. i cant wait for the actual day on sunday to get mishloach manos- gift baskets- from my friends.
Old 03-05-2004, 10:45 AM
Loyal Fan

Quote:
Originally posted by anna10186:
<STRONG> It's 33°c today in Israel and it's still technically winter! </STRONG>
You've actually learned how to do the °? [img]smilies/lol.gif[/img] Or did you just copy it? [img]smilies/wink.gif[/img]

Quote:
<STRONG> [img]smilies/hug.gif[/img] I still feel really terrible about what happened with your school, I really hope that everything will work out eventually, even if it's hard to believe at the moment. </STRONG>
Oh I do believe you [img]smilies/hug.gif[/img] Don't think I don't! And I really appreciate it [img]smilies/smile.gif[/img]

Our meeting with the principle brought nothing [img]smilies/frown.gif[/img] everything is on the verge of illegality. But just on the verge. We can't do anything [img]smilies/frown.gif[/img] But what can I do with a job which isn't licensed? I talked with my parents again today and I decided that it would be best to start all over again. I'll do my exams in June and then I'll go to university. I tought of Leisure and Tourism Management. It's what I want to do. It's what I expected to learn at my current school... Let's see. I haven't been excepted yet [img]smilies/look.gif[/img]

Quote:
<STRONG> And is this what I think it is? </STRONG>
Yes it is [img]smilies/biggrin.gif[/img] They show concerts once a month or something. The last was Coldplay and before that Travis [img]smilies/biggrin.gif[/img] Seems they show just bands I like [img]smilies/wink.gif[/img] Anyway, they show one hour of the concert. So they must've shortened quite a bit [img]smilies/frown.gif[/img] The time is a bit confusing but it's the night where we change from winter to summer time ... And yes, it's the show from the DVD.

You should watch German TV some time. The synchonizations are just terrible [img]smilies/lol.gif[/img] I hate it. I think I mentioned it before. Once ... or twice [img]smilies/lol.gif[/img]

Quote:
<STRONG> Which version did you see? </STRONG>
The doll version. [img]smilies/lol.gif[/img] Steve looks like this guy from Korn. I'll try to download it [img]smilies/biggrin.gif[/img] Thanks!

You don't like "Second Sight"? Well, as you say it's a question of tastes *shrug* I liked it from the start.

Quote:
<STRONG>I'm almost melting from this heat, so I think I'll go and stick my head in the freezer [img]smilies/lol.gif[/img] </STRONG>
Do you know what just had to think of? "Dobby was a bad house elf. Dobby had to iron his hands" [img]smilies/lol.gif[/img] Or "Dobby will have to punish himself most grievously for coming to see you sir. Dobby will have to shut his ears in the oven door for this." *falls from her chair laughing* But if it helps [img]smilies/lol.gif[/img]

[ 03-05-2004: Message edited Nily ]
Old 03-06-2004, 05:16 AM
Obsessed Fan

Hi everyone [img]smilies/wave.gif[/img]

zhusya- Yeah, we also had a purim party in school, but I was a bad girl and didn't go [img]smilies/blush.gif[/img] well, it was just too hot that day and I wanted to stay home with the air-conditioner [img]smilies/lol.gif[/img] You still give mishloach manot to each other? that's so great! Unfortunately we stopped doing it a few years ago for some unknown reason, but when we did then everyone brought a mishloach manot they had made and we'd have a raffle, each person chose a number from a bowl, and you get the mishloach manot of the person whose number you picked [img]smilies/smile.gif[/img] Somehow I always managed to get one of the biggest mishloach manots [img]smilies/lol.gif[/img]
So which places did you visit while you were in Israel?

Carmen- No, of course I copied the ° [img]smilies/biggrin.gif[/img] I'm too stupid to actually know how to do it.

Quote:
I decided that it would be best to start all over again. I'll do my exams in June and then I'll go to university. I tought of Leisure and Tourism Management.
Start all over again? [img]smilies/eek.gif[/img] Wow, that takes a lot of courage and strenght to go through all of that again, I trully applaud you for making that difficult decision, but if there is no other option, then maybe it'll be for the best [img]smilies/smile.gif[/img] And you already know most of the things, so it'll probably be easy for you, right?

Quote:
Anyway, they show one hour of the concert. So they must've shortened quite a bit [img]smilies/frown.gif[/img]
Only an hour? Then why does it say on that site that it starts at 1:45 and ends at 4:00? [img]smilies/confused.gif[/img]

Quote:
You should watch German TV some time. The synchonizations are just terrible [img]smilies/lol.gif[/img]
You know that when I was obsessed with "Dawson's Creek" a few years ago, then I would watch SAT1 every week just to see it, even though it was in german and I didn't understand a single word [img]smilies/lol.gif[/img] It was so funny, their voices completely didn't match the characters, and I remember my brother always laughed at me "Why for god's sake are you watching DC in german?" [img]smilies/lol.gif[/img] yeah, I was so obsessed back then [img]smilies/lol.gif[/img] Maybe I should start watching the channel again, cause it's so funny [img]smilies/lol.gif[/img] Oh, and I just remembered that there was another show I used to watch on SAT1, I think it was called something like "Blitz" or something similar, I don't remember precisely, but they always showed the weirdest things there, I never forgot that one time they showed those siamese twins who are connected by their head, it was so scary and sad [img]smilies/frown.gif[/img]

Quote:
Do you know what just had to think of? "Dobby was a bad house elf. Dobby had to iron his hands" [img]smilies/lol.gif[/img] Or "Dobby will have to punish himself most grievously for coming to see you sir. Dobby will have to shut his ears in the oven door for this." *falls from her chair laughing* But if it helps [img]smilies/lol.gif[/img]
[img]smilies/rotfl.gif[/img] Dobby is simply hilarious! Maybe we should start a Dobby-lovers club? wanna join? [img]smilies/wink.gif[/img]

A few days ago I opened the kitchen door and what did I see? My mom singing "Fernando" [img]smilies/lol.gif[/img] It was so funny! And of course I remembered that great YA scene [img]smilies/biggrin.gif[/img]

And I [img]smilies/love.gif[/img] your new sig, where is it taken from?

[ 03-06-2004: Message edited anna10186 ]
Old 03-06-2004, 07:25 AM
Loyal Fan

Quote:
<STRONG> Start all over again? [img]smilies/eek.gif[/img] Wow, that takes a lot of courage and strenght to go through all of that again, I trully applaud you for making that difficult decision, but if there is no other option, then maybe it'll be for the best [img]smilies/smile.gif[/img] And you already know most of the things, so it'll probably be easy for you, right? </STRONG>
Yeah well, I could finish next year and have nothing. Then I would have to start something new anyway. And I would study at an actual university. Not not so much courage but the only thing I could do. Depending on where I would be accepted it would take another three or four years. The only things that could be difficult would be economics and acountancy but I already had that. [img]smilies/smile.gif[/img] We'll see [img]smilies/biggrin.gif[/img]

Quote:
<STRONG> Only an hour? Then why does it say on that site that it starts at 1:45 and ends at 4:00? [img]smilies/confused.gif[/img]</STRONG>
It's the weekend when we chang from winter to summer time. That means at we change from Sunday 2 a.m. to 3 a.m. The beginning is winter time and the end's already summer time [img]smilies/frown.gif[/img]

Quote:
<STRONG> [img]smilies/lol.gif[/img] yeah, I was so obsessed back then [img]smilies/lol.gif[/img] Maybe I should start watching the channel again, cause it's so funny [img]smilies/lol.gif[/img] Oh, and I just remembered that there was another show I used to watch on SAT1, I think it was called something like "Blitz" or something similar</STRONG>
I can imagine [img]smilies/lol.gif[/img] I think I would've done the same [img]smilies/biggrin.gif[/img] But we have German TV only [img]smilies/frown.gif[/img] so no funny languges here [img]smilies/frown.gif[/img] [img]smilies/wink.gif[/img]

Yeah, I know "Blitz" [img]smilies/lol.gif[/img] It's supposed to be a news magazine [img]smilies/look.gif[/img] But it's just about gossip and sensations. Watch it every day and you know everything about all the pseudo-celebrities [img]smilies/lol.gif[/img]

Quote:
<STRONG>Dobby is simply hilarious! Maybe we should start a Dobby-lovers club? wanna join? [img]smilies/wink.gif[/img]</STRONG>
[img]smilies/lol.gif[/img] sure. I'm sure my sister would join as well. She's a house elf lover [img]smilies/biggrin.gif[/img] She loves Winky. The one with the alcohol problem [img]smilies/lol.gif[/img]

Quote:
<STRONG> A few days ago I opened the kitchen door and what did I see? My mom singing "Fernando" [img]smilies/lol.gif[/img] It was so funny! And of course I remembered that great YA scene [img]smilies/biggrin.gif[/img] </STRONG>
[img]smilies/biggrin.gif[/img] That's funny! My mom taped the Oscars for me. Yesterday evening I was going through the video stack looking for the one with the Oscars. Well, I haven't marked my tapes [img]smilies/blush.gif[/img] Anyway, the first I put into the player was one with YA episodes [img]smilies/smile.gif[/img] It was the last episode [img]smilies/biggrin.gif[/img] The Fernando part [img]smilies/biggrin.gif[/img] It's really getting creepy with you [img]smilies/lol.gif[/img]

Quote:
<STRONG> And I [img]smilies/love.gif[/img] your new sig, where is it taken from? </STRONG>
It's taken from a fantastic HP fanfic called "Draco Dormiens" by Cassandra Claire. I just nicked it [img]smilies/blush.gif[/img] There are some clever lines in it. Like "If you fall off a cliff, you might as well try to teach yourself to fly on the way down." It just seemed to suit my life at the moment *shrug* [img]smilies/wink.gif[/img]
Old 03-07-2004, 11:49 PM
Part-Time Fan

[img]smilies/wave.gif[/img] everybody!

anna- well, I stayed at Ashdod (not Ashkelon, wrong info) with my relatives. I went to the Yam HaMelach (dead sea) but, my feet were raw from walking so it stinged. We went to Jerusalem. Went to the holocaust museum, Yad Hashem. Cried like a baby. Went to the Kosel, put a note in the wall. We also went to the Golan Heights where we bathed in hot mineral water. They took us to Masada, Tel Aviv, Jaffa.......Be'er Sheva, Bat Yam.......I'll try to remember more.
Old 03-08-2004, 07:05 AM
Absolute Fan

Quote:
Originally posted by zhusya:
<STRONG>safin......u sure can lol........as long as your a girl [img]smilies/wink.gif[/img]</STRONG>

Yep I'm a girl!

Purim, I actually knew it had something to do with costumes, I'm so clever [img]smilies/lol.gif[/img]

I once had a chance to go to Israel with the family where I babysit but my mom wouldn't let me, because you know war stuff going on and my mom said no and that was the end of it. I would have love to have gone there but you know, maybe in the future I'll just get on an EL-AL flight [img]smilies/wink.gif[/img] and go on holiday. I heard it's really beautiful there.

Oh and euuhh guys, euuhh I mean girls, sorry if I don't post so often *deeply ashamed* I am kind of busy lately. School bites!

Bunny # 218
Old 03-08-2004, 09:22 AM
Part-Time Fan

:wave safin

where do you live?
how old are you?
where do I get an avatar with marat in it?
Old 03-10-2004, 07:49 AM
Obsessed Fan

Hey [img]smilies/wave.gif[/img]

Sorry for not posting for a while, was busy with school. Had a test today, and now I'm free for a couple of weeks, so I might actually have the time to work on my art project [img]smilies/smile.gif[/img]

Yesterday was my parents' 25th wedding anniversary, I have no idea how they managed to stay together for so long.

Carmen- So you don't have any foreign channels? weird, I was sure that in every coutry there must be a few foreign-language-speaking-channels, oh well, it's not such a big loss I guess, since no one would have watched them anyway.

Quote:
That's funny! My mom taped the Oscars for me. Yesterday evening I was going through the video stack looking for the one with the Oscars. Well, I haven't marked my tapes [img]smilies/blush.gif[/img] Anyway, the first I put into the player was one with YA episodes [img]smilies/smile.gif[/img] It was the last episode [img]smilies/biggrin.gif[/img] The Fernando part [img]smilies/biggrin.gif[/img] It's really getting creepy with you [img]smilies/lol.gif[/img]
It really is! [img]smilies/lol.gif[/img] BTW, I didn't even watch the oscars, they started to bore me about 2 years ago, so ever since I don't even bother watching them. So I heard LOTR:ROTK was the big winner? cool [img]smilies/smile.gif[/img]

Quote:
It's taken from a fantastic HP fanfic called "Draco Dormiens" by Cassandra Claire. I just nicked it [img]smilies/blush.gif[/img] There are some clever lines in it. Like "If you fall off a cliff, you might as well try to teach yourself to fly on the way down." It just seemed to suit my life at the moment *shrug* [img]smilies/wink.gif[/img]
It's a really beautiful quote, and the other one is too [img]smilies/smile.gif[/img] That Cassandra sounds very talented to me, you wouldn't mind giving me the link, would you? [img]smilies/biggrin.gif[/img]

zhusya- Wow, quite a tour you had, so you basically visited all the interesting, must-see places, that's great [img]smilies/smile.gif[/img] Which one did you like best?

Stephanie- Awww, that sucks you couldn't come to Israel, but you definitely should one day if you get the chance [img]smilies/smile.gif[/img] BTW, I had no idea people outside of Israel know about EL-AL [img]smilies/lol.gif[/img] That's so cool! [img]smilies/biggrin.gif[/img]

So, thread ideas anyone? [img]smilies/look.gif[/img]
The only ones I manged to come up with are: "Who'd ever thought we'd get to thread #3?", "With the help of god, we finally arrived to thread #3", "It's a miracle! we've actually started thread #3!". I know, I am fully aware of how lame they all sound, but I can't blame myself for trying, since no one else had any other suggestions. Maybe we should just call it "Thread #3" without an additional title, at least we wouldn't embarrass ourselves this way [img]smilies/lol.gif[/img]

WTF is wrong with FF? I tried to send this post and it tells me that I can't because you can't post more than 20 smilies in a post???? Who the f**k made that rule and when, cause it's the first time I'm hearing about it [img]smilies/mad.gif[/img]
Old 03-10-2004, 02:05 PM
Absolute Fan

Quote:
Originally posted by zhusya:
<STRONG>:wave safin

where do you live?
how old are you?
where do I get an avatar with marat in it?</STRONG>
I live in Knokke (in the weekend) and in Ghent (during the week to do some studying). Both cities are in Belgium.
I'm 19.
Maybe you can check out Webmasters, they should be around there somewhere [img]smilies/look.gif[/img] you can also post pictures there and ask if they can turn them into avies for you. But I think you need a little more posts before you can upload your own avie.

Quote:
<STRONG>Hey :wave
Stephanie- Awww, that sucks you couldn't come to Israel, but you definitely should one day if you get the chance [img]smilies/smile.gif[/img] BTW, I had no idea people outside of Israel know about EL-AL [img]smilies/lol.gif[/img] That's so cool! [img]smilies/biggrin.gif[/img]

</STRONG>
Yeah when I was babysitting we were in JFK I think and we went to have breakfast in one of those EL AL thingies.

Bunny # 218
Old 03-11-2004, 10:18 PM
Part-Time Fan

[img]smilies/wave.gif[/img]

anna, i for sure [img]smilies/love.gif[/img]d the kosel the best.

you could just feel the spirituality.
Old 03-16-2004, 06:25 AM
Loyal Fan

Sorry for not posting for a week. [img]smilies/frown.gif[/img] I was kinda busy. Still am [img]smilies/frown.gif[/img]

Anna -
I hate making decisions. But since nobody's going to say something about a new thread title I'd say that I'd go with your suggestions [img]smilies/smile.gif[/img] I like the "Who would've" thought" one. Maybe it's lame but who cares. We'll have lots of time to come up with a title for thread #4 then [img]smilies/wink.gif[/img]

BTW The Cure are confirmed for the Placebo/Bowie festival as well [img]smilies/biggrin.gif[/img] I prey for my orals...

Have to go already [img]smilies/frown.gif[/img] but I'll try to be around soon.

Ohh .. forgot. the link for Draco Dormiens. Have fun [img]smilies/biggrin.gif[/img]
Old 03-22-2004, 01:26 PM
Absolute Fan

Okay here is the NEW ONE

Bunny # 218
Closed Thread   Post New Thread