Fan Forum
Remember Me?
Register

Request a Forum   |     View New Forums

Closed Thread   Post New Thread

Tags Thread Tools
Old 09-08-2016, 02:52 AM
Fan Forum Hero

Does waking up after 3 hours of sleep and being wide awake at 4:30 in the morning count as being an insomniac?
Old 09-08-2016, 06:51 AM
Fan Forum Hero

Yes, that definitely does count. That's my pet peeve, sleeping but not close to enough. This time I tried the crying method before sleeping , um, I think it worked but it was still 1:30 am when I went to sleep anyway.

Hope your day is ok despite 3 hours only!
Old 09-08-2016, 04:54 PM
Fan Forum Star

I would certainly say that counts as insomnia, yes. But then I call myself an insomiac when I sleep most nights. I just wake up a lot throughout those nights.
Old 09-08-2016, 08:47 PM
Fan Forum Hero

it's 8:44 pm and I actually feel .... Sleepy-ish? Maybe I should try to go to bed early and see if I sleep completely normally tonight based on how I'm feeling! No "m" task, , no crying, no blue pill.... Might be possible tonight
Old 09-09-2016, 06:09 PM
Fan Forum Star

The thing that works for me, not always but sometimes, is to basically to accept that I won't sleep. As soon as I stop fighting it, and decide I'm just gonna chill while I have the opportunity to do it, I usually conk out.
Old 09-10-2016, 05:53 AM
Fan Forum Star

fighting it just makes it worse. So does counting how many hours you have left to get some sleep.

The worst thing in your life may just contain the seeds for the best things to begin to grow.
Old 09-10-2016, 10:45 PM
Fan Forum Hero

Yeah, it's horrible to wake up around 5 am when I get up at 7 am and then can't sleep cause I'm counting down the time to wake up.

The last two nights I've been sleeping pretty well through the night so I'm hopeful I won't have to post here, being frustrated too much longer, but you never know when it just starts all over again. Especially I find upsetting, sad thoughts can prevent me from sleeping too, and I have plenty of those right now, lol
Old 09-11-2016, 01:31 AM
Fan Forum Hero

^ and I jinxed myself already from posting that.

1:30 am - guess I'll read some fan fiction
Old 09-11-2016, 07:37 AM
Fan Forum Star

You know the light of a computer screen (or TV) tells your brain to wake up, right? I'm the last person to point a finger at anyone else on that, because I always stay online or watching TV way later than I should if I want a decent night of sleep, but that is one of the things to watch for.

Of course, if you're not gonna sleep anyway...

But I'm working really hard on finding the discipline to shut things off at a decent-ish hour and pick up a book instead. For myself, it does seem to make a difference.
Old 09-15-2016, 04:03 PM
Fan Forum Hero

Had a rough night last night, was up until 7 am and then finally crashed, sleeping until 2Pm...

It's now 4Pm and sleep will not come tonight...
Old 09-15-2016, 05:16 PM
Fan Forum Star

Give yourself a break. None of us can do more than our best.
Old 09-15-2016, 08:49 PM
Fan Forum Hero

I really hate when I stay awake til the morning and then sleep til the afternoon, not very fun so i feel for you !

I've been sleeping not so bad lately so I've been quieter here, maybe work is knocking me out somehow.
Old 09-16-2016, 02:53 AM
Elite Fan

I am often up all night then not able to fall asleep until between 9 Am or noon the next day. Then sleep 2-6 hours and be up for a while then nap again and be up all night again then go to bed at 10 pm and get up at 10 AM. I have bed time meds and sleep meds but some nights nothing seems to help me sleep.
Old 09-17-2016, 12:11 PM
Fan Forum Star

Oh, I've known that as well. It's having to get up at 7am in the morning that's taught my body to get some sleep in there. I would still count myself as an insomniac, since a regular night of sleep is not something I know. But I've only managed to sleep through the night in any capacity since I've started having to get up early to get to work.

And I can tell it's what's making the difference because, as soon as I go on vacation, old habits tend to return.
Old 09-17-2016, 08:35 PM
Fan Forum Hero

Had a horrible night last night, didn't even fall asleep until 7am.

Woke up at noon though, was still so tired but I want to sleep tonight...I hope!
Closed Thread   Post New Thread