Remember Me?
Register

Request a Forum   |     View New Forums

Reply   Post New Thread

Tags Thread Tools
Old 11-22-2003, 05:30 AM
Master Fan

High School #1: We've All Been There...

I have been thinking about a thread like this for a while now.
I know when I was a senior I had no idea what I wanted to study or which subjects I wanted to take in college. I finally decided that I wanted to study languages and now I'm studying English and Czech [img]smilies/smile.gif[/img]
I had no idea what to expect from it but I really like it!
Basically this thread is to talk about school stuff. If you have any questions or you want to share some funny stories, rants,... [img]smilies/glow.gif[/img]

Last edited by Sunrise at Midnight; 07-24-2014 at 09:36 PM
Nele is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-22-2003, 06:54 AM
Extreme Fan

I'm a first year Uni student [img]smilies/wink.gif[/img]. Most of my funny/embarrasing school stories are about teachers I had crushes on!

I changed my idea about what I was going to study so many times! I only decided just before the form was due in. Still not sure I made the right choice as I have no brains!

Every now and then I fall apart
Elegantly Wasted is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-23-2003, 10:45 AM
Master Fan

I'm in first year cegep. (It's a quebec system; high school is until grade 11, then students planning to go to uni take a 2 year pre-u program at cegep, others could take a 3 year career/technical program.)
I'm doing Liberal Arts and I have no idea what I want to do, which is my big problem. I'm considering journalism. I definitely want to do something practical (no more philosophy! [img]smilies/lol.gif[/img] )
My rants right now are that I'm very stressed about school work [img]smilies/pout.gif[/img]
e. e. cummings - somewhere i have never traveled
elisheva is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-24-2003, 01:27 PM
Extreme Fan

Quote:
Originally posted by elisheva:
<STRONG>I'm in first year cegep. (It's a quebec system; high school is until grade 11, then students planning to go to uni take a 2 year pre-u program at cegep, others could take a 3 year career/technical program.)
I'm doing Liberal Arts and I have no idea what I want to do, which is my big problem. I'm considering journalism. I definitely want to do something practical (no more philosophy! [img]smilies/lol.gif[/img] )
My rants right now are that I'm very stressed about school work [img]smilies/pout.gif[/img]</STRONG>
Don't worry, I'm at Uni and I still have no idea about anything! Journalism sounds cool. Philosophy bites, I am hiding from Philosophy reading right now!

Old 11-24-2003, 01:48 PM
Extreme Fan

Hey Punzie! [img]smilies/hug.gif[/img]

I'm in my first year at "film-school". I study Medium. It's something I decided on the last minute ... I kinda always thought I would do something else and this would be something I always wanted to, but never did [img]smilies/wink.gif[/img]

Philosphy isn't my favourite subject either. But the teacher is a funny guy and he's been telling the same thing for weeks now.
greetvdm is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-24-2003, 04:53 PM
Part-Time Fan

I so wish I had thought to talk to someone more carefully before I picked my major. I was psych, and while I liked it enough, I got incredibly frustrated by the fact that it didn't get me where I wanted to go. Mainly, the department wasn't doing the type of psychology that I wanted to do, so I would make sure that you check out not just your major, but what the departments are like as well before you choose something.

Beth

VOTE -- Democracy is not a spectator sport!
mildew is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-26-2003, 08:59 AM
Part-Time Fan

I'm in college... which could seem surprising considering they're having us do hula hoop and skipping rope in class (well not me, a friend of mine, but still...)
Old 11-27-2003, 12:48 AM
Obsessed Fan

I'm in high school.Guys are a little nicer but still so immature.Does that ever change??

avie by Mel X
~*katinthehat*~ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-27-2003, 11:31 AM
Extreme Fan

Quote:
Originally posted by ~*Katinthehat*~:
<STRONG>I'm in high school.Guys are a little nicer but still so immature.Does that ever change??</STRONG>
In a word - no. Although they do get hotter [img]smilies/glow.gif[/img]!

Hula Hoop and skipping in class - geez if only! My lectures are awful! What subject is that for?

Old 11-27-2003, 05:06 PM
Addicted Fan

I'm still in high school. I'm in my last semester -- graduating in December.

I'm trying to think of colleges to apply for and all that, but I have no idea what I want to do with my life.

I really want to be on televison, but I have so little faith in that kinda thing having even the slightest possibility to being a reality. I hate academics and don't even want to go to college, but I know that I have to. I know for a fact there isn't anything that I want to do in life having a degree for would help me actually doing. I feel kinda stuck right now. I don't know what I want to do, what direction I want to take my life in. I've never aspired to do or be anything except for unrealistic things and i'm just afraid of making the mistake of doing one thing and being miserable forever. I also don't come from money so it makes it even worse not knowing what i want to do because it makes the possibility of having money one day seem even farther away.

Ack. Yeah, I just needed to rant. Thanks!

.Z.
"Change can be so constant that you don't even feel the difference until there is one. It can be so slow that you don't know that your life is better or worse until it is. Or it can just blow you away and make you something different in an instant." [LAAH]
zales00 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-29-2003, 05:45 PM
Master Fan

I am a high school senior. Right now I am still in my first semster. I think I have a month and half left of it. I am really thinking about what to do post-high school and right now I have boiled it down to 4 choices.

A) Go to a community college then transfer on to regular college/university.

B) Join the Air Force or National Guard.

C) Move to California and start looking for work.

D) Go to a trade school and study up more on computers.
The Survivor is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-29-2003, 06:25 PM
Obsessed Fan

Quote:
Originally posted by Elegantly Wasted:
<STRONG>

In a word - no. Although they do get hotter [img]smilies/glow.gif[/img]!
</STRONG>
thats good. [img]smilies/smile.gif[/img] Even though they are hot now hotter older guys are very nice. [img]smilies/wink.gif[/img] I always wondered why high school girls dated college guys. [img]smilies/lol.gif[/img]

avie by Mel X
~*katinthehat*~ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-01-2003, 02:38 PM
Loyal Fan

Hey KathyAnn!
How are you liking hs? Its alright......
Old 12-05-2003, 08:08 AM
Absolute Fan

Hi guys, I'm in college (my first year for the second time, the same one as Nele by the way. Translator-interpreter English and Spanish.

There's a big difference between Belgian colleges/universities and American ones. If I'm not mistaken in the US they have SAT's and you actually need to learn a lot, and the results can either get you into a college or rejected from one. Whereas in Belgium, you can get into most schools and be a complete idiot and know absolutely nothing about any of your subjects. For some medical branches and art kind of stuff you do need to take an exam. But here it's pretty easy to get into college/university,half of all the students cheat there way through high school.

Bunny # 218
Safin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-06-2003, 05:41 PM
Dedicated Fan

I'm a high school senior. I'm not exactly sure what I want to go into in college. I thought for a while that I wanted to major in biology, but now I'm not so sure and think I might want to major in journalism or some sort of writing. Ugh...I have no idea really. Right now I'm just worried about actually getting into a college.
We'd fry our brains and say it's so much fun
Out here
But when it's all over
I'll come back for another year
-Daydreamer- is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply   Post New Thread