Fan Forum
Remember Me?
Register

Request a Forum   |     View New Forums

Closed Thread   Post New Thread

Old 02-13-2017, 04:12 PM
Fan Forum Star

I may be Canadian, but even I feel like we're all just waiting for the other shoe to drop.
Old 02-14-2017, 05:53 AM
Elite Fan

I am Australian and yes, I totally agree!
Old 02-14-2017, 06:15 PM
Fan Forum Star

There is room for home, though.

From the last couple of weeks, I would say that the U.S. press has learned its lessons from the George W. Bush administration era. They're not just taking it now. They're asking the questions that need to be asked and they're not accepting clearly phony answers.

So there is hope. Plus, honestly, I don't think this administration cares about LGBTQ+ rights, one way or another.
Old 02-18-2017, 07:15 PM
Elite Fan

There is not much that administration DOES care about that is for the greater good at all...yet somehow the people who voted them in are the first to be forgotten about now that they are in power.
Old 02-19-2017, 11:11 AM
Fan Forum Star

That was predictable, to be honest. They appealed to people who felt they'd been left out while promising to dismantle what was in place. It doesn't take a genius to see that they were saying "whatever you think you have, we plan on taking it away."

But that's what happens when people don't inform themselves and are content to believe the nonsense being spouted by people who, instead of addressing a person's argument, are content to just shout them down. As if volume is an indication of veracity.
Old 03-01-2017, 05:20 PM
Fan Forum Star

Well, it didn't take long: Texas challenges gay marriage benefits
Old 03-01-2017, 06:00 PM
Master Fan

TV Recommendation: When We Rise (ABC) - Great show and it tells the LGBT history/movement.

Who Are You and What Do You Want?

ic: shinebrighterxx
Jason Morgan | Wanda Maximoff | Prince Zuko/Mai | Prince Zuko/ Sukka | Draco/Pansy/Blaise/Theo | Princess Zelda / Link | Clark & Lois
Old 03-01-2017, 09:51 PM
Master Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by sunnykerr (View Post)
Well, it didn't take long: Texas challenges gay marriage benefits
Makes me sick. So many of ny friends are happily married to their partners.

Quote:
Originally Posted by baelfire24 (View Post)
TV Recommendation: When We Rise (ABC) - Great show and it tells the LGBT history/movement.
Watching it right now!
Old 03-02-2017, 07:12 PM
Fan Forum Star

I don't understand how anyone can rationalize excluding any citizen from their rightful benefits based on their sexual orientation. I don't understand how that still happens in this day and age. Ridiculous.

I am taping When We Rise.
Old 03-04-2017, 01:33 PM
Fan Forum Hero

Me neither. I'm not bothered about hetrosexuals lifestyles, why are they so bothered by mine
Old 03-05-2017, 08:20 AM
Elite Fan

It is all just so stupid - no wonder many LGBTQ people take their own lives, sometimes the world is too difficult to handle when everyone and everything is against you - how can you live?
Old 03-05-2017, 11:30 AM
Fan Forum Star

Well, now. Success is the greatest response to adversity. Suicide is not the answer. Taking yourself out of the equation because some people haven't noticed we're in the 21st century is not the answer. There is a whole world out there who's waiting for you, to be experienced and discovered.

It does show that we can never sit on our laurels when it comes to human and civil rights, though. And I hope the LGBTQ communities and individuals of Texas know that they are not alone. Whatever their state government says, there's a million of us pulling for them, even if it's from a distance.
Old 03-08-2017, 05:06 PM
Fan Forum Star

Texas 'bathroom bill' passes key vote
Old 03-09-2017, 03:16 AM
Elite Fan

Things are getting worse, not better.....Transgender woman beaten to death in Brazil begs for mercy in heartbreaking video
Old 03-09-2017, 04:23 PM
Fan Forum Star

I agree, but not for the same reasons. Because I don't think you can compare a criminal act in Brazil to changing the law in Texas.
Closed Thread   Post New Thread