Fan Forum
Remember Me?
Register

Request a Forum   |     View New Forums

Closed Thread   Post New Thread

Old 11-03-2017, 12:17 PM
Fan Forum Star

Thanks for telling me. I of course know about it, I just didn't put his name in my memory! :

Quote:
Originally Posted by sunnykerr (View Post)
I was remembering that tweet, yes. I'll be honest, I don't rememebr those movies very well and I was taking her word for it.
That is easy to do if you don't remember them.

I was in my new house placing daydreams
-------Patching up the crack along the wall
→ Jessica | creative dream
Old 11-04-2017, 06:13 AM
Fan Forum Star

Glad I could job your memory. There's a lot of talk about all of that around here these days. Seems I'm not the only one thinking there's no excuse for the way he handled it.

Mind you, he's been fired from everything, so I guess that's the end of that. For now.
Old 11-08-2017, 05:15 PM
Fan Forum Star

A couple of good-news stories for a change:

Danica Roem: Transgender lawmaker a first for Virginia

Quote:
Voters in the US state of Virginia have elected their first openly transgender state legislator.

Danica Roem, a 32-year-old journalist, ousted pro-Trump incumbent Republican Bob Marshall.

Mr Marshall had described himself as Virginia's "chief homophobe".
If that doesn't send a signal, I don't know what will.

Germany to recognise third gender for intersex people

Quote:
Germany's top court has ruled that there must be the option of registering a gender that is neither male nor female on birth certificates.

It would make Germany the first European country to allow parents to designate their intersex offspring as a third gender.

The case was brought by a registered female whose chromosome test confirmed they were neither sex.
That is awesome!
Old 11-09-2017, 05:28 AM
Fan Forum Star

Quote:
Originally Posted by Camibra (View Post)
Any opinions about Kevin Spacey?
Hope his career will remain buried. His behaviour has been another open secret in Hollywood, I heard rumours for years. His initial apology was bs, his PR team probably counted on people still being more shocked by somebody being gay than a sexual predator.

This is Raven Reyes, and I'm alive.
Old 11-09-2017, 06:28 PM
Fan Forum Star

The revelations about Kevin Spacey keep on coming, so I doubt they'll blow over any time soon.

He had a movie coming out in December, that was fully completed, and they're reshooting all of his scenes with Christopher Plummer. I can't imagine how much work that is for all involved, this close to the release date. I have no idea if the movie is worth it, but you know it's bad when they don't just either shelve the movie, postpone its release or just sorta handwave the scandal to do "we didn't know, ok?"
Old 11-10-2017, 03:34 AM
Fan Forum Star

I'm glad that it's happening but over the years a lot of awful men got a second chance, I hope this won't be the case for Spacey and there are other men who are still being protected by studios.

Quote:
People wishing to legally change their gender may be able to do so by signing a statutory declaration from the age of 16 under plans to radically reform gender recognition law in Scotland.

The proposals include the option of full legal recognition for non-binary people – those who do not identify as either male or female – which would make Scotland one of a handful of countries to do so. The plans follow a ruling by Germany’s highest constitutional court on Wednesday that birth certificates should allow a third gender category.
Legal recognition for non-binary people planned in Scotland

Old 11-10-2017, 03:34 AM
Fan Forum Star

I'm glad that it's happening but over the years a lot of awful men got a second chance, I hope this won't be the case for Spacey and there are other men who are still being protected by studios.

Quote:
People wishing to legally change their gender may be able to do so by signing a statutory declaration from the age of 16 under plans to radically reform gender recognition law in Scotland.

The proposals include the option of full legal recognition for non-binary people – those who do not identify as either male or female – which would make Scotland one of a handful of countries to do so. The plans follow a ruling by Germany’s highest constitutional court on Wednesday that birth certificates should allow a third gender category.
Legal recognition for non-binary people planned in Scotland

Old 11-11-2017, 09:43 AM
Fan Forum Star

Progress in Europe!
Old 11-15-2017, 01:17 AM
Graphics Team Manager

Progress is wonderful to see

Quote:
Australia says yes to same sex marriage

Politicians are jostling for pole position on driving the same-sex marriage debate forward as supporters of the 'yes' campaign celebrate their resounding win.

Liberal Senator Dean Smith's Marriage Amendment Bill 2017 was introduced on Wednesday afternoon and debate will begin on Thursday.

Malcolm Turnbull sprung up minutes after the results were announced on Wednesday that 61.6 per cent of eligible Australians voted in favour of marriage equality.

Feeling vindicated by the 79.5 per cent response rate to his voluntary poll, the prime minister urged federal parliamentarians to legalise same-sex marriage before Christmas.

Source
There's an image with percentages at the end of that article which shows that large percentages in all age groups, in all states, voted . Doesn't say which way they voted but still impressive that so many people voted in this since it wasn't compulsory

Now for it to just pass through parliament now that they all have a free vote on this Hopefully by Christmas

Chelle » join GTmy art
Old 11-15-2017, 05:07 AM
Elite Fan

Ironically the BEST districts that voted YES were in the former Prime Minister's seat which had 75% vote YES, and the CURRENT Prime Minister's seat which was 80% voting YES! The former PM's sister is Gay and she has had her marriage planned for months now - it might actually be one of the first after this news happened! Her brother (Former PM) is invited.... I bet he will be a NO SHOW! By the way - Prime Minister/PM is equal to President in countries such as The United States of America so kind of up there in powers....

The things to remember are these facts - there are currently as of May 2017 16 million enrolled people above 18 years old and able to legally vote. There are 16.5 million people eligible to vote (people above 18 years of age, essentially.) 8 million people can not vote as they are under 18 years old. 12.6 million voted in this SSM VOLUNTARY plebiscite which was divided into 7.8 million for the YES vote and 4.8 million in the NO vote. This means that the total amount of people who voted YES is nearly double the total of the people who voted NO additionally, the total of those who voted YES are pretty much equal to the total of those UNABLE to vote by being too young or those who chose to abstain from voting thus their vote was wasted either way and they should be ignored as irrelevant in this sort of thing. The government better NOT try and use statistics to say 'ooooh, the total is not more than 50% of eligible voters' or some other irrelevant rhetoric! This was kind of the REASON for this so called vote in the first place, was it not!? If they wanted an ACCURATE vote they'd make it COMPULSORY - - - just-like EVERY state and federal election we have!

Let's say that the Liberal Party (highly conservative party with an ironic name) let me just suggest that IF they still chose to ignore this as they are legally allowed to do as I pointed out months ago in a post on this or the older thread, which also was partly why I felt this voting thing was a waste of time and money as they could just quell it in the end. IF they DO try and do that, the backlash should be HUGE!!!! They will lose SO MANY SEATS from those who voted YES in this campaign that 'The Libs' will HAVE to make it pass! If not, they will lose at a historic loss and the Labor Party will once again be at the helm (and not mess up the country as the Libs always tend to do....GST and NBN for example) Then the Labor Party during their campaign could emphasise that they will make it pass in parliament if they have a majority! No BS voluntary voting crap, that is the half arsed Libs way of dancing around a subject without needing to submit or do anything....ala the Republic Referendum (Voluntary again as usual from those cowards.)

Either way, it will pass - I actually HOPE that the Libs do NOT pass it, we vote them at to a HISTORIC loss for their Conservative party and THEN Labor can pass it the way the Libs SHOULD have - but they wouldn't as they are 'conservative......

Last edited by Camibra; 11-15-2017 at 05:19 AM
Old 11-15-2017, 01:55 PM
Graphics Team Manager

I actually wouldn't be surprised if he did go to his sister's wedding even if he didn't agree with it as she's still his sister & I think they agree to disagree over their difference in opinion over same-sex relationships

The only people in the government who may try something like that I think are those on the no side & I don't think the current PM is on that side. He used to be all for it too until he became the leader of the liberal party

I don't see why you'd want to delay it. There's no guarantee that the country would vote out the liberal's so it could be delayed for years. Or even if the Labor party did get in, there's no guarantee that they wouldn't then change their minds once they're in power as it wouldn't be the first election promise broken. I get your point but that's a huge gamble & I'd rather they just get it over with & see what this parliament has to say without them then screwing around with things

Chelle » join GTmy art
Old 11-15-2017, 05:07 PM
Fan Forum Star

I'm trying so hard not to say "I told you it would be so." But I'm mostly very happy for you all.

Anyway, any ideas for a title for the new thread?

And, this time, can whomever starts the new thread go with the title chosen beforehand?
Old 11-15-2017, 05:11 PM
Elite Fan

Go Australia!!
Old 11-15-2017, 07:48 PM
Graphics Team Manager

That's how i feel Sunny as i felt yes would win

Chelle » join GTmy art
Old 11-15-2017, 08:39 PM
Fan Forum Star

new thread
http://www.fanforum.com/f134/glbt-15...else-63199314/

The worst thing in your life may just contain the seeds for the best things to begin to grow.
Closed Thread   Post New Thread