Graphics Team Manager

That's great I haven't got mine yet but when I do then such a hard choice
you've got, you might win this round but you can't keep me down
Chelle » join gtmy art
 ↳ nciskellycarrie
Old 09-14-2017, 06:52 PM
Fan Forum Hero

Australia rugby team same-sex marriage spat

I can't believe I forgot to post this yesterday!

I can't seem to post the images, but gotta love David Pocock.
Old 09-18-2017, 06:15 AM
Elite Fan

Moderator of ...
Video Games

The 'NO' campaign goes from bad to worse to just go away already!!! They are giving death threats to people on Twitter who agree for 'Yes' they are still spouting fake lies about unrelated things they ASSUME will AUTOMATICALLY become law after this without proof (it is all lies.) The liberal party (ironic name for our ultra-conservative party who are in power in Australia) and are in charge of wasting $155000000AU on this debacle of a VOLUNTARY vote that can be intercepted and stolen with ease as it is sent to your letterbox, people have been selling their votes online, others have been able to see the answer THROUGH the supplied envelope to post it back to be counted so if you are a redneck NO voter in the post office, in theory you could HOARDE the YES votes and throw them in the bin...... After all this BS, the liberal (conservative) government who are in power and considered this being the best way to sort this out rather than a FREE VOTE IN PARLIAMENT can STILL choose to ignore the YES vote EVEN if it gets 100%.......... they all just need to nut-up and do a free vote - that is ALL!!!

I even saw on my drive home from work today about 6 people in hi-viz fluro vests on a bridge waving signs that say 'You can vote NO' (I flipped them the bird as I drove under the bridge......)

Also, the amount of young people under 25 calling the Suicide Prevention Hotline in the last week who are LGBTQ has skyrocketed to 20% more than normal......

Yeah, this is such a GREEEEEEEEAAAAAT way to do this Malcolm Turnbull! Let's vote this idiot out already! I did vote against him last election. Same with the local W.A election which was the BIGGEST EVER landslide AGAINST the Conservatives in W.A who had been in power for a very long time ruining the state. Thankfully they are gone (for now.....)

Last edited by Camibra; 09-18-2017 at 09:53 AM
Old 09-18-2017, 04:05 PM
Fan Forum Hero

I would think such behaviour would only help the YES camp, no?
Old 09-18-2017, 07:09 PM
Graphics Team Manager

Unfortunately no, i don't think it is helping

I'm not surprised about the suicide hotline but at least they're getting help & not doing. Hopefully no lives are lost over this i know just going on FB makes me feel sick to read/see hate

I wish Malcolm Turnbull saw the mess he's made but i don't think he does or if he does i don't think he cares
Chelle » join gtmy art
 ↳ nciskellycarrie
Old 09-18-2017, 07:54 PM
Part-Time Fan

OT: Do you guys consider someone who's attracted to transgenders gay? I'm a male but would never go for another male in appearance, but I'm attracted too Male>Female trans women. Not crossdressers though.
Old 09-19-2017, 12:08 AM
Graphics Team Manager

That's not OT, that's just a new subject

No i wouldn't but sexuality is subjective/personal so it doesn't matter what others believe. Only you can truly know what you are or decide what you want to identify as

What you're attracted to is a trans woman (someone born male but identifies female), right? So that'd still be female you're attracted to in my mind. If anything you might be bisexual, pansexual, or polysexual if you're attracted to women & trans women but even then i'd still say heterosexual personally. Up to you to find the label which fits if you want one. Have you ever heard of the Kinsey scale? On it there's things like 'Predominantly heterosexual, only incidentally homosexual' & 'predominantly heterosexual, but more than incidentally homosexual' which you may also feel fits
Chelle » join gtmy art
 ↳ nciskellycarrie
Old 09-19-2017, 02:06 AM
Part-Time Fan

Yeah I'm only attracted to women and men that are living as women. I guess it really doesn't matter about labels though as long as it makes me happy.
Old 09-19-2017, 02:24 AM
Graphics Team Manager

That's what I think about labels, yes You just need to be happy with yourself & if you want a label whatever you feel fits you the best should be what it is
Chelle » join gtmy art
 ↳ nciskellycarrie
Old 09-19-2017, 05:00 AM
Elite Fan

Moderator of ...
Video Games

There is also this...

Gay marriage: What to do if your same-sex marriage survey is stolen
Old 09-19-2017, 05:10 AM
Graphics Team Manager

If you don't get one you can request a new one & sounds like no one can steal yours & vote no & have that invalidate yours which is at least something. Then once the mail period is over no one would know (in theory) what mail boxes to be checking to see if there is a new one to steal again. People should just leave things alone though

Personally I'd just like to receive mine

I think this is good advice for anyone struggling with the hate
Chelle » join gtmy art
 ↳ nciskellycarrie
Old 09-19-2017, 01:18 PM
Fan Forum Hero

If Ireland can vote in favour of same-sex marriage, then I find it hard to believe Australia will go against.

Granted, I don't know much about the local experience, culture, etc. But, aside from the treatment of asylum seekers, Australia has always seemed very modern and progressive to me.
Old 09-19-2017, 03:58 PM
Graphics Team Manager

Eventually Australia will have marriage equality. The main issue is that the people in power don't want it to happen. I was reading last night that if the no votes are the majority then the Liberal party won't vote on it again in this term or the next term if they get in again at the next election. So that could be it remaining illegal until something like 2024 if I remember correctly
Chelle » join gtmy art
 ↳ nciskellycarrie
Old 09-19-2017, 06:05 PM
Fan Forum Hero

Fortunately, it's not up to your elected officials, right?

And, let's face it, they can say it'll be illegal until 2024 if it doesn't pass this time, but laws that are made can be unmade.
Old 09-19-2017, 10:15 PM
Graphics Team Manager

It is up to them, they have to agree to change the law. If the vote is a no majority the PM is saying it won't be brought to parliament again in this term or the next if his party remains in power. Things can change, but that's just what i read that had been said
Chelle » join gtmy art
 ↳ nciskellycarrie
Closed Thread   Post New Thread