Fan Forum
Remember Me?
Register

Request a Forum   |     View New Forums

Reply   Post New Thread

Old 06-07-2018, 05:57 PM
Elite Fan

I've always needed glasses since I was a toddler because of my vision being so bad, but it's not as bad because I do have a choice because I also wear contacts as well, but that's another story. Anyway I got new glasses last year, I like them and they are dark because I think they fit my complexion better then lighter ones and they are also quite simple.
Old 06-07-2018, 06:48 PM
Fan Forum Star

Good for you.

I've been avoiding my past-due optometrist appointment because I have a feeling I'll be needing new glasses. I don't love my glasses exactly, but my eyes are too dry for contacts, so I went for the glasses that didn't stand out as much, you know?
sunnykerr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-07-2018, 08:09 PM
Elite Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by sunnykerr (View Post)
Good for you.

I've been avoiding my past-due optometrist appointment because I have a feeling I'll be needing new glasses. I don't love my glasses exactly, but my eyes are too dry for contacts, so I went for the glasses that didn't stand out as much, you know?
Yeah and well I've had contacts since I was a kid so I'm used to having them, but then again it's also been years since I've had them too so my eyes have had to get used to wearing them again. I hate the eye doctor, but I had to get my eyes checked because it had been years since I had an appointment and my eyes being the way they are I never know if my vision was getting better or worse.
Old 06-09-2018, 09:58 AM
Fan Forum Star

I don't mind the eye doctor at all. It's the price of new glasses that's keeping me away.
Old 06-10-2018, 10:29 AM
Fan Forum Hero

^ so much that. What's the point of getting my eyes checked when there is no way possible I can afford glasses/lenses.

Kim
There You'll Be is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-10-2018, 11:40 AM
Fan Forum Star

I need glasses now and waiting on mine to get finish in the factory.

I was in my new house placing daydreams
-------Patching up the crack along the wall
→ Jessica | creative dream
meraki is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-10-2018, 06:27 PM
Fan Forum Star

I should save my money for mine.
Old 06-20-2018, 04:53 PM
Fan Forum Star

We had professional pictures taken at work and, because you can see the flashes in my glasses, the photographer will photoshop my eyes back into my glasses without the glare of the flash?

I'm not sure I'm explaining right. I don't know how that's going to look...
Old 06-20-2018, 05:10 PM
Fan Forum Hero

I remember when my brother who wore glasses brought home his school picture which he was saying would have to be a retake. So I pulled out the picture from the envelope and immediately threw back my head and laughed so hard! cause the flash ended up looking like stars right where his eyes were so he had stars for eyes literally! I think I might have hurt his feelings just a little bit cause he probsbly didn’t expect I’d laugh that hard at how he looked. But I still remember it and kinda wish he kept a copy just for fun!
Old 06-20-2018, 05:32 PM
Fan Forum Star

I think we four-eyes have pretty thin skins when it comes to how those glasses affect our appearance.

I mean, I'm sure some are better at it. But, yeah, I kinda get why your brother was a bit hurt there.
Old 06-20-2018, 09:03 PM
Master Fan

There's a website called Zenni, where you can give them your prescription inforamtion, upload a picture of you and "try" on the glasses to aee how they would look based on your picture then order. Super inexpressive! Frames range from 6 dollars to 35 dollars.
Old 06-21-2018, 04:44 PM
Fan Forum Star

Frames are not what's expensive, though. I mean, $35 is very affordable indeed, but it's the lens that goes in them that costs an arm and a leg.
Old 06-23-2018, 11:44 AM
Fan Forum Star

We had professional pictures taken at work and the phographer was going to photoshop around my glasses to take out the glare of the flash... Only he forgot to put back my face in! Inside one of the lens of my glasses, it's white (as in the background) where my face should be!!!

Apparently, he's supposed to work on that. (I'm not in direct contact with him.)
Old 06-23-2018, 12:49 PM
Fan Forum Hero

I had to laugh picturing that. (Pun intended)
Old 06-23-2018, 01:01 PM
Fan Forum Star

I'm glad it's amused someone.

It's obviously not the end of the world. But I hate to see myself in pictures enough as it is, that didn't help.
Reply   Post New Thread