Fan Forum
Remember Me?
Register

Request a Forum   |     View New Forums

Reply   Post New Thread

Old 07-02-2018, 08:47 PM
Fan Forum Hero

No, I don’t really cook due to lack of oven or space for a lot of prepping. I do have an induction portable burner to cook soup in a pot or fry eggs in a pan though. I did buy a instant pot but I left it at my moms place cause I’m wary of the steam shooting up in my low ceiling place and when she makes stuff in it, she calls me over for dinner

My cooking is only by toaster or microwave.
Old 07-02-2018, 09:03 PM
Master Fan

I'm not a fan of Veggimite.
Old 07-03-2018, 04:30 PM
Fan Forum Star

^ I've never had any, but when I tried to go full vegetarian, a lifetime ago, the only real alternatives for someone allergic to all nuts/tree nuts were legumes and some sort of loaf made of legumes. I got pretty sick of both very quickly.
sunnykerr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-08-2018, 05:57 PM
Fan Forum Hero

I never had vegemite but I don’t think I’d enjoy it.

I don’t mind eating vegetarian meals, but I do like some good meat regularly.

Right now, I’m kind of sick of my frozen entree dinners, there is only so much selection, I crave homemade meals I don’t get anymore.
Old 07-08-2018, 07:14 PM
Master Fan

Veggimite is a salty paste of mess.
Old 07-09-2018, 08:11 AM
Fan Forum Star

Leanne, it sounds to me like you're ready to start cooking. I know you don't have a lot of room to do it, but neither did I went I started. Heck, I don't have a lot of room now either. But when you're sick of what you have... time to try something else, right?
Old 07-27-2018, 07:30 PM
Fan Forum Hero

I don’t really have a cooking space in my place. But if I do plug in my hotplate, I can only use it on the living coffee table and will have to keep my cat from getting in my way. I’d get a portable convection toaster oven if I had a place to put it or use it without blowing a fuse!
Old 07-28-2018, 10:21 AM
Fan Forum Star

That sounds so odd to me... Like, I have very little space, but I do have a kitchen.
Old 07-29-2018, 11:25 PM
Fan Forum Hero

I don’t have a full kitchen there is only one kitchen in the house and it’s upstairs in SIL’s zone. I have a fridge and a microwave in the laundry room for my “kitchen”.
Old 07-30-2018, 04:51 PM
Fan Forum Star

That's what I understood from your last comments. But, yeah, that still sounds odd to me. I have managed to have an even smaller kitchen than what I have now, but I've never NOT had a kitchen at all. Like, I'm not sure you're allowed to rent an apartment/suite that doesn't have one in Montreal.

But I understand that it is what you have to live with.
Old 08-01-2018, 10:13 PM
Fan Forum Hero

I once lived in a basement suite with a rather large kitchen, I miss it now!

I found a fun article that goes through what foods changed America per decade!

Most Important Dishes That Changed America
Old 08-03-2018, 06:19 PM
Fan Forum Star

Trying to open that article made my Internet connection crash! I imagine they're referenced the United States of America and not the actual American continent, though.

That's okay. I had just enough time to see a picture of a hotdog, though. My hotdog tastes are very basic. I like ketchup, mustard and relish. And I don't eat beef or pork, so my hotdogs are chicken.

You?
Old 11-08-2018, 09:50 PM
Fan Forum Hero

Ok, let’s confirm that sushi bought in the grocery store is no match for sushi made as soon as ordered by an actual Japanese sushi maker with fresh ingredients.

On the rare occasions I eat hot dogs, it’s just usually a toasted bun with ketchup and mustard, maybe some onions if available, but I don’t care for relish!
Old 11-08-2018, 09:59 PM
Master Fan

We have these classes you can pay for all of your supplies and it’s like a week long or something snd you learn to make sushi. I’m wanting to do that aoon!
Old 11-10-2018, 10:49 AM
Fan Forum Star

I like cooking classes.
Reply   Post New Thread