Fan Forum
Remember Me?
Register

Request a Forum   |     View New Forums

Reply   Post New Thread

Old 07-20-2015, 06:18 PM
Fan Forum Star

Well, people are still answering the questions. It's such a great intro to this thread.

It's just a busy board, isn't it? So threads move along quickly.

But, if you want to shift the title a bit, what would you like it to be?
sunnykerr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-14-2016, 10:34 PM
Fan Forum Hero

What foods were you brought up on through your childhood? And do you still eat it today? I was brought up with casseroles (which we don't make anymore and I miss them sometimes cause it was great comfort food), perogies and English food like roast beef dinners with Yorkshire puddings (which we still make and eat)

Is there any cuisine that you have yet to try but would like to give it a go?
U.S. Southern food. When I lived in Vegas. I was introduced to some new foods like butter flavoured grits, biscuits and gravy, taco soup, and I really would like to try the southern cooking menus cause they just aren't common up in BC, Canada.

What foods do you think make the world go round and you want to master cooking it,
perhaps?

Pho, tastes so good! Also, Parisian croissants and bread!

Which foods do you dislike? . Beets, although I discovered that borscht is delicious. Also, no organ meats or jellied or pickled things.

Do you eat a fast good restaurants or do you prefer homemade? . I was raised on homemade food and I do like it best even tho I don't have good cooking ability. But a good restaurant dish can have its unhealthier tasty merits!
Old 12-15-2016, 05:37 PM
Fan Forum Star

What kinds of beets have you had that borscht tastes good to you, but beets don't? I mean, it's been a while since I've had borscht, but I mostly remember an intensely awesome beet-y taste.
Old 12-16-2016, 02:08 PM
Fan Forum Hero

It may not be the beets, but maybe the combination of other vegetables like onions or spices in the broth? that are mixed in with it to create a better flavour than just plain beets do! Food is a mystery!
Old 12-17-2016, 01:08 PM
Fan Forum Star

Fair enough. I'm not about to question another's person taste quirks, because Lord knows I've got my own.

But, who knows, some day you may find that you enjoy beets. Maybe borscht is just your way in.
Old 06-20-2018, 04:26 PM
Fan Forum Star

What's everyone's favourite summer party food?

I have a weak spot for lobster rolls myself. Oh, and corn on the cob, but not the grilled kind.
Old 06-20-2018, 05:01 PM
Fan Forum Hero

I like lobster rolls too cause it’s hard for me to find them here plus no one I know makes them homemade.

I also like cold macaroni salad with tuna in it. That might be my favorite cold meal on a hot day.

Also like tacos for a quick meal. Fruit salad! With whipped cream!
Old 06-20-2018, 05:30 PM
Fan Forum Star

I like whipped cream with fruit, but I'm not a huge fan of fruit salad. It's the "sauce." I don't know why, but I can't seem to get on board.

My favourite "brings me right back to my childhoo" summer desert is to have Cool Whip and raspberries and basically mash the whole together. Then, serve with a slice of angel food cake.
Old 06-20-2018, 09:02 PM
Master Fan

Shrimp Salad here! Plus anything to frill. Grilled Salmon with Veggies. An all time favorite is grilled Pineapple!
Old 06-21-2018, 04:56 PM
Fan Forum Star

Anything pineapple is SO awesome.

We go to Connecticut in about two and a half weeks and I can't wait to have Red Lobster's. Funnily, the seafood is the least of my concerns. I miss those biscuits and the key lime pie.
Old 06-23-2018, 11:58 AM
Fan Forum Star

Anyone big into eating outside during the summer?

I'm not...
Old 06-29-2018, 05:24 PM
Fan Forum Hero

I’m not either cause bees and wasps always get attracted to food! Also, I don’t like flies landing on everything!
Old 06-30-2018, 06:57 AM
Fan Forum Star

^ That! And the winds as well. Napkins flying all over the place, food that goes flying everywhere because it's light...
Old 07-02-2018, 11:30 AM
Fan Forum Hero

Nah, indoors for me! Last night, we had a great family dinner.. grilled chicken kabobs, chicken flavoured rice pilaf, and a chocolate cream pie with a macadamia cookie crust.... yum, everything was so good. I miss having homecooked meals.
Old 07-02-2018, 05:09 PM
Fan Forum Star

You don't cook? Didn't you buy a Hot Pot or something a while back?
Reply   Post New Thread