Fan Forum
Remember Me?
Register

Request a Forum   |     View New Forums

Closed Thread   Post New Thread

Tags Thread Tools
Old 01-13-2014, 10:58 AM
Fan Forum Hero

The Fashion Victims #9: Fashion Changes, But Style Endures (Coco Chanel)

Welcome to the Fashion thread!
The place for fashionistas, shopaholics and everything fashion related! Post your latest bargains, your new purse, your favorite shoes! Discuss clothes, post pictures and most of all: Have fun!

The Fashionistas
#*$@Tessa@$*# (Tessa)
-CherryPixie- (Jen)
aikontack (Lin)
darkangel_alone (Dominique)
diavoletta89 (Carmela)
Emily (Emily)
GracesAngel (Sam)
imanelectricgirl (Teddy)
irune (Irune)
Just Peachy. (Belle)
-Kelly- (Kelly)
kitty_cat (Nicky)
ladyle (Leah)
midwest skies (Iola)
Miranda Leigh (Miranda)
MissAndieWitter (Mal)
NtnLilo (Vanessa)
OPrincessSummXO (??)
S.A.S.H.A.(Sasha)
tav552 (Tina)
Urban~Goddess (Hope)
L i N d $ @ y
ellen-cheerleaderx a
iheartjustinchambers (Nikki)
Sibel
deHavilland (Samantha)

Links
Style.com

Asos.com
Target.com
UrbanOutfitters.com
MissSelfridge.co.uk
Zara.com
H&M.com
Topshop.com
Mango.com
VictoriasSecret.com
AE.com - American Eagle
Karmaloop.com - Urban Clothing / Global Streetwear Culture
birdmotel.com - Beach Girl Online Store
FredFlare.com
GlamourPuss Princess - The Online Boutique For Australasian Fashion
Glamourpuss of Sydney
Wheels & Doll Baby - Clothes to Snare a Millionaire
eLuxury.com
Designer Fashion - NET-A-PORTER.COM
Saksfifthavenue.com
shopbop.com
If you have any other good links, tell me and I'll add them.

old thread

♥ mal
{icon by morgonrodnad}
Old 01-13-2014, 11:46 AM
Fan Forum Star

new thread Thanks Mal

The worst thing in your life may just contain the seeds for the best things to begin to grow.
Old 01-13-2014, 09:23 PM
Fan Forum Star

TFTNT Mal!
Old 01-14-2014, 11:09 AM
Fan Forum Hero

Welcome!

So I ordered stuff from one of my favorite stores during the New Years sale, and everything came yesterday! I even took a chance and ordered a dress the next size down and it fits perfectly. Even though nothing's on sale anymore, I love how the shirt fits so much that I'm going to order it in all the other colors it comes in. That would help add some color into my wardrobe, instead of the usual grey, black, and white (which is the one I got).

♥ mal
{icon by morgonrodnad}
Old 01-30-2014, 04:19 PM
Fan Forum Star

^ Sounds great.

I have dark brown hair. I know purple and teal looks good - but what about wearing something yellow? I just love the color... curious what you all thought?
Old 01-30-2014, 05:16 PM
Fan Forum Hero

It depends on your skin tone, I think. And the shade of yellow. Also, how you plan on wearing it.

In my opinion, it's easier for people with brown hair to wear it, regardless of their skin tone.

I received 3/4 of my things I ordered from Ann Taylor Loft today! Again, massive clearance, so I had to take advantage. I'm just waiting on one more skirt.

♥ mal
{icon by morgonrodnad}
Old 01-30-2014, 06:57 PM
Fan Forum Star

Thanks for your thoughts, Mal.

Sounds like you take advantage of a lot of sales. I wish I had the money for sales... hopefully soon. I wanna go shopping.
Old 01-30-2014, 07:20 PM
Obsessed Fan

Last edited by Future husband of Kelly.; 05-30-2015 at 08:15 PM
Old 02-04-2014, 11:30 AM
Fan Forum Hero

Those are beautiful shoes.

Have you guys checked out ador.com? It's really cool. I'm not going to bother trying to explain it when it explains everything perfectly on the site, but I'm basically obsessed. Everything I love in one place. All the trends, bloggers, everything. I am in fashion heaven.

Also, have been in love with Chanel more than usual lately. I'm thinking about getting a Half Moon Wallet On Chain, though I can't decide on a color. All of them are so beautiful.

♥ mal
{icon by morgonrodnad}
Old 02-04-2014, 05:11 PM
Fan Forum Star

Interesting site, Mal.

I like that color for a purse. I pinterested (not even a word. ) of Coco Chanel purses and they are so pretty.

Here are some other purses:

The last one.
Old 02-04-2014, 07:20 PM
Obsessed Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by MissAndieWitter (View Post)
Those are beautiful shoes.
You know good stuff. Here are some old pictures l posted a while back, amazing shoes.

http://www.fanforum.com/71464267-post260.html

http://www.fanforum.com/71485300-post263.html

Ultra highend stuff:
http://www.fanforum.com/71723733-post271.html

A shoe made from frog leather:
http://www.fanforum.com/71742816-post275.html

I don't mind Chanel at all actually, especially some of the clothing. Love the classic Chanel feathers.

The shoes in the front are all handmade by another French maker at a cost of close to $10,000 per pair for calfskin, and the shoes along the back of the poor man's version (factor made version) of the handmades at a mere $1,700. If l wanted a handmade version l would need to fly to France about three times, and given the cost and exchange rate etc it would cost me over 25K...too much for just one shoe for my comfort. If they travelled to my city l would be very tempted to get one pair as a one off.

Many powerful industrialists buy those shoes because they are the most prestigeous shoes in the world. The Russian billionaires love them, and so do the Asian's who own HUGE factories. These people are all into status and boasting rights because they are from communist backgrounds where they never had any luxuries growing up, so they are making up for it by splurging abundant wealth on the world's most exclusive luxury goods.

You want to know just how extravegant the world's leading shoe brand is? Well check this out - shoes with 24K gold painted soles and 18K gold buckles. Plutocrats need only apply - for the Knights of Malta haha.

Last edited by Future husband of Kelly.; 02-05-2014 at 01:26 AM
Old 02-06-2014, 01:48 PM
Fan Forum Hero

It's crazy looking at the extravagance of shoes (and accessories in general) that some of the wealthiest people in the world acquire. The picture you posted, with the two rows, the higher quality in the front and the lesser in the back... I'd still be happy with one from the back row. I can tell the difference, sure, but I'm the type to spend that kind of money on Hermès (would love a Lindy, but I know a Kelly or Jypsière would be more practical). From the money tree that's growing in my backyard, of course.

I love the third pair from the left in the front, though. That's one gorgeous shoe.

Oh! Speaking of shoes, I snagged two pairs from Gilt today. Both from Bloch (they're a dance shoe company that branched out into regular shoes too), both ballet flats, so I know they're going to last. In two colors that I've been keeping my eye out for - grey and navy. The last grey pair I had I ran into the ground years ago and never got another pair, which is surprising, considering it's one of the colors I wear the most of. I never thought I would have to buy a pair of navy ones until I started bringing lots of oxblood into my wardrobe. Oxblood, navy, and lighter greys look fab together IMO. I got a black and navy pair to match my black and navy Sandro blazer. I'm so excited to get them.

♥ mal
{icon by morgonrodnad}

Last edited by MissAndieWitter; 02-06-2014 at 01:54 PM
Old 02-06-2014, 03:03 PM
Obsessed Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by MissAndieWitter (View Post)
I can tell the difference, sure, but I'm the type to spend that kind of money on Hermès.
That shoe workshop is owned by Hermes' and made strictly to Hermes' standards. Only the finest leather is the world is sourced and the shoes are built to the highest quality possible. So in effect these are Hermes' shoes and are indeed the most prestigeous brand possible to buy.

Hermes' are so highend that they employee people at all the best tanneries around the world who do nothing but find the finest leather from the tanneries and send it back to France. They pay big money to get first pickings over any other company, that's why they have a full time employees at these tanneries.

And when it comes to Hermes' alligator handbags they can sometimes cost over $100,000. I saw a Hermes' alligator bag 20 years ago that was $60,000 at the time.

Regarding those shoes above.....if you bought a polo boot made from alligator it might set you back something like $70,000....maybe much more. See, luxury is extremely rare these days and it cost BIG bucks for the real thing. Versace, Gucci, Chanel, L.V etc is not real luxury (the rare couture dresses and clothing excepted), these big label brands are the imitation of luxury sold at high prices to give one the "perception of luxury". Couture is an abused world, most of it is not couture. None-the-less, Hermes' has never diluted their extremely high standards.

Now....these video are an eye opener. If you want to see a peak in the lives of the ultra rich and the extravegant clothing they wear, look no further. You think the celebrities wear the top couture dresses?...these people are beyond even that. These people are usually so highend that they refuse to wear anything that a common old celebrity would wear. These people snub everything, they belong to a highly secret club of which their are only a small number of members worldwide. This video is about snobbiness and decadence to the maximum. Check out this 6 part video series...some of the women who will wear $50,000 - $100,000 outfits everyday of the week, and even go to bed in clothes costing more than a car. As Mrs Carroll Petrie said, "it's haute corture 24/7".

The Secret World of Haute Couture Part 1 0f 6
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Na788nyJ4Ks

The Secret World of Haute Couture Part 2 of 6
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Z9zPW2zhsiI

The Secret World of Haute Couture Part 3 of 6 (Mrs Carroll Petrie makes an appearance at 2:41 onwards - beautifully dressed in haute couture)
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7cBUnQZ_0y4

The Secret World of Haute Couture Part 4 of 6
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ewAo4xoP3E8

The Secret World of Haute Couture Part 5 of 6
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=S6uFYDSE8t0

The Secret World of Haute Couture Part 6 of 6
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_udLX4D7xmU

Quote:
I love the third pair from the left in the front, though. That's one gorgeous shoe.
You have excellent taste and eye, and l am glad you do. Not many people recognise extreme luxury.That shoe is my favourite too.

I feel exactly the same about luxury shoes like these ladies (above in links) feel about clothes, and yes, l do belong to a private highend shoe club where a small number of members gather once or twice a year (Kings, Earls etc are members, but l have never met royal members because they usually are very discreet and have the couture makers visit their castles). I want nothing but the finest on my feet every day of the year, and l do. Here is an example of a private shoe club where all these men are polishing their shoes with highend French champagne:
http://www.fanforum.com/71205384-post232.html

There are various private men's shoe clubs such as the exclusive 100 club. I keep in touch with various members from there and share ideas. Many of us are not snobs, we just like good footwear and to talk privately about it to other members. I've never bought into snobbery or the flash of it all, but their are many snobs naturally who are into status.

Here is some recent quotes l made about my passions for luxury footwear..very powerful words:

Walking in good shoes is close to a divine experience that no other material items could ever match - l enjoy every step l take...highly satisfying and it makes walking an extreme pleasure

and

When l see a really good shoe l don't see the price, all l see is a dream that can come true. Not just a dream come true, but a dream that can last for the next 40 years. You can't put a price on that

And that's exactly what it is...a fairy tale dream come true every single day of the year. I don't believe in doing bad shoes, everything must be a masterpiece. I will even wear masterpieces in the garden because life is too short not too. I first took an interest in good shoes from about 3 years of age (my parents would argue it was much earlier than that), and at age 5 l knew what my destiny was...to own the finest shoes. I kid you not...the dream was set at 5 years old and l never stopped dreaming about owning the world's finest footwear. I was very unique in that way...one of a kind.

Last edited by Future husband of Kelly.; 02-06-2014 at 05:25 PM
Old 02-10-2014, 08:09 PM
Fan Forum Star

Does anyone have anything they really want to buy?

I have 10 dollars gift card for Macy's but there's nothing really to buy for 10 dollars.
Old 03-15-2014, 01:15 PM
Obsessed Fan

Last edited by Future husband of Kelly.; 05-30-2015 at 08:14 PM
Closed Thread   Post New Thread