Fan Forum
Remember Me?
Register

Request a Forum   |     View New Forums

Closed Thread   Post New Thread

Tags Thread Tools
Old 08-12-2018, 07:13 PM
Fan Forum Star

I wasn't supposed to be there all day, but my sister-in-law went out last night and was exhausted, so she took an extra-long nap, so we wound up staying for supper, so that made us be there all day.

My nephew wouldn't go down for his nap, so he was in a mood coming back home. Completely exhausted, I expect, but fighting it, like kids do. My ears are still kinda ringing.
Old 08-13-2018, 12:13 PM
Fan Forum Hero

Oh, that does make for a long day. I'm surprised you guys were able to nap with other people around. Did your brother have fun?

Cranky, tired nephew on what turned in to a long ride home? Does not sound super fun.

Kim
Old 08-13-2018, 05:49 PM
Fan Forum Star

Well, my brother got the ground-floor master bedroom to nap in and my sister-in-law went to the first-floor guest bedroom. I just fell asleep on the tennis. It was one of those things where I was gonna fall asleep regardless of how many people were around. But it wasn't a deep sleep. I woke up as soon as my mother yanked a blanket from under me to cover me with it.

Poor shrimp skipped his afternoon nap and was rudely woken up on the ride home, so I understand why he was cranky. It wasn't his fault.
Old 08-14-2018, 10:32 AM
Fan Forum Hero

Funny, but not, that your mother woke you up trying to make you more comfortable.

Yeah, kids are kind of subjected to the things going on around them.

My cousin and I are trying to figure out a way for me to go visit her while they are camping on the other side of the state, in September.

Kim
Old 08-14-2018, 04:10 PM
Fan Forum Star

My mother always thinks everyone is freezing. Her house is so hot, I fell asleep on the one chair that's in the direct path of the A/C. Hence why I could cool down enough to get comfortable.

So, you know, there was a reason I was sleeping on top of that blanket.

Could you and your cousin meet halfway?
Old 08-15-2018, 10:01 AM
Fan Forum Hero

Mom's are always pretty sure they know what is going on.

We might be able to. I get the feeling she wants me to camp with them.

I'd love being at the beach for a while, but, you know I wouldn't do well staying in a small space with other people-even if I love them.

Kim
Old 08-15-2018, 03:19 PM
Fan Forum Star

Talk to her. Tell her you want to, but that you know yourself and you want it to be a positive experience, so there are certain things you can't do.

That would be my advice.
Old 08-16-2018, 12:39 PM
Fan Forum Hero

You have given me some great advice, all around, from last night.

We've only met twice. Once when I was a teenager, and then again when her and her mom were passing through town a few years ago. It would be nice to spend time with her.

I think you may have been right about meeting in the middle. We could meet in Charlotte, and spend part of the day together...lunch, etc. and then both get back to our locations before dark.

Kim
Old 08-16-2018, 05:50 PM
Fan Forum Star

You're not gonna get on for very long if either one of you is always fighting their own natural instincts just to accomodate the other. Open communication and compromise will prove more profitable over the long run, I think.

Of course, that's not something I'm great at myself.

Today was my brother's birthday.
Old 08-17-2018, 01:21 AM
Fan Forum Hero

It was nice seeing my aunt and uncle whilst I was on holiday this week. They are such lovely people.
Old 08-17-2018, 12:55 PM
Fan Forum Hero

Did you talk to your brother for his birthday, Sunny?

Yeah, I'm not so great at those 2 things either.

Claire, I'm happy you got to see them, and spend time with them.

Kim
Old 08-17-2018, 04:19 PM
Fan Forum Star

I just had a whole therapy session about how much pressure my family's thightness can be sometimes. But it is a strong value with us. All that to say, good on you all, Claire.

I called my brother yesterday, Kim, to wish him a happy birthday. He was at work, so we didn't have an extended conversation. Apparently, my nephew woke him up at 5am that morning. He sounded pretty tired.
Old 08-18-2018, 07:36 AM
Fan Forum Hero

I guess your nephew wanted to be the first to wish him a happy birthday.

Glad you guys talked. I also hope your therapy session helped.

Kim
Old 08-19-2018, 10:06 AM
Fan Forum Star

Yeah, apparently that's a thing. Kids are a bit more "unruly" on special days. The parents in my circle of acquaintances confirmed that similar things happened to them.

Spending yesterday with my mother was kind of exhausting.
Old 08-19-2018, 03:52 PM
Fan Forum Hero

Really? That's funny.

Sorry you got so exhausted yesterday. I'm sure you expected it, but it doesn't make it any less tiring.

Kim
Closed Thread   Post New Thread