Fan Forum
Remember Me?
Register

Request a Forum   |     View New Forums

Closed Thread   Post New Thread

Tags Thread Tools
Old 01-05-2019, 10:54 PM
Fan Forum Hero

I don't know if it would be easier or harder. I'm such a control freak-I'd be stressing about where they were putting things, or how.

Then again, it wouldn't occur to me how easy it is to re-organize, once it's unpacked.

Either way, I hope they are helpful, and can give you a start on the unpacking.

Kim
Old 01-06-2019, 11:08 AM
Fan Forum Star

That's why my mother isn't allowed to help with unpacking.

But, when it comes to books, I will have to resort anyway since my stepdad has appointed himself packer of books and he doesn't understand how I organize them. It's not a problem for me, though.
Old 01-07-2019, 05:07 AM
Fan Forum Hero

I hope that it all goes well. I understand that about your mother. She'd be more likely to put things where she wants them, and how she wants them.

Kevin is having a biopsy Thursday. I'm really hoping it comes back clear.

Kim
Old 01-07-2019, 03:57 PM
Fan Forum Star

I hope Kevin's biopsy provides good news, too. But, bear in mind, they know what to do if it's not, right?
Old 01-09-2019, 07:24 AM
Fan Forum Hero

Thanks for that. Sometimes I forget obvious things, when I'm emotionally involved.

I just now questioned my mother about it, she said she thought she'd told me, that the biopsy is on his liver, because they think his cancer has spread there.

How are things going with your family, and moving?

Kim

Last edited by There You'll Be; 01-09-2019 at 07:30 AM
Old 01-09-2019, 05:32 PM
Fan Forum Star

My family is still driving me nuts, but the end is near, so it can't last.

Did Kevin get his biopsy result? Oh, wait, that's tomorrow, right? I'm losing track of the days here. Sorry about that.

The thing is, though, it's that knowing what's going on with him won't change it. He would still be going through it whether he (or you) knew about it or not. The only difference is that, if the results aren't good, then the doctors can react. Because they'll know it's happening.
Old 01-10-2019, 08:43 AM
Fan Forum Hero

True-you have an end in sight. That has to help, a little. It stinks it's adding to the already stressful situation though.

They went to his appt. for his biopsy today, and they told him they couldn't do it in town. So, he has to schedule an appointment in Asheville. Morons. Why schedule an appt. when you can't do what it's for?

At any rate, you bring up a good point. Thanks.

Kim
Old 01-10-2019, 05:07 PM
Fan Forum Star

So they scheduled an appointment for him for no good reason? That's ridiculous! I guess they knew they were going to make money from him just showing up, huh? I'm so mad for him.

I just snapped at my mother again. She called my cousin to see if she was available on the day of my move, which I had specifically asked her not to do because I hate when my mother pushes an issue. My cousin could call me in her own time.

Then she made an appointment tonight for my cousin to call me. And when I told her I'd be in the shower at that time, she started instructing me to call her right away. And I snapped.

Stop making decisions for me!
Old 01-19-2019, 05:30 PM
Master Fan

After my grandparents passed away and I’ve ended up in urgent care several times this past fall, I long to live closer to my parents. I miss my mother soooo much. I want to hold her in my arms so very much. But picking up and moving my entire life back to my childhood town home is also a scary thought.
Old 01-19-2019, 05:58 PM
Fan Forum Star

That's an understandable feeling.

Personally, though I love my parents, I wouldn't want to live too near either of them. But I'm also fortunate in that they mostly do quite well on their own and there isn't a feeling of emergency there.

I suspect, though, that if you're hesitating, it's possibly because there isn't enough calling you home just yet? I could be wrong, obviously. Impossible to judge a situation from a two-line post.
Old 01-20-2019, 12:41 PM
Fan Forum Hero

That sort of stuff certainly makes us realize people in our family we love may not always be around when we want or need them. But nothing makes an adult want their mom nearby more than when sick and hurt.

I’m an enabler of the idea of living where you’d feel most safe and content and things change. The only thing that would make me hesitate is the question “could I find a job there to support myself to same level I could where I am now?” If so, I’d say do what you feel best.

I’m currently sick and I can’t think what it would be like to not have mom in the same town, she dropped by some homemade food for me yesterday.
Old 01-20-2019, 03:19 PM
Fan Forum Star

My nephew's sick right now. Another ear infection. But, fortunately, since he's had the gromits put in, the ear infections don't hurt him much. He just feels lousy.
Old 01-20-2019, 07:31 PM
Master Fan

^ Hope the little fellow feels better soon.

Yeah, it wouldn't be so easy to move. I have a decent-paying job, a home that I love, and a strong support system of loved ones here. At the same time, if anything happened to my parents, I don't want to carry the thought that I could have done more, been there. I guess, I'll mull over it a bit more.
Old 01-20-2019, 10:58 PM
Master Fan

Spending time with the niece and nephew give me life!!
Old 01-21-2019, 09:50 AM
Fan Forum Star

The thing is, Midnight Radio, what you do or don't do, whatever happens with your parents, you will inevitably feel like you didn't do as much as you could have done. I don't know what the situation is either but, unless they're very close to the end, what you have ahead of you is a marathon.

You can't afford to kill yourself over trying to be there for them. For your own sake, but also for theirs. Because if you exhaust all of your energy now, you won't have any left for everything that's to come.

So take your time.
Closed Thread   Post New Thread