Fan Forum
Remember Me?
Register

Request a Forum   |     View New Forums

Closed Thread   Post New Thread

Old 08-19-2017, 09:11 PM
Master Fan

El&I: OT #39: How Does the Man in the Moon Cut His Hair?

A : He eclipse it

Keep calm and post on.. Title to be determined until Kali can make another joke title

Last edited by Sunrise at Midnight; 08-20-2017 at 12:32 PM
Old 08-20-2017, 01:30 AM
Fan Forum Star

Thanks for the new one.

Yesterday I was in Stockholm and when me and my brother were waiting at the train station for the train to get us home. A old woman fell backwards down the escalator. Her scream when it happened is something I won't forget in the first place (Seeing how the world is now first thought goes to some sorts of attack). But I also won't forget how many people rushed to her side to help her. In the world we living today a lot of people only care about themself (or to scared to to take action), so seeing that so many helping her made me glad that there are some people who still cares about other people. We would have helped too, but there was so many that acted faster then us that helped her.

The woman had got some cuts on her arms and legs when she fell and she also hit her head so she was taken to the hospital to do a check up.
Old 08-20-2017, 05:25 AM
Ultimate Fan

I'm glad it wasn't nothing too serious or scary! I understand what you mean by that, with the state the world is in today it makes sense that our minds goes to terrorist attack when we hear a scream or we hear sirens or commotion.

I hope that woman will be okay and I'm glad there were people there who rushed to help her. I know I'd be too scared to approach the scene, but I would definitely check in on the person as they are being brought to an ambulance.
Old 08-20-2017, 05:55 AM
Fan Forum Star

Yeah, there was few seconds were everything seem to stop before everyone realized what really was going on. It is really sad that it is like this now.

I hope the woman is okay too and she didn't have to stay at the hospital for to long. I would have check how she was too, but two security guards took care of her the whole time until the ambulance came and stayed until they left with her. So she wasn't alone at anytime.
Old 08-20-2017, 10:12 AM
Fan Forum Hero

TFTNT

And it's great that so many people rushed to help!
And even though things seem to be happening all over the world I still believe that most of us live in very safe countries where the danger of being in a car crash is still much much higher than witnessing a terror attack - notthat that is something to wish for but it helps me keep perspective.

avi by neel luvs tony
Old 08-20-2017, 12:35 PM
Fan Forum Star

Lame joke for the thread has been added

I'm sorry it took so long, I was busy being lazy and watched like a hawk by my brother, since my mom and sister took off for prime eclipse viewing. He's hovering like a mother hen

The worst thing in your life may just contain the seeds for the best things to begin to grow.
Old 08-20-2017, 12:36 PM
Fan Forum Star

Lame joke for the thread has been added

I'm sorry it took so long, I was busy being lazy and watched like a hawk by my brother, since my mom and sister took off for prime eclipse viewing. He's hovering like a mother hen

The worst thing in your life may just contain the seeds for the best things to begin to grow.
Old 08-20-2017, 02:40 PM
I am a basketball genius!

Yeah. MSNBC is apparently going to report on the eclipse all day tomorrow. Jacob Soboroff they have down in Madras, OR which is a tiny town near central Oregon, about 2 hours away. I guess it's interesting. I won't be watching it, but have fun if you get to.
Old 08-20-2017, 03:08 PM
Fan Forum Star

I'm sorry you won't get to see the eclipse, Kali.

As for what happened to that old woman in Stockholm, don't ever forget that even though it seems we're seeing more and more of the worst of what humanity as to offer, what is less traumatizing and therefore less reported, is that we're also seeing more and more of the very best of people. Every time there's a tragedy, hundreds of people jump to help in various, different and selfless ways.

And it's also okay if you're first reflex is to hide and be scared. The best (or the worst) of humanity isn't what your body's visceral reaction to something is. It's what happens when your brain has had time to kick in and analyze the situation. Not making the situation worse by crowding a woman who's had a major fright is absolutely the right reaction to have, I think, in this situation.
Old 08-20-2017, 11:42 PM
Fan Forum Hero

TFTNT

Two more weeks left of summer break then it's back to work for me, and I better get ready for big changes this year with new co-workers and everything being re-arranged which I beleive will be for the better. I just don't want them to let us go after this year cause just when things are getting improved, I'd love to keep working in my favorite job.
Old 08-21-2017, 05:28 PM
Fan Forum Star

Crossing my fingers for you, Leanne.

Crossing my fingers for myself, too. It's been non-stop since before Christmas at work. So you'd think I'd appreciate the quiet of last week and this week... but I'm slowly going out of my mind here, trying to invent things to do at work.
Old 08-22-2017, 08:37 AM
Fan Forum Star

I've had a rough time mentally. I swear I losing my mind. After getting that thread moved the other day I burst into tears because it took me so long to remember how. Yup full blown waterworks then I lost my phone, couldn't find it anywhere. My brother found it in the trash can. guess I wasn't paying attention

But the good news is that the end is in sight, 6-8 weeks more then I should be finished.

the kids got back home late last night and were so excited they got to experience totality, but they had to go back to school today so they are really dragging

We got some really cool filtered light here and the temperature dropped. So we had a fun time here too

I hope you get the work experience you want Leanne

Sunny slow work days tend to drag on

Old 08-22-2017, 01:50 PM
Master Fan

Sounds like things are going so well for everyone.

So sorry Kali hope you're better soon!
Old 08-22-2017, 03:31 PM
Fan Forum Star

The other day, I opened the fridge to find a tub of ice cream and the TV remote in there.

None of us ia 100% there 100% of the time. And, Kali, you're "fighting" medications that you need on that front. So be kind to yourself. Emotional outbursts, loopy brain... it's all part of the deal and no one is holding any of it against you. So don't be too hard on yourself, okay?
Old 08-22-2017, 08:18 PM
Fan Forum Hero

It's ok, Kali. I even have problems remembering how to merge threads together or merge things. Every time! at least when your frustrated you can burst into tears, I see that as a benefit, cause I can't do that. No matter how upset I get, I can't do that! So at least you get it out

Tomorrow afternoon is my minor surgery to remove a blocked sweat gland from my shoulder and the worst thing is I'll be awake for it. So I'm looking forward to it. *sarcasm* I might end up while it happens in the doctors office, but I'll survive

Last edited by reason to believe; 08-22-2017 at 08:25 PM
Closed Thread   Post New Thread