Remember Me?
Register

Request a Forum   |     View New Forums

Closed Thread   Post New Thread

Tags Thread Tools
Old 06-27-2017, 09:58 AM
Master Fan

Yay Kali!!

Everything is going good herr. Just ready for the next 3 days of fun.
Old 06-27-2017, 04:49 PM
Fan Forum Star

The problem with four-day weeks is that, inevitably, they're exhausting.

And I lost my umbrella. I'm pretty sure I left it at my brothers, but he says no.

Anyway, so the forecast for the return home after work was for really gnarly weather. So, over lunch, I went and bought a new one. Of course, for the return home after work, there was not a cloud in the sky... but at least now I have an umbrella.

And three new cardigans. Ooops.
Old 06-27-2017, 09:33 PM
Fan Forum Hero

Wow, Sunny, that seems to happen to me all the time. Wanting to buy one thing and unexpectedly leave with a lot more items I didn't pre-plan.

I have 3 more days of work, then a week off, then one Monday then I'm off til September!

No idea what I will do cause I get bored after two weeks vacation!
Old 06-28-2017, 03:35 PM
Fan Forum Star

I haven't had more than two weeks of vacation in a row since... high school, I think. I don't remember being bored. Mind you, I don't get bored easily. Or I do get bored easily, but I just move on to the next thing quickly.

I don't have buyer's remorse about those cardigans, but I really have to think about my budget a little more.
Old 06-28-2017, 10:22 PM
Fan Forum Star

Budgets are a pain

The worst thing in your life may just contain the seeds for the best things to begin to grow.
Old 06-29-2017, 04:34 PM
Fan Forum Star

Tell me about it.

Why are Tasmanian Devils (real ones, I mean) so darn cute?
Old 06-29-2017, 07:25 PM
Fan Forum Star

they are rather adorable

I can't believe that June is almost over

The worst thing in your life may just contain the seeds for the best things to begin to grow.
Old 06-30-2017, 04:08 PM
I am a basketball genius!

I'm glad it's about over. Have a great Canada Day if anyone of you celebrate it. I'll probably catch a movie on Independence Day this year. Around here a big deal is being made of the ban on fireworks in Vancouver, Wa since for so long people were able to light em off & it's 1 of Washington's biggest cities. That law changed this year & now there is a $500 fine fore anyone who risks doing that within city limits. Other smaller cities in Clark County though still allow em to be let off as well of course Portland if people just can't live without lighting off fireworks. Anyway, however you celebrate this time of year have fun!
Old 07-01-2017, 09:37 AM
Fan Forum Star

Quote:
Originally Posted by canflam (View Post)
I'm glad it's about over. Have a great Canada Day if anyone of you celebrate it. I'll probably catch a movie on Independence Day this year. Around here a big deal is being made of the ban on fireworks in Vancouver, Wa since for so long people were able to light em off & it's 1 of Washington's biggest cities. That law changed this year & now there is a $500 fine fore anyone who risks doing that within city limits. Other smaller cities in Clark County though still allow em to be let off as well of course Portland if people just can't live without lighting off fireworks. Anyway, however you celebrate this time of year have fun!
Fireworks were gonna be banned here this year too because of extreme drought conditions but our rainy season started early and it's rained so much in the last 4 weeks, they lifted the restrictions so things will carry on as normal.

Old 07-01-2017, 09:57 AM
Fan Forum Star

Montreal is two horus away from Ottawa, right? So we're having the same weather usually. And, today, it's rainy with a side order of possible thunderstorm. Happy Canada Day!

We were evacuated at work yesterday in the middle of the afternoon. And it didn't last long at all, so you know it wasn't a drill. Some moron in the hotel that's right beside our building probably lit a cigarette inside or something. So we had to walk down the six storeys and into the rain, only to have to come back, like, twenty minutes later.

Whatever concentration/motivation I had was already out the door.
Old 07-01-2017, 04:48 PM
Master Fan

Got back yesterday.

On the first day of my vacation I slipped and fell in a restaurant. Fell on water. Filled out an accident report. Told the manager I was fine. Everything was great didn't need medical assistance, however by Thursday I could hardly put pressure on my foot. Well, there are two locations to this restaurant and we called the first location thinking it was the location we were at, found out we had to call the other location. As I was getting ready my mom was making all the calls. Manager at the location I fell was extremely apologetic. The owner of the restaurant called my mom and she told us where to go in Lake Charles letting us know that the urgent care in Lake Charles was a good one to go to. They were paying for all medical procedures meaning xrays and what not. They also said when I got home if anything needed a follow up with Orthopedic they'd pay. I'm in a walking boot until further notice. My knee went on way, my foot the other. There could be a torn ligament that didn't show up on xrays. Ssoo that was the excitement of my trip. I did win money too, came home with about 350

Last edited by LLamacorn In Training; 07-02-2017 at 11:27 AM
Old 07-02-2017, 09:36 AM
Fan Forum Star

A sprain is, by definition, a tear in a ligament. This is what I found out the first time I sprained my ankle. It's just a matter a assessing the severity of the tear and dealing with it.

Given that there are costs to do all that where you live, Mandie, I think it's pretty cool that the restaurant helped you out with that right away. I mean, I realize it must have been 150% motivated by a desire to avoid a lawsuit, but that's still pretty nice of them to not even hesitate, you know?
Old 07-02-2017, 11:24 AM
Master Fan

Sunny of course! And they were so quick to let me know which urgent care was the best to go to, to let them know if I needed anything and what not.. Even offered to pay my meds.
Old 07-02-2017, 02:17 PM
I am a basketball genius!

That sucks it rained. Hopefully you had a decent time yesterday anyway.
Old 07-03-2017, 02:11 AM
Master Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by sunnykerr (View Post)
Tell me about it.

Why are Tasmanian Devils (real ones, I mean) so darn cute?
So agree!! I'd love to see a real one in person.