Fan Forum
Remember Me?
Register

Request a Forum   |     View New Forums

Reply   Post New Thread

Tags Thread Tools
Old 09-09-2017, 08:43 AM
Fan Forum Star

Dreamers Club #2 ~ What Do Your Dreams Mean?

Quote:
Originally Posted by ByGoneYrs (View Post)
I tell you one thing about my sleep, every night I wake up at the same time 5:17am like clockwork. That was the time my father died, and I have had this happening since he passed in the late 80s....night after night. I can not explain it but it happens!
Well, yeah, that happens too. Your brain gets into the habit of waking you up, like a routine. More often than not, I wake up at the same time around 2am for no good reason. It's just habit.

That's another way to remember dreams, by the way. Don't turn up the lights, just grab a pen and piece of paper and write some key words.
sunnykerr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-09-2017, 11:13 AM
Fan Forum Hero

A large portion of my dream last night was me and some others staying/house sitting an old charming Victorian house with all its interesting room compartments and lots of interesting collection everywhere that I was loving to explore and look at and pretend it was mine.
Also, Gillian Anderson came to visit... she was dressed as Scully, but she tended to smile so I'm thinking it was GA, cause Scully hardly smiles in character.

So dreaming about two things I like, the X-Files and houses with cool stuff to entertain me with my interests.
reason to believe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-09-2017, 06:47 PM
Loyal Fan

Hey that sounds more like daydreaming LOL!!!!
Old 09-09-2017, 10:04 PM
Fan Forum Star

I usually dream about things I'm either familiar with (like old jobs, current job, locations, etc.) or really enjoy (like films, TV shows, book characters, etc.), so it makes sense to me.

I actually love those dreams where you're seeing these amazing "can only exist in dream" houses or apartments. I actually use those dreams to help me with my insomnia. What I do is, when I'm trying to go to sleep, I go back to one of those dream houses/apartments and I "design" them in my mind. I never make it through a single room before falling asleep, usually.

Of course, my problem is staying asleep, whatever.
Old 09-09-2017, 10:09 PM
Fan Forum Hero

I usually wake up feeling impressed that my brain made up impressive and interesting houses in my dreams, I'm always reluctant when I wake up and find out I'm not really there anymore what a shame!
reason to believe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-09-2017, 10:13 PM
Loyal Fan

I will say at times, I have had strange dreams almost nightmares about issues at jobs. Being a Tier 3 IT support and Troubleshooter, I have had to walk into some rather extremely hard issues that have a lot of people looking to have things resolved and then answered "why did this happen". I always look at every issue, as a learning situation. Resolve the issue, and then learn how and why it happened. Then make sure it doesn't happen again, or if it does document it so we know how to resolve it. These happenings in real life can be a nightmare, you can well imagine what they can be in a dream.
Old 10-15-2017, 12:22 PM
Fan Forum Star

I keep dreaming about owning the same several (and I do mean several) dogs. Do you mean that means I may get a chance to own one at some point?
Old 10-15-2017, 01:24 PM
Master Fan

When you dream, do you dream in bright colors?

Some of my dreams are black and white.
Old 10-16-2017, 05:57 PM
Fan Forum Star

To be honest, I sometimes wonder how much I actually see in my dreams, because it feels more like intuitive knowledge than knowledge based on my senses. I know who's in them, I know where I am, I know what the doggies look like, etc. But I don't know how much that is from actually seeing, hearing, etc.

Like, I've been wondering for years if I dream in French, English or Spanish. I literally can't tell.
Old 12-29-2017, 08:59 AM
Fan Forum Star

So I've been dreaming about ice cubes lately, like huge amounts. I have to pick them up before they melt and they are everywhere.

I looked it up...

Quote:
To dream of an ice cube melting suggests a time limit on a current situation that you may be feeling pressure to complete. A lone ice cube may suggest that you are not as interested in an idea as you once were but that you may feel shy in expressing your feeling in fear of upsetting another. Many ice cubes rattling around speaks of an irritating person trying to get your attention, keep your cool as they are likely to fade away fairly rapidly.
Interesting

The worst thing in your life may just contain the seeds for the best things to begin to grow.
Sunrise at Midnight is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-29-2017, 05:34 PM
Fan Forum Star

Funny. I mean, not hilarious, but funny. It's hot where you are and you're dreaming of ice cubes.

It's freezing like you can't imagine here and I had a dream of escaping a mega-massive fire last night. Didn't make me feel warmer, mind you.

According to Chinese philosophy, it means I'll be lucky and haven't lost hope in romance. Which... apparently my subconscious knows something that my conscious mind doesn't, if that's the case.
Old 12-30-2017, 06:14 AM
Fan Forum Star

Thats cool in a odd way that we had fire and Ice dreams

The worst thing in your life may just contain the seeds for the best things to begin to grow.
Sunrise at Midnight is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-30-2017, 06:54 PM
Fan Forum Star

One of those synchronicity thing.
Old 01-02-2018, 03:19 PM
Fan Forum Hero

I haven't been remember most of my dreams lately because the paxil I was taking was contributing to that..

But I had a thought the other day, does anyone else have a dream where, for whatever reason, you are really angry at someone you know, then after you wake up you're still mad at them? Even though they did nothing

That does seem really weird.
Collins is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-02-2018, 04:57 PM
Fan Forum Star

That happens to me all the time.

Just a couple of days ago, I had a dream in which my mother was... well, her usual "can't hear you, can't hear you, we're doing it my way even though it has nothing to do with me" way. Which pissed me off no end in the dream, and I woke up pretty annoyed at her.
Reply   Post New Thread