Fan Forum
Remember Me?
Register

Request a Forum   |     View New Forums

Closed Thread   Post New Thread

Tags Thread Tools
Old 09-20-2017, 11:02 AM
Fan Forum Star

The worst part is that they didn't even leave them a chance to run to survive, they left then tied up and in locked cages to be drowned by storm surge and river flooding. We were given as an entire state more than enough preparation time to ask for help with pets. they actually had organizations willing to help and come get you and your pets, for free. Heck even our state fair grounds opened up free of charge f to people with horses and other livestock. as much as it sucks, I could understand if it was only a day's notice but with as much time as we were given. I just glad people went looking and found them.

The worst thing in your life may just contain the seeds for the best things to begin to grow.
Old 09-20-2017, 04:46 PM
Fan Forum Star

Well, some people are just awful. That happens, too.

I just meant that you have good pet owners, ignorant pet owners and people who don't deserve to be let near pets.

Ignorant people can be educated. Mean people will always be mean.
Old 09-21-2017, 05:37 AM
Fan Forum Star

That's the truth!

I'm glad that our state started a animal abuser registry, like with sex offenders so they can't go adopt pets. especially during our the free adoption events.

The worst thing in your life may just contain the seeds for the best things to begin to grow.
Old 09-21-2017, 06:28 AM
Fan Forum Star

And, not to go way too dramatic here, but everyone knows that people deliberate mistreatment of animals can be a precursor to mistreatment of humans.

So, even though I don't think it should be the only reason to keep such a register, that alone should help everyone understand its importance. Even morons who don't understand that pets deserve to be treated well.
Old 09-21-2017, 06:30 AM
Fan Forum Star

exactly!

Old 09-21-2017, 06:55 AM
Fan Forum Star

I hope registers like that pop up everywhere. And that they share information across state/country borders.

Watching a Too Cute episode on Animal Planet right now. Puppies are the best.
Old 09-21-2017, 06:59 AM
Fan Forum Star

That would be awesome, they already followed other states in allowing people to break car windows to free animals in hot cars.

aw puppies with big feet are the cutest!

Old 09-21-2017, 07:48 AM
Fan Forum Star

The breaking windows on hot cars is just a no-brainer. You leave a living creature inside a car, you're asking to get your windows broken as far as I'm concerned.

I think all puppies are adorable. They all pretty much start looking the same, I find. It doesn't take too long before differences start emerging, but at first... it all looks the same to me.

My favourite bit is when they show the puppies nursing on Mom and they're upside down, stepping all over each other, teeny tiny paws moving in the air and their tales wagging like mad. Oh, and the little snuffling noises they make.
Old 09-21-2017, 07:50 AM
Fan Forum Star

yup, there isn't much that's not cute about puppies

Old 09-21-2017, 08:13 AM
Fan Forum Star

There is one thing, but I won't bring it up. It's kinda gross. But it's easy enough to ignore and focus on the overall adorableness.
Old 09-21-2017, 03:22 PM
Fan Forum Star

Yeah lets pretend there are no icky parts

Beast is sheading like crazy

Old 09-21-2017, 05:36 PM
Fan Forum Star

Is it the season? I know most dogs "blow their coat" about twice a year. And this is something I learned from TV since, even though I grew up in a family full of dog owners (mostly German shephars and Labs).

Because why?

Because all I remember hearing on the subject of shedding is variation on the theme of "don't worry, we vaccuumed before you got here," because my dad was/is allergic and the assumption was (on account of my asthma) that I was as well.

Guess what? I'm not allergic!
Old 09-22-2017, 05:16 AM
Fan Forum Star

I don't know if it's triggered different down here with seasons or what not but Beast only tends to shed really bad in the spring/ summer and grows a thick a winter coat so to speak in the what should be our colder months.

I just know the past two days we have swept up, vacuumed and brushed off enough hair to make two more of him I've never seen him shed this much before.

I'm going to order one those skeelez razor grooming things.

Old 09-22-2017, 11:20 AM
Fan Forum Star

Maybe he's stress shedding? Okay, bad joke because you guys had genuine cause for stress of late.

I think, I can't be sure because (again) all I know about this I learned from TV, but I think dogs in warmer climate shed the same way since their fur helps insulate them from the sun also.

Either way, it can't last forever, right? There's only so much hair he can shed. Meanwhile, my brain has just caught on to the grooming tool you want to buy today.
Old 09-22-2017, 12:33 PM
Fan Forum Hero

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sunrise at Midnight (View Post)

I'm going to order one those skeelez razor grooming things.
I saw that in the other thread. Tell me how it is once you get it? :p My dog leaves fur EVERYWHERE! I have to vacuum sooo much even after I brush him for awhile.
Closed Thread   Post New Thread