Fan Forum
Remember Me?
Register

Request a Forum   |     View New Forums

Closed Thread   Post New Thread

Old 05-23-2004, 08:48 AM
Addicted Fan

Diet/Excercise Thread #6 Because being healthy is what it's all about!

We reached 250 on the other thread so I decided to start a new one. Hope no one minds.

So what's on your meal plan today?
as I watch the walls descend
as I watch the walls descend like stars
Old 05-24-2004, 11:44 AM
Obsessed Fan

Yesterday I went to the Blue Bayou at Disneyland (I have the best annual pass so I go like every weekend, this weekend I went twice) and I was trying to be good all day. I had coffee and an apple before I went, that was it all day. So I went in thought "If I get soup and split a tiny dessert I should be okay". Then the bread came and I was so hungry that I attacked that, then the soups they had were either spicy gumbo or clam chowder, so I had the chowder. Then my friend only ate a tiny part of the dessert and I can't leave food I pay for (especially at expensive places) and then later on that night we were so hungry we split a chicken burger at Denny's. I ate 30 points worth. I only exercised maybe 3 points worth. So bad!

Today it is special K, coffee, salad for lunch and dinner.
Old 05-24-2004, 04:22 PM
Addicted Fan

30 points worth? Are you doing Weight Watchers?

I know how you feel about the bread. It's just too tempting. All I know is this week I've been doing good. But friday I'm pigging out. I'm going to House of Joy and having me some General Tso's Chicken!
Old 05-25-2004, 07:14 PM
Dedicated Fan

hey im an aussie,
I love to swim every day i swim around 2kilomoters. what other type of exercise does everyone else enjoy?
Old 05-25-2004, 07:57 PM
Fan Forum Hero

Quote:
Kick-Start: stage one

While health experts offer an endless array of weight-loss methods, these plans often take time and, being impatient, we lose hope. Now a new short-term eating plan may help people who are overweight to kick-start their weight loss.

Below you will find the recipe and seven-day eating plan for stage one of the Kick-Start Soup Diet. At the bottom of the page you will find links to the complete Kick-Start plan.

*The information in this fact file was updated on August 4, 2003.

The Kick-Start Soup Diet recipe
(Makes enough for one person for two days.)

INGREDIENTS

3 tomatoes
2 large cans of crushed tomatoes
2 cans of liquid stock (beef, chicken or vegetable)
2 cups of water
1 packet of vegetable or French onion dry soup powder
1 bunch spring onions
1 bunch of celery, including leaves
2 cups of green beans
3 green capsicums
1kg carrots
2 stock cubes (chicken, beef or vegie)
METHOD

Chop all the vegies into small pieces and put them in a big pot with the remaining ingredients.
Add salt and pepper (not too much salt).
Boil rapidly for two minutes and simmer until it's nice and tender.
If you want it thinner, add a bit more water.
Have as much of the soup as you want, whenever you want.

Seven-day eating plan

The quantities recommended are per day.

Avoid toast and cereal for breakfast while on this plan. Stick with the recommended foods for each day.

You should only follow this seven-day eating plan for a maximum of three times in six months.

DAY 1. SOUP AND FRUIT: Eat any fruit except bananas because they are high in kilojoules. Eat as much as you want. If you don't want soup for breakfast have a fruit salad instead.
DAY 2. SOUP AND VEGIES, NO FRUIT: Eat as much fresh, raw or lightly steamed vegies as you like. Leafy greens are great but avoid peas, corn and beans as they are high in sugar. Reward yourself at night with a jacket potato, a little butter or better still, some yoghurt.
DAY 3. SOUP, VEGIES AND FRUIT: Eat all you want but no potatoes.
DAY 4. SOUP AND BANANA SMOOTHIES: Make a banana smoothie with low-fat or skim milk - it's a great source of potassium. Have a maximum of three large bananas per day.
DAY 5. SOUP, BEEF AND TOMATOES: Eat a piece of lean beef or a skinless breast of chicken no bigger than a deck of cards with six luscious tomatoes. Vegetarians can substitute tofu. These quantities are per day. You can go easy on the soup today.
DAY 6. SOUP, BEEF AND VEGIES: Eat plenty of beef (or skinless chicken or fish) and vegies today. Again, vegetarians can substitute tofu. You mightn't need soup as much but your body will tell you. No potatoes.
DAY 7. SOUP, BROWN RICE, VEGIES AND FRUIT JUICE: You might need more soup today.
Remember: do not eat any bread, fried foods or oil on the seven-day plan.

Drinks

While on the plan, do not have any soft drinks or alcohol.
You can drink unsweetened fruit juice or cranberry juice; black, green or herbal tea (you can have skim milk with black tea); coffee; skim milk and plenty of water - six to eight glasses a day.
Side effects

Because you're not consuming many carbohydrates, some may find the glucose in their bloodstream becomes too low, causing hypoglycaemia.
This can cause a range of symptoms, such as headache, sweatiness, anxiety, irritability and drowsiness.
Don't worry, it might sound awful but it's easily fixed.
Have a sandwich with whole-grain bread, a slice of low-fat cheese and a bit of ham but no butter or margarine. Vegetarians can try a low-fat cheese and tomato sandwich. But only have a maximum of one sandwich per day.
If these symptoms occur repeatedly consult your doctor.
Stage two

So what happens if you haven't cheated?

By the end of the seven days you may have lost as much as 4-6kg, if you haven't put on those walking shoes and gone for a daily walk you won't have lost as much.

If you lose more than 6kg on stage one do not attempt this stage again for a few months. Go on to stage two.

You should only follow this seven-day eating plan for a maximum of three times in six months. Once you've reached this maximum take six months off the plan and follow the low-GI program.

Once you've completed the seven-day eating plan it is time to move on to stage two - a long-term, low-GI eating plan.

Before starting any new eating plan you should consult your doctor to see if it is right for you, particularly if you are taking any medication.
more links page.

They say that if you drink straight skim milk, a glass a day, you will lose weight I started yesterday
Old 05-26-2004, 06:43 AM
Addicted Fan

I also love to swim and I love the elliptical.
Old 05-26-2004, 08:02 AM
Loyal Fan

I like pilates pretty well...that's probably my favorite. You do see a difference pretty quickly I think. My problem though is diet related - soda in particular is my downfall.

Has anyone tried the slim fast drinks? They do not work for me - that is just an extra 210 calories (or whatever they are) because I don't find them filling at all. Also, you can't really take a multi-vitamin when you are on them so ...another negative.
Old 05-29-2004, 05:22 AM
Fan Forum Hero

Quote:
Originally posted by summerbug
Has anyone tried the slim fast drinks? They do not work for me
I heard they don't work it's a waste of money to me
Old 05-29-2004, 08:39 PM
Loyal Fan

I wouldn't like to use meal replacements like Slim Fast. Its so much better to be eating good, solid, fibrous food instead of liquid vitamins. And they taste even worse than celery (which I would gladly eat after trying one of those)!

Thanks for the soup recipe, Justagirl! I might try that to clean out my system from all the junk I've been eating. I blame exam stress, though that's a weak excuse!
Old 05-30-2004, 11:11 AM
Obsessed Fan

Quote:
Originally posted by eruvue
30 points worth? Are you doing Weight Watchers?

I know how you feel about the bread. It's just too tempting. All I know is this week I've been doing good. But friday I'm pigging out. I'm going to House of Joy and having me some General Tso's Chicken!
I am a weight watchers person. I am having issues though. I like eating the bad stuff that take up all my points and then get hungry later on. I am also having the "pigging out day". Saturdays are so hard for me to be good.
Old 05-30-2004, 04:53 PM
Extreme Fan

I've tried the slim fast drinks and about made myself sick on them, they are so disgusting. I also tried Weight Watchers and did fine with it for awhile, but just like with any other diet eventually gave up on it and gained all my weight back. GRRRRRR...I need to have more motivation or something to stick with this crap.

"I'm Raggedy Ann in a Barbie Doll world!"

*Thanks Tina for the Icon*
(Click on Barbie Doll to see her awesome work)
Old 05-31-2004, 04:35 PM
Extreme Fan

Quote:
Originally posted by ~*~Di Di~*~
I've tried the slim fast drinks and about made myself sick on them, they are so disgusting. I also tried Weight Watchers and did fine with it for awhile, but just like with any other diet eventually gave up on it and gained all my weight back. GRRRRRR...I need to have more motivation or something to stick with this crap.
Hi Di Di, yeah the thing is to find some type of exercise that you like doing.. then just eat everything in moderation--especially sugar.
drink lots of fresh juice and water.

lemon juice with grated ginger, dash of cayenne and honey can help one lose weight by boosting your metabolism.
you just need to drink this the first thing int he morning before eating anything else..then wait 30 min to 1 hour before you take solid food.
eat light dinners.. lunch can basically be anything--dinner is the one that should be light..
good luck and more power to u
Old 05-31-2004, 04:41 PM
Extreme Fan

Quote:
Originally posted by SPR Invader Kim
I am a weight watchers person. I am having issues though. I like eating the bad stuff that take up all my points and then get hungry later on. I am also having the "pigging out day". Saturdays are so hard for me to be good.
omg..i have pigging out days too..although not every saturday..usually before the you-know-what-time-of-the-month
i don't know i just really hugry and feel like a stomach is an endless cavern
Old 06-01-2004, 10:24 PM
Obsessed Fan

Quote:
Originally posted by Ai Ninjai
omg..i have pigging out days too..although not every saturday..usually before the you-know-what-time-of-the-month
i don't know i just really hugry and feel like a stomach is an endless cavern
Oh during those days I end up wasting my points on milk, cottage cheese, spinach, red meat, and chocolate.
Old 06-01-2004, 11:54 PM
Extreme Fan

Quote:
Originally posted by SPR Invader Kim
Oh during those days I end up wasting my points on milk, cottage cheese, spinach, red meat, and chocolate.
really? anyone know the explantion behind the pigging out during the time of the month?