Fan Forum
Remember Me?
Register

Request a Forum   |     View New Forums

Closed Thread   Post New Thread

Old 01-04-2004, 03:52 AM
Dedicated Fan

Hi my name is Sammy and I am 17. I have had a pretty good life BUT the last year of High skool I stopped knowing how to deal with my emotions! I was really hurt by a guy I trusted and my friends who i thought were there just didnt seem to care. I lost control of my life for a little while and my "depression" went from being just sad to me not being able to function! I turned to no one and kept it all in! This may sound stupid BUT one day I woke and thought to myself why am I so sad all the time! So I started little I stopped trying to hide the fact that I was sad. See I am the person no one expects to ever have a bad day! I am always smiling so when I was sad I covered it all up with this fake smile. So I stopped doing that. I started doing things for myself and went from little things to bigger things. I am not saying that I am fixed that I dont have bad days BUT I have learnt to deal with the sadness.

Retro - I dont know what its like to have a dad that isnt supportive so I cant pretend that I can help BUT know this if you ever need someone to talk to feel free to email me hey cause I have a friend who is in ur shoes BUT she still has to go through it every now and again! my email is pezprincess28@hotmail.com

Cite Des Anges - I think that sometimes being depressed is worse then having it all the time because usually sometimes depressed just hits you and you dont know what to do!

Crossbow- Thank you for telling your story it shows that people who are depressed can still lead a pretty normal life!

I also think that people have this myth that being depressed is just being sad when in fact it is a lot of different things. I cant pretend that I know all about it But I have experienced it if that the right word to use so i know how much it hurts when you cant open up and let it all out because you are scared of being judged or treated like baby! So thats all i have to say sorry about rambling when I get going I cant stop! [img]smilies/biggrin.gif[/img]
Old 01-04-2004, 07:34 AM
Absolute Fan

Heya i'm new around here, does anyone mind if i join in here?
Old 01-04-2004, 08:20 AM
Part-Time Fan

In the late stages of the last year,my girlfriend (aged 24 ) was diagnosed with MS.I suffer from Addison's Disease so we were told that we,because of our conditions,could not adopt children.

As a couple,our medical history did not make the best generic family ,so we wanted to adopt..

We both got really depressed,but I'm still here telling you the story.I hope that all the people on this thread can get thruogh the kind of feelings that my girlfriend went through,but if you can't........mail me at my sig.

Tim
Old 01-04-2004, 06:08 PM
Master Fan

Alison- What is your username? I'll add you back. If you don't want to post it here, PM me.

Everybody's Fool- [img]smilies/hug.gif[/img] Hi Honey! Listen, I know everyone is telling you not to let your ex to you, but he does...you just have to get him and start enjoying your company alone. Throw a party with yoru girlfriends, We call them 'Glamour parties' wear fancy dresses, shoes, and put on make-up and then take pretty candids of yourself. And then have a binge on pizza and junk food. It's the best medicine.

Hi Sammy! Welcome to the thread, I'm also 17 and in High School. Whenever I told my friends about depression, which was only two. They said "Oh I get depressed sometimes" or "It's a teenage thing." and shrugged it off like nothing's wrong. Nice way to be supportive, huh? I still haven't found one true friend - that really give me a hug or come over to my house when I'm low. I just really shocks me that the only good caring people are online. How can it be so?

Welcome prettylittleroswellian, We don't mind at all. We're here to help you cope with depression...no one is discouraged from posting. [img]smilies/smile.gif[/img]

Tim, that must be horrible not being able to have children because of your health but you need to look at this way. At least you and your girlfriend will be alive and together. Would you want to risk that by having a child? I'm not trying to discourage you but it's a tough situation. I worked at a corporation 2 summers ago, and I made a friend who just got married and wanted to have kids but couldn't because she has a chronic heart condition, and they are looking into adopting as well. There is nothing wrong with adopting, there are tons of children out there who need homes and parents. I'm sure you and your girlfriend would do a great job at being parents!

-*- Journal || LG Media Alerts -*-
Old 01-05-2004, 12:16 AM
Master Fan

I am firefly319 [img]smilies/smile.gif[/img]

I bought some Chromium today, and will start taking it tomorrow... hopefully it works [img]smilies/smile.gif[/img] How long does it take to help with the cravings? Thanks!

Alison

Keeper of Kris Lemche

"You have a boyfriend?" Hunter
"In a non-defined, non-conventional way... Yeah." Brian
Old 01-05-2004, 12:11 PM
Addicted Fan

Welcome to all the new people!

Alison -
For me it started helping right away. I take it right after breakfast, although I don't know if there are better or worse ties of day to take it.
Old 01-05-2004, 01:46 PM
Master Fan

Thanks! I started taking it this morning! [img]smilies/smile.gif[/img] I hope it starts working right away for me too. My body seems to react differently to everything than it is supposed to... but hopefully this will get the job done! I bought some flax oil pills while I was there too... not that it has anything to do with this, but I hear they are good for you.

It is so cold here... it is a good thing that I have no desire to do anything, because it is cold just sitting here.

Anyways... hope everyone is doing well.

Alison

Keeper of Kris Lemche

Old 01-05-2004, 09:54 PM
Master Fan

Quote:
Originally posted by briansluv:
<STRONG>I am firefly319 [img]smilies/smile.gif[/img]</STRONG>
I added you, and gave you shout-out. [img]smilies/smile.gif[/img]

Old 01-06-2004, 02:37 AM
Master Fan

Hey thanks!

Ugh... today was just so cold and miserable... I can't remember really feeling all that happy at all [img]smilies/frown.gif[/img]

-4 here!!! *shivers*

Alison

Keeper of Kris Lemche

Old 01-06-2004, 05:36 AM
Dedicated Fan

Çherié £u£u Yeah it is sad when the only ppl you can turn too are online! I understand how you are feeling I had a friend online I used to tell everything because I never used to have to face him everyday of my life! BUT you know what I also found I have a few great friends online who are just as close to me as anyothers. Its weird you are the same age BUT cool too we should talk hey I love meeting new ppl

Briansluv:Dont let the bad weather get you down i think that rain and feral weather is my favourite time I look to the positive things you get do while its raining! I believe that when it rains it washes away all the bad crap from you so I make a plan to stand in the rain whenever it rains! Do it and like visualise the rain washing away ur problems its not a great fix BUT for a few brief moments you feel free!Also you have an excuse to stay inside and play loud music and let the music suit your emotions. Thats just a thought tho BUT try it out sometime!
Old 01-06-2004, 11:33 AM
Master Fan

Thanks for the advice [img]smilies/smile.gif[/img] Actually, I like rain quite a bit (although even though I HATED living in Georgia, I do miss the warm rain fall)... yesterday was between -11 and like 9 all day. Normally I like cold weather, but that is too cold. Like today, it is 19, but I basically freeze everytime I get out of bed... so I am just staying under my covers unless I have to get up.

I think the biggest thing that is getting to me more and more is that the little things trigger a total over-reaction from me. A joke that I take the wrong way, etc. just sets me off. My best friend said something (I can't even remember what, so it obviously wasn't that important) and I burst into tears. He just sort of stared at me, because he had no idea what was going on. I am just so sad 24/7 and the emotions are so sensitive! *sigh*

Off to stay warm in bed...

Alison

Keeper of Kris Lemche

Old 01-06-2004, 12:20 PM
Absolute Fan

Twizted, you need to find somebody that you really trust or you need to stop worrying about disappointing people and tell your counciler. It's really hard when you disappoint somebody but they will help. Sometimes you have to disappoint people in order to help yourself and in order to be yourself. You can't always please everybody else, in order to be a better person and to get out of your depression you have to help yourself. Find somebody that you really trust and talk to them about how your feeling, I'm sure they are willing to listen. Or try and talk to your counciler, even though your really worried about disappointing her/him.
Old 01-06-2004, 12:34 PM
Addicted Fan

It's sort of the counselor's job not to be disappointed in his or her clients.
Old 01-06-2004, 05:08 PM
Master Fan

Quote:
Originally posted by tinka28:
<STRONG>Çherié £u£u Yeah it is sad when the only ppl you can turn too are online! I understand how you are feeling I had a friend online I used to tell everything because I never used to have to face him everyday of my life! BUT you know what I also found I have a few great friends online who are just as close to me as anyothers. Its weird you are the same age BUT cool too we should talk hey I love meeting new ppl!</STRONG>
Sammy- Chatting would be cool. [img]smilies/look.gif[/img]

The weather sucked today here too...In 30 minutes it went from sunny & windy to sunny & snowing, sunny, then really cloudy & windy, cloud windy & Snowing, and then sunny again. I swear it was so bizarre!

Anyway, I went to a friends birthday party on the 27th, and some drama occured between friends and it really hasn't effected me that much until today...I just realized, that if none of us say sorry we could graduate without ever talking again and I don't like that but I don't feel like I should apologise but I don't want to lose the friendships. This whole thing really gets to me. I was reading an article today in a newspaper for teens that said girls are more suicidal because they take everything more by heart - they cherrish friendships more and they get easily upset when something happens with friends. And guys don't really get effected by that. I thought that was interesting.

Old 01-06-2004, 11:10 PM
Dedicated Fan

Çherié £u£u Dont worry to much about friendships I know that sound stupid BUT i graduated 3 months ago and I have stayed in contact with 2 of my friends BUT I have also made more! Friends are really important trust me I know I care for my friends more then I do myself BUT you come to realise that you are going to grow up and maybe even apart and if they are truely your friends they will be there with you every step of the way! It does hurt when you fite with a friend BUT dont say sorry if it wasnt your fault! Freind yeah they are important BUT not if they are restricting you from having fun and being you!

Twizted I used to go see a councillor once a week and I never used to want to tell her when I stuffed up and did stuff i shouldnt have i also didnt want her to judge me or tell ppl about what I was saying! She eventually figured this one out and told me I was basically there to help myself and for her to help so if i wasnt being honest then why go at all! I understand that fear cause it still haunts me today BUT opening up to her was such a release! I once wrote her like 10 page letter telling her everything that was in my head and let her read it and it helped so maybe you should try that!

Briansluv I dont live in that sort of temperature so I cant help with it being so cold BUT maybe if you dressed in like 20 layers you cood go out and just be out! Also crying all the time isnt that bad at least you are letting it out.

I just found out I cant go to the UK cause I dont have enough money and i am so low that i couldnt get out of bed until my friend rang and was like Miss Bossy and ordered me out! But i basically feel like crap and want to hide!Everyone is trying to make me feel better but nothing is working! I am also getting mad cause I just want someone to say nah sam you can go BUT NO so I am getting more mad! And sad [img]smilies/frown.gif[/img] I feel like a jinx hey!
Closed Thread   Post New Thread