Fan Forum
Remember Me?
Register

Request a Forum   |     View New Forums

Closed Thread   Post New Thread

Old 04-27-2004, 12:24 PM
Master Fan

Crossbow - I was on it for about 3 weeks. 1 week 25mg, 2 weeks (or almost) on 50mg.

Ok, I know I'm NUTS. [img]smilies/lol.gif[/img] I took my Lexapro last night and I finally felt tired (which I haven't felt tired for a long time on Z) but I still couldn't sleep very much.. So then this morning I just started noticing that I felt jittery and weird.. I guess withdrawl symptoms. So I took my Z again just a few minutes ago. I guess I'm gonna try taking it in the morning & see if that helps with me sleeping because before I always took it at 5pm. So gonna try this... and hopefully the effects will go away and the good ones will FINALLY take hold.

So I guess the one day off Z and back on Lex shouldn't effect the drug's buildup in my brain, right? Meaning since I just went a day with it it should continue with the good effects coming.. not have to start all over with the side effects.

And should the bad effects already have went away though since I have been on it about 3 weeks.. or was I still in the early stages of the side effects for the 50mg? Seeing as how the 50mg I hadn't been on too long ?

I know this is complicated.. sorry. [img]smilies/lol.gif[/img]

"What we've got here is...failure to communicate"
Old 04-27-2004, 03:20 PM
Addicted Fan

I don't think one day of both will hurt, but if you continue to take both Z and L you are at risk for developing Serotonin Syndrome, which is VERY dangerous.

It's hard to say when side effects will wear off, but three weeks should definitely be enough time to see if the drug is working as an antidepressant or not, and it sounds like it's not. Sometimes they take 4-6 weeks to get to full effect, but you should at least feel an improvement after 2 weeks.

My side effects from Welbutrin didn't start until I'd been on it for 2 weeks, then they lasted about a week and stopped, but Welbutrin is a totally unrelated drug. So I guess there was no point in writing that. Sorry. [img]smilies/tongue.gif[/img]

OK, brain is dead now. Going to dinner.

[ 04-27-2004: Message edited Crossbow ]
Old 04-27-2004, 03:38 PM
Loyal Fan

It's only one persons opinion but I was told to give zoloft 6 weeks. However, I know that it would be a long time to wait it out though if you didn't have to or it wouldn't be the med for you. That's certainly a tough decision Galaxia! Hopefully your doctor will have a suggestion on which med to use or which combination.

I still haven't decided if I will fill my script. I feel so nervous about side effects. I feel like maybe I should try biofeedback first - for OCD. Has anyone tried that? Had success with that?

[ 04-27-2004: Message edited summerbug ]
Old 04-27-2004, 04:16 PM
Master Fan

Thanks both Crossbow and Summerbug - I guess I will wait it out. Hopefully the side effects will go away. I mean I think it's working for depression BUT I feel depressed and at wit's end because of lack of sleep.

If nothing else I guess my doc came give me something for sleep if this is still going on when I go to see him.. I'm gonna tell him about the side effects and see what he has to say - if he tells me that I should switch to something else entirely then I guess I will.

Frustrating though, jeez.

Old 04-28-2004, 04:55 AM
Loyal Fan

i've taken pretty much all of the main ADs (except prozac- bloody doctors, the only one that hasn't had a major 'ooo, it's dangerous' thing and i don't get given it) and none of them did anything noticable for 2 months. it's an absolute pain but them's the facts. Varies a lot between individuals but I've always found if the packet says 'don't worry if you don't notice anything for 2-3 weeks' that'll mean the side effects'll be at their worst for 2-3 weeks and it'll be 2-3 months b4 you notice any definite improvement in mood.

Also i've begun to notice a particullay irratating feature of Effexor which may well apply to seroxat/paxil/paroxitine as well. if you forget a dose you get the nasty 'electric shocks in brain, all over ill thing' the next day. that's fairly easy to deal with. However i think I also get a 'mood' effect as well, only it happens about a week later. almost as if the 'physical' effects have a much shorter half-life in the body than the mental ones.

Tis most annoying 'cause by a week later i've forgotten that i missed a dose and it just seems like i feel suicidal despite the drugs and that they're not working anymore- if they ever did- rather than a missed dose thing. And cause it seems like they're not working i'm more inclined to forget them.

As for the missing SI thread. It's a shame that it's gone. I found it quite helpful. Admited i'd have an almost evangelical attitude to SI. It happens. What's worse is beating your self up about it. There are a hell of a lot worse things we could do. I aplogise for this dusscission having to be on this thread because lots of depressives (most?) never SI and lots of SI's never have depression but there is some overlap and this is the least worst thread i could find

Just as athorities now promote 'safer sex' as well as abstinence, because there's no way they can stop everyone having sex, with all the will, psychatry, drugs etc in the world, people will SI and there is a role for some form of safer SI, as it were, advice. One of the few useful things i've ever been told by Psychatrists is ways to achive the same 'thing' that some forms of SI give some people, without permanat damage. I'v always seen it as nothing more significant than the ocassional G+T some people with have when they get in from a bad day or the recreation ciggie people have now and then. Done 'right' prob has no more damage than either of those recreation drug uses. and in a way i knda miss it now the drugs have 'neutered' it out of me.
ramble over.:-)

[ 04-28-2004: Message edited indium ]
Old 04-28-2004, 06:17 PM
Dedicated Fan

I can't take the pressure anymore. I have 19 days left of my Senior Year until finals - I want to kill myself.
Old 04-29-2004, 04:00 PM
Master Fan

Hey. Im Katie and Im 15 and Im depressed. No one knows that I am, I guess I hide it very well and put a good face on. But about half an hour ago I broke down in tears because I thought some people were taking my best friend away. I guess I broke down because it has happened before by the same people. And most friendships that I have always seem to end with us not really talking much anymore. But my friend reasured me that he would never leave me and that made me feel better but Im still worried that it might happen. Also im very shy and that does get to me as well as I dont feel confident and I let simple little things really get to me.

I guess I just needed to get that all off my chest.

Old 04-30-2004, 08:26 AM
Addicted Fan

Indium -
Yeah, the "brain zaps" aren't terribly uncommon SSRI withdrawal symptoms. I don't get them, but I know other people who do.

Cherie -
It's less than 3 weeks. Closer to 2 nos. You can do it!

girl with no name -
Yeah, I'm shy too. I think a lot of us are. It's not easy. But when you say you always end up not speaking to your friends, it reminds me of things I've read about Borderline Personality Disorder. Maybe you shoudl read up on that.
Old 04-30-2004, 09:11 AM
Extreme Fan

Quote:
Originally posted by Jessica Jaye:
<STRONG>I can't find the Cutter's thread.It's been so long since I last posted there.It's just last month I bought one of those knives for cutting art, I forget the name.And everyday I keep thinking about it.It's been so long since I've cut and now I'm about to.Especially after tonight.I know I shouldn't but I really want to.</STRONG>
I miss it too. i'm not on FF much anymore but if you ever need to vent or anything like that my AIM is TheBlahaa. Its an open invitation for the rest of y'all too.

Idium
I hated that about medications. They did good things don't get me wrong, but the bad seemed to make things much worse.
I guess its normal and it just makes skipping a dose less desirable. It sucks

[ 04-30-2004: Message edited Wiva ]
Old 04-30-2004, 03:10 PM
Addicted Fan

WIVA!!!!
Old 04-30-2004, 04:28 PM
Master Fan

Quote:
Originally posted by Çherié_£u£u:
<STRONG>I can't take the pressure anymore. I have 19 days left of my Senior Year until finals - I want to kill myself.</STRONG>
You'll get through it, Cher. Just hang in there. [img]smilies/smile.gif[/img]

Old 05-01-2004, 07:36 AM
Addicted Fan

OK to start new thread?
Old 05-02-2004, 08:51 AM
Addicted Fan

Hm. Well, I'm doing it. This is post 252, so I'm sure this will be closed momentarily.
Closed Thread   Post New Thread