Fan Forum
Remember Me?
Register

Request a Forum   |     View New Forums

Closed Thread   Post New Thread

Old 12-23-2003, 10:26 PM
Elite Fan

Depression Support #6

[img]smilies/wave.gif[/img] Hey everyone, haven't posted here before but I'm actually seeeing a shrink currently cus I had a near nervous breakdown about a couple of years back and I'm still on the road to recovery. I have to stop school and I'm on a long break now so hopefully, I'll get everything thrash out soon and I can concentate on my studies again.

Nellie - I kind of understand how you feel cus I'm basically just doing well enough to pass my tests and exams, so basically I consider myself an average student though I wish I could have done better. I know my parents would want me to fare better too but if I know I've tried my best then there's nothing more I can do. Though i'm really a lazy person here I would be watching TV instead of studying at times and that's when I know I need to have more discipline. And my mum especially nags at me the most but I think I've gotten used to it by now cus when I think about it, she probably means well but then I do suspect that she has mood swings at times. And then there are times where I feel my family don't understand me at all. So I think it's best if there is someone else you are close to to talk with in these situations or just probably talking to a counsellor would help.
Old 12-24-2003, 12:56 AM
Master Fan

Thanks for starting this!!

I saw the psychologist today. She wants me to start going once a week (beginning the 13th of Jan). Hopefully things will begin to help... who knows.

Alison

Keeper of Kris Lemche

"You have a boyfriend?" Hunter
"In a non-defined, non-conventional way... Yeah." Brian
Old 12-25-2003, 10:39 AM
Elite Fan

Hi everyone. [img]smilies/wave.gif[/img]

steps up to the podium and clears throat....

I'm Nikki and I think I might be heading towards depression. A week ago I lost my grandfather to cancer, he was in his 80's and had a nice long life and was not in pain at the time of his death. I'm a strong Christian person and believe that he's definatly in a better place and I'm honestly not really that upset anymore about his passing but I've been noticing alot of weird behavior in myself since he has gone.

I lived with my grandparents for nearly a year before he died and I am/were close to him and my grandmother. She's going to have to sell her house to make ends meet and I'm just really worried about where that leaves me and especially her and I'm just always thinking about it when there is really nothing I can do for it. I'm currently out of work with no income and that is another worry that I've got. I am unable to sleep due to all these constant worries the past few nights.

I've noticed that I don't have much of an appetite and I'm normally a pretty heavy eater. I appreciate having other family around but when I'm with them, I immediatly want to be by myself or sleep, then when I do get to where I am by myself, I feel guilty and sad about it. I have mostly slept the last week except for going to the funeral and visitation. I don't want to do simple tasks like taking a shower or brushing my teeth or even getting out of my pajamas, I just feel like I don't have the energy for it.

Today at Christmas at my other grandparents home, I felt really upset and jealous because I didn't get the same ammount of presents that other family members do and I'm not a person who really cares about that normally. I also get very upset that other people seem to have moved on and already forgotten about it. It really bothered me at the funeral when some of my cousins and other relatives didn't seem that upset about things and like it was just another day to them.

These are all odd to me cause I'm a normal easygoing person who doesn't get mad at simple things like the above. I just don't understand what is happening to me and if this behavior is even normal for someone going through a death in the family. If somebody has been through it, could you please help?

[img]smilies/love.gif[/img]Nikki [img]smilies/sun.gif[/img]
Old 12-27-2003, 12:08 AM
Addicted Fan

Nikki - I'm sorry to hear about your grandfather. All I know to say is that everyone goes through difficult times. During these times people sometimes act differently than usual. I don't think it necessarily means your are going to be depressed from it. It could, but I think only you can really tell. As for your family not seeming upset.. Sometimes people just don't know how to react to deaths. And many times it hits them differently. Maybe some people are uncomfortable with showing their feelings in public, or maybe they know that he's in a better place so they try not to be too saddened by it. Everyone deals with death in a different way. So what I guess i'm trying to say that.. try not to get too upset with them. I'm sure they are just dealing with his death in a different way and it doesn't mean that they don't care, they just don't know any other way to deal with it. I hope in some way that helps. If not, i'm sorry. I'm not too great on the advice giving.

I have a question... How do you deal with a family member who is really depressed? My mom is, I believe my dad to be, and my sister has been diagnosed with it. I sometimes feel myself becoming depressed too just because i'm around them all the time. I don't know what to say to them or how to act.. And I, myself am so incredibly exhausted. I'm so tired of being around them. I've tried for as long as I can remember to not dwell on things and to not let myself get down or depressed. But now, i've gotten to a point where i'm so tired of trying to have hope and trying to not let it all get to me. I'm just tired.

Any advice would be greatly appreciated. If not, I thank you for reading anyways.

.Z.

[ 12-26-2003: Message edited zales00 ]
"Change can be so constant that you don't even feel the difference until there is one. It can be so slow that you don't know that your life is better or worse until it is. Or it can just blow you away and make you something different in an instant." [LAAH]
Old 12-27-2003, 01:50 PM
Part-Time Fan

Hi everyone. I'm Katie, and I've had depression for a couple of years now. I think I'm fine, thanks to medication, but I still see a therapist. I've had a lot of problems in my life. I'm just glad I'm not the only one here.
Old 12-28-2003, 12:48 PM
Absolute Fan

[img]smilies/wave.gif[/img] Hey guys

*Get's out of her chair*

My name is Mithvingiel and I think I may be on my way towards depression.

Last year in November my boyfriend (whom I was madly in love with) left me without even giving me a reason or letting me know that things between us were over. We'd been have a weird relationship with each other for about a year and half and it was really complicated.

Since then I've changed so much. I've started to shun guys and I'm closing myself off from people around me (not intentionally though) I've become so self-concious about my body that I've tried to harm it so many times. I can't seem to feel good at all about anything in my life and I feel low all the time.

No one takes me seriously when I say that I think I'm depressed and when I talk to them about this they just laugh and tell me I'm over-reacting and that I'm a "Drama Queen".

What am I to do when no one will help me? I'm so messed up at the moment [img]smilies/frown.gif[/img]

I'm getting scared of what I might do next as I've already tried committing suicide 3 times and I don't know if I'm gonna be able to stop next time!!!

[img]smilies/daisy.gif[/img] MITH [img]smilies/daisy.gif[/img]
Old 12-28-2003, 05:00 PM
Passionate Fan

Hi everyone

I'm new and i sometimes feel depressed,it's no big deal most of the time but i do need to talk to someone cuz my friends or my family don't get me they say i have no reasons to feel this way and they're probably right but it's just that i can't help it when it happens [img]smilies/frown.gif[/img]. So i'd like to post here sometimes even though my life is boring ^^

Innocent Venus ~>Transpose-Team<~ One Piece
Old 12-29-2003, 10:33 AM
Part-Time Fan

Quote:
Originally posted by Mithvingiel:
<STRONG>
I've started to shun guys and I'm closing myself off from people around me </STRONG>
Thanks to my dear old dad, I now feel uncomforable around any man who is not around my age, or at least in high school, like me. (i'll be 15 in June). He used to beat the hell out of me when I was little. And he still got visitation rights when my mom left him [img]smilies/mad.gif[/img]

^^ Why I'm going to therapy today
Old 12-29-2003, 06:12 PM
Master Fan

Hey everyone... I just wanted to stop in and say hello. I plan on reading all your posts soon and individualizing my responses, but it will take a bit of time. So for now, hi. [img]smilies/wave.gif[/img]

Alison

Keeper of Kris Lemche

Old 12-30-2003, 12:19 PM
Part-Time Fan

[img]smilies/wave.gif[/img] Hi Alison!
Old 12-30-2003, 02:49 PM
Master Fan

[img]smilies/biggrin.gif[/img]

I am looking forward to starting therapy on the 13th of Jan. Although, a 540 question test about depression is going to be a bit much.

Hope everyone is doing ok.

Alison

Keeper of Kris Lemche

Old 12-30-2003, 02:49 PM
Master Fan

Double post...

Alison

[ 12-30-2003: Message edited briansluv ]

Keeper of Kris Lemche

Old 12-30-2003, 03:44 PM
Part-Time Fan

I've been going to my therapist since I was 7, so I don't do the questions. I'm feeling better emotionally, but I'm sick, so its not that great.
Old 12-31-2003, 10:29 PM
Loyal Fan

*sits quitley in corner with eyes looking twoards feet*
Old 01-01-2004, 02:36 AM
Dedicated Fan

Ever since I was 4 or 5, I started to have Anxeity attacks (like every nite for like 5 years) Then I saw a shrink for like a year and I was supposed to be on the "road to recovery" But 4 years later I took a depression test online and I showed a mild case of depression and I should go see a doctor before I "hurt" myself.....I haven't felt good or "myself" for a year.....so I guess I need to see a doctor [img]smilies/frown.gif[/img]
Closed Thread   Post New Thread