Fan Forum
Remember Me?
Register

Request a Forum   |     View New Forums

Closed Thread   Post New Thread

Tags Thread Tools
Old 10-29-2017, 09:43 AM
Fan Forum Star

You wouldn't be human if you weren't hurt by someone treating you ill.

And it's normal that OCD would complicate depression.

I wish I had great advice to give you both. The only thing I can think of is to recommend that you be kind to yourselves. You both have enough challenges to face without putting yourselves on the list of things to "fight."
Old 11-05-2017, 09:16 PM
Fan Forum Legend

Moderator of ...
Phoebe Tonkin

I finally caved and am going to the doctor hopefully this week sometime. I probably should've never let my OCD get this bad first, but I have... but I'm going to go and see if there's any way to help ease it up a bit.

{taek su mi sun}
Old 11-05-2017, 10:12 PM
Master Fan

Hopefully you get some answers, maybe some techniques to help manage your OCD.
Old 11-06-2017, 12:43 AM
Fan Forum Hero

Quote:
Originally Posted by always protect you (View Post)
I finally caved and am going to the doctor hopefully this week sometime. I probably should've never let my OCD get this bad first, but I have... but I'm going to go and see if there's any way to help ease it up a bit.
I had a lot of improvement after exposure therapy and cognitive behavior therapy. CBT therapists can do a lot of things
Old 11-06-2017, 04:35 PM
Fan Forum Star

I've heard a lot of great things about the effectiveness of CBT.
Old 11-12-2017, 04:10 PM
Fan Forum Legend

Moderator of ...
Phoebe Tonkin

Lately I haven't been able to get out of bed until around two every afternoon. I set my alarm for 11, but I'm so depressed and I don't want to deal with my OCD so I prefer to keep hitting snooze and sleep more. I know my depression is out of hand because it shouldn't take four hours to get out of bed everyday.

{taek su mi sun}
Old 11-13-2017, 11:14 AM
Fan Forum Hero

I've been like that, too, Ashley.

Are you going to get yourself evaluated and put on different medication? Or, be put on medication if you're not already?

I had my depression medicine changed this morning.

Kim
Old 11-13-2017, 06:24 PM
Fan Forum Star

Medication is always tricky. And brain chemistry, which is the cause for depression, is a wonky business. There is no one-size-fits-all solution. And the thing that may have worked for you before may no longer work for completely unknown reasons.

So I raise my glad to you gals. Because it takes a lot of character and wherewhital to stay strong.
Old 11-14-2017, 05:16 PM
Fan Forum Hero

It's such a difficult process. I've been on so many different things since being diagnosed and I can't say anything has been really "the one." :/
Old 11-14-2017, 05:41 PM
Fan Forum Star

And even if you ever find "the one," chances are it won't be "the one" forever. Brain chemistry continues to change all the time.
Old 11-14-2017, 10:30 PM
Master Fan

I have found that I can drop like a hat if I haven't taken my meds. So I've been taken my meds. However if I don't take my meds, then I will wait a day and take them the next day. I'm supposed to be on it twice a day, but it's too much for me, so I do it once a day and that's fine. I feel that twice a day is too high powerful. Also I don't need it everyday. I take it when I need it. I know that medications should be taken everyday, however I know when I feel off.
Old 11-15-2017, 09:34 AM
Fan Forum Hero

^ Yeah, I'm the same way. Although I just have big doses once a day. My doctor is retiring at the end of this month and I've been seeing her for so many years. I'm supposed to see her before I can get more meds though. My main symptoms without the meds is terrible night sweats and this really light headed feeling all day. It's like a crazy vertigo feeling. Only downside I've seen so far to just randomly stopping, but symptoms go away after a week or so.
Old 11-15-2017, 09:34 AM
Fan Forum Hero

I hope you find one that works for you, sooner rather than later, Chris.

I have tried 3 recently, and now we've gone back to the one I was previously on, but at a lower dosage, since I've been off it a while. Medications definitely stop working for me after a while, Sunny.

I'm glad taking one a day works for you. They're usually supposed to be taken every day, to keep the amount in your system the same, but if it works for you to take them when you need them, then I'm glad.

Kim
Old 11-15-2017, 04:53 PM
Fan Forum Star

I would be rather careful of stopping depression pills suddenly or unsupervised. Not that all doctors are great, but we are talking about brain chemistry here. Just because you don't see how the changes are happening does not mean they're not happening.

Of course, the meds that I take are at a very low dosage, so this is an area about which my knowledge is limited.
Old 11-16-2017, 04:19 AM
Elite Fan

I am a nurse and have been on anti depressants since 1996. I have been on two different ones Paxil and Zoloft. Paxil ended up swinging me up into manic episodes...this was before I was diagnosed with bipolar disorder. in 1998. In 2009 I was changed to Zoloft and some of my other meds were decreased