Depression Support #18: Pain is temporary. If I quit, it's forever

Welcome to the 17th
Depression Support Thread

Someone To Talk To, Online Therapy, Free Counseling - 7 Cups

Emma♥Neal
Old 10-17-2015, 04:15 PM
Fan Forum Star

Great title, thanks for the new thread

The worst thing in your life may just contain the seeds for the best things to begin to grow.
Old 10-17-2015, 06:17 PM
Fan Forum Hero

Welcome

~*~*~

Ugh for the past week I'd been experiencing withdrawal with my antidepressant medication. Worst week ever!

-Gastrointestinal issues
-Fever like symptoms
-Shivers/increased sweating
-Nausea
-Vomiting
-Nightmares
-Dizziness (this felt different than the dizziness I got from my neuro. medication)

My insurance got f'd up (thanks Obamacare. Sht!) so I couldn't get my medication when I needed it. As a result I went 5 days without it and then within a couple of days I started to feel a whole load of effects.

Because the Cymbalta is a lot stronger than the Lexpro as well as a higher dosage (2 pills, 30 MG each. and the Lexapro was only one 10 MG tablet), I got the withdrawal a lot quicker.

Now I know this is one medication is one I will have to be weaned off of via my doctors and not quit cold turkey.

Ended up having to put the medication on my credit card. At least the pharmacy helped a lot and gave a substantial 'coupon' so that helped. And instead of the full 60 day we agreed to just a 15 day supply so it gives me 3 weeks to work it out with the damn insurance company.
Emma♥Neal
Old 10-18-2015, 02:04 PM
Fan Forum Star

Ron

So the holidays are coming up, and so is winter. As you guys know, this is a time when things can get tough, so I'd just like to remind everyone, if things get to be to much, this place is here

The worst thing in your life may just contain the seeds for the best things to begin to grow.
Old 10-21-2015, 07:42 AM
Fan Forum Hero

Went to my neuro doctor this week. Thankfully one of my tests came out okay for my hand.

My doc still wants me on the Cymbalta and the Gralis though.

And then he also prescribed me the over-the-counter supplments: B12 and Folic Acid. Both help with depression, anxiety, and nerve pain.
Emma♥Neal
Old 10-27-2015, 06:53 PM
Fan Forum Star

Moderator of ...
Taylor Swift

right now i feel lost. i know what i want to do, but i feel like i just can't do uni and you need some sort of degree to get a job. i want to be a website coder. i'm glad that that industry is freelance and also i'm self teaching myself to code tumblr themes and other types of coding.
Old 10-27-2015, 10:43 PM
Elite Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ron_Beckett (View Post)
Welcome

~*~*~

Ugh for the past week I'd been experiencing withdrawal with my antidepressant medication. Worst week ever!

-Gastrointestinal issues
-Fever like symptoms
-Shivers/increased sweating
-Nausea
-Vomiting
-Nightmares
-Dizziness (this felt different than the dizziness I got from my neuro. medication)

My insurance got f'd up (thanks Obamacare. Sht!) so I couldn't get my medication when I needed it. As a result I went 5 days without it and then within a couple of days I started to feel a whole load of effects.

Because the Cymbalta is a lot stronger than the Lexpro as well as a higher dosage (2 pills, 30 MG each. and the Lexapro was only one 10 MG tablet), I got the withdrawal a lot quicker.

Now I know this is one medication is one I will have to be weaned off of via my doctors and not quit cold turkey.

Ended up having to put the medication on my credit card. At least the pharmacy helped a lot and gave a substantial 'coupon' so that helped. And instead of the full 60 day we agreed to just a 15 day supply so it gives me 3 weeks to work it out with the damn insurance company.
Ron I am so sorry you have had to experience all of this. That is miserable!!! Hope you won't need to experience this again.

Yes, this is getting to the time of year when holidays and it is when most family get together for meals and visiting. Not many gatherings are happy or full of loving relationships. Non supportive and very stressful.

Over the years I have been depressed this time of the year and couldn't pinpoint the reason's why. So glad that the past ten years all holidays have been happy, non stressful and days to look forward to!!!

I have been on the correct med & dose of Zoloft since 2007. I had tried Paxil and it worked well but it also swung me up into mania.

I know some of you are going through a rough time now and may feel all alone. When I would be depressed which was almost my whole teen years, either depressed or a social butterfly. I am almost 58 now)
Old 11-18-2015, 12:46 PM
Fan Forum Hero

i'm falling in love with someone i can't have and i don't know what to do. it hurts so badly, but x is so wonderful to me and i can't control the depth of my feelings anymore. why can't i just feel nothing? i've never needed anyone before, but i think i'd die without x. i don't know what to do!! x makes me so fcking happy!
Old 11-18-2015, 07:33 PM
Fan Forum Star

Lexi, why can't you be with the person? Are they married?

Old 11-19-2015, 02:04 PM
Fan Forum Star

Moderator of ...
Taylor Swift

i felt depressed yesterday, like my dad asked me to hang out washing, i went out to the machine after about 2 minutes i felt like crap and went back to my room.
Old 11-19-2015, 03:16 PM
Fan Forum Legend

oh no Lucy I usually do my laundry on Friday and put on some music while I handwash my stuff... if I use the machines...it's 12-15 a month... so I put on some music...have a cup of large coffee nearby and get to work
Old 11-19-2015, 07:08 PM
Fan Forum Star

sending hugs for everyone

Old 11-20-2015, 06:28 AM
Extreme Fan

Hi guys. I'm also a depression sufferer. Been on anti-depressants for ten years now. I also drink a lot of painkillers, anti-anxiety pills, muscle relaxers as well as sleeping pills.

The reason for all those pills are 1. a have severe headaches and 2. I can't deal with life without them.

Anyone else here also with a problem like that?
Old 11-20-2015, 09:57 AM
Fan Forum Legend

Encouraging words, friends and Hugs on FF are my medication support
Old 11-20-2015, 10:44 AM
Fan Forum Hero

Leave it to other people's lives to make mine feel insignificant.

Posted a pic on my FB and it got a lot of feedback from old friends in my past.

I see them all successful and in relationships and I feel so inferior. Worse, I feel like just another non-white statistic (sorry but true and it's true what they say- that people who are not dark skinned can't understand. I don't mean to play the race card- I'm simply stating my experience and my reality.)

It's not so much seeing them in relationships that bothers me- it's the fact that I'm reminded of the life that I've chosen and the life that has been laid out.

I don't believe in relationships, I don't believe in love. If it's there for other people then that's awesome but it baffles me. It feels like something reserved for fiction or a reality that I'm not a part of.

I was just unfortunately royally screwed in that department. I've never known real true love in my family. There are only four options: A.) You die. , B.) You get divorced, C.) the relationship is toxic or D.) You're in a marriage of convenience.

So when I do see people in relationships, I can't comprehend it.

As it was it took me until I was 17 to admit to my own parents that I loved them (same with grandparents) because the concept of love just didn't compute in my mind.

In terms of relationship love though I've built up these walls to the point where I'm okay with not having a relationship- and even if it were to happen I can't picture one lasting since I don't believe in it.

I never grew up to know what healthy, loving relationships are.
Emma♥Neal
Closed Thread   Post New Thread