Emma♥Neal

Last edited by Sunrise at Midnight; 06-19-2015 at 08:17 PM
Old 01-21-2015, 10:52 AM
Part-Time Fan

The Reichenbach Fall
Old 01-21-2015, 02:53 PM
Fan Forum Hero

Oh so here's some news.

For those of you who are familiar with the non-profit organization TWLOHA (To Write Love on Her Arms), the movie is coming out on March 3rd.

I have a lot of books on the subject of SI. There aren't many movies out there on it though unfortunately.

Personally, I found this organization during my depression before the cutting started. I thought it was a great foundation, not just for cutters but for those who were feeling lost and depressed as well.

For a while I had kind of put this to the wayside but then when my own issues with SI began I had discovered it again. This is the 3rd thing that helped me in my recovery (right around the same time I found a forum that dealt with this kind of thing)- knowing that there were others like me.

I'm kind of bummed that this got a straight to dvd release but at the same time a little relieved. I don't think I'd feel comfortable watching this movie with a bunch of strangers. I'll be able to truly appreciate it in the comforts of home.

Emma♥Neal
Old 01-21-2015, 02:55 PM
Fan Forum Star

I really love where the panic button in the OP goes

The worst thing in your life may just contain the seeds for the best things to begin to grow.
Old 01-21-2015, 04:08 PM
Fan Forum Hero

LOL thanks. I thought that would be a little fun back when I first added it on

~*~*~

So Self Injury Awareness Day is coming up March 1st.

I've never really done much for it. Last year though I did draw the orange butterfly on my arm.

This year though because of my February one-year anniversary I'm taking it more seriously.

The idea for that day is to wear something orange or to draw an orange butterfly.

This year though I went ahead and ordered this bracelet from the TWLOHA website. This way I can get it before March (I hope- it ships that fast)

Emma♥Neal
Old 01-21-2015, 04:13 PM
Fan Forum Star

That's really cool Ron. Fingers crossed for fast shipping! ( Orange is the color for my issue as well.)

The worst thing in your life may just contain the seeds for the best things to begin to grow.
Old 01-21-2015, 04:27 PM
Fan Forum Hero

That's right it is.

There's only so many colors so there's a lot of overlap with them.

I looked on Amazon and while those were good they weren't exactly what I was looking for.

The TWLOHA has played a role in my struggles so I checked out the shop and found something to my liking. Not only am I getting a cool bracelet from them but the proceeds also go to helping the foundation so I feel that's the least I can do. (and the prices were essentially the same).
Emma♥Neal
Old 01-21-2015, 04:35 PM
Fan Forum Star

I've always though it was cool that one color had more than one cause, I know some people don't, but if you can support many with one color why not you know it's like having a mini extended family

Old 01-21-2015, 04:51 PM
Fan Forum Hero

Yeah I like that too. It shows just how connected we all are which is one more reminder of how important it is in those times when we think we're alone.

With the one I ordered I like how it also says the words 'To Write Love on her arms'. In my case I like how specific it is.

TWLOHA is such a great cause and I wish there was a division of it where I live but there isn't.

~*~*~

These were some of the other orange bands that they had on amazon. The words are all generic but I like how they can stand for any of the awareness issues that belong to the color.

Emma♥Neal
Old 01-21-2015, 05:18 PM
Fan Forum Star

Yup, totally agree! Those are cool and universal, so it works great for many.

I also like Breast Cancer Shirts, Apparel, Gifts, and Merchandise Fight Like a Girl Shirts for Breast Cancer and More. They offer some cool things that are universal as well, I've never seen one just t for SI though...

Old 01-21-2015, 05:31 PM
Fan Forum Hero

Here are a couple for SI. The main TWLOHA website and then one on Cafe Press.

To Write Love on Her Arms Official Online Store - To Write Love on Her Arms.

Self Injury Awareness Gifts & Merchandise | Self Injury Awareness Gift Ideas & Apparel - CafePress

~*~*~

SI has always been important to me for the known reasons but I find it amazing at how much more the awareness part of it is becoming in my life. I guess because it's such a huge deal for me that I'm coming up on a year without it so I realize the importance of it on a much wider scale than before.
Emma♥Neal
Old 02-02-2015, 02:37 PM
Fan Forum Star

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ron_Beckett (View Post)
SI has always been important to me for the known reasons but I find it amazing at how much more the awareness part of it is becoming in my life. I guess because it's such a huge deal for me that I'm coming up on a year without it so I realize the importance of it on a much wider scale than before.
Makes perfect sense and you can probably see the signs of it other people now, so the awareness takes on an entire new meaning

Old 02-02-2015, 02:54 PM
Fan Forum Hero

Yes exactly.

So I started going back to therapy last week to help deal with the nightmares I was having. Damn my T was good. She saw things in me that I had long suppressed in terms of an emotional state. She saw a kid trapped in an adult body basically in the simplest of terms. It was eerie at how dead on she was about that because I've never let that out to anyone.

And she's gonna even work with me on other aspects that I had never done in therapy before. Prior to a lot of my therapy sessions had been all about cognitive therapy (in terms of rewiring the way I think- negative to positive thinking, finding alternatives to my SI).

She wants to work on healing that 'inner child'. And the first comment she had asked in that regard with regard to my cutting was 'Don't I want to protect her?' so how can I protect 'her' if I hurt my current self? I'd never seen my SI in that kind of way before.
Emma♥Neal
Old 02-02-2015, 03:09 PM
Fan Forum Star

To write love on her arms. Want to see that. Cool yo see chads in it

'People that are meant to be together always find their way in the end'
BrookeღLucas l EdwardღBella l RonღHermione l RyanღTaylor
avi: NOLA504
Old 02-02-2015, 03:14 PM
Fan Forum Hero

Chad has been doing a lot of meaningful stuff lately- TWLOHA movie, Left Behind, and he has that Christian graphic novel, 'Everlast'. I only like that GN because of the doomsday stuff though.
Emma♥Neal
Closed Thread   Post New Thread