Remember Me?
Register

Request a Forum   |     View New Forums

Closed Thread   Post New Thread

Tags Thread Tools
Old 07-20-2014, 08:32 AM
Elite Fan

Thank you Kali

You're right Kali, there's no other place like it. Yes this place is a gift from the gods. Really is. This place is great to unleash your feelings and emotions and nobody here seems judgemental. We all support each other even though some of us are thousands of miles apart which is beautiful. This place is so warm and friendly. Really comforting
Old 07-20-2014, 09:03 AM
Fan Forum Star

hugs for everyone

The worst thing in your life may just contain the seeds for the best things to begin to grow.
Old 07-21-2014, 12:01 AM
Fan Forum Hero

thank you for the support kali, vicki and tina! i don't know what to say though, honestly. i mean, the last person i told about my depression, they never talked to me again. what kind of ~friend would do that? i'm still stunned. anyway, we all have our ups and downs. i'm just glad i crawled my way back from hell. i would have missed so much if things turned out differently. i guess i just have to accept that there are days when i'll feel like crap. sigh!

sorry for your loss vicki! my sister died similarly.

and tina has balls of steel. go tina!
Old 07-21-2014, 01:46 AM
Fan Forum Star

Quote:
Originally Posted by i never learn (View Post)
i don't know what to say though, honestly. i mean, the last person i told about my depression, they never talked to me again. what kind of ~friend would do that?
just know that of you ever feel the need, you have a safe non judgemental place here to do so, with a great group of people

The worst thing in your life may just contain the seeds for the best things to begin to grow.
Old 07-21-2014, 01:08 PM
Fan Forum Star

Aw, Alexis. We're here for you

Quote:
and tina has balls of steel. go tina!
Thanks!
Old 07-29-2014, 07:02 PM
Obsessed Fan

Two things Dr Brian suggests for getting rid of depression is aerobic exercise and eliminating processed sugar (junk foods) and booze. He also suggests various herbs and a good chemical free wholefood diet. He has helped many people overcome depression.

DR Brian Clement How To Cure Depression (4 mins)
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JjdE5bEBZkk

I know his advice is good because l cured my depression and have helped others overcome it too using similar techniques WITHOUT counselling.

It's important for people to take their own steps in fixing this dreaded condition and not rely on others to do it for us. The buck stops with us....we have to want to get out of our comfort zone and do whatever it takes and not do what's convenient.

It is a lifestyle change that a pill and counselling won't cure. Why? Because those things only treat symptoms and keep you dependant on outside influences instead of fixing it internally yourself. The key is to cure it instead of being reliant on pills and counselling!!!

This is the best possible support l can give in this thread....these are my words of wisdom from my experiences. I want people to take control and stop feeling sorry for themselves. I've been through this and l know how destructive self pity and pills are. I am not saying to throw away your medication, l am saying to improve your lifestyle with exercise, good foods and no junk foods. You may not feel like doing it, but with me l forced myself. I cried so many nights because the changes were hard, but l stuck with it.

This is your life, so do everything you can to make it count because you all deserve it. Getting out in the sun regularly would also help because vitamin D deficiency is highly common and that is linked to depression also. As l said...curing depression involves a COMBINATION of lifestyle factors, and it is not as simple as a pill or counselling.

Even when tragedy does strike, a good lifestyle helps you bounce back wayyy quicker. Hope this helps.

I have read the sad stories of DarkAngelx, Tina and others, and l feel for you all. Many people go through bad stuff of some type, but it up to us to move on from that dark place, because we are meant to.

With love: Future husband of Kelly.

Last edited by Future husband of Kelly.; 07-29-2014 at 07:31 PM
Old 07-30-2014, 05:31 PM
Fan Forum Hero

Damn so my latest Rizzoli & Isles book got me thinking back to my SI days. In it the character mentions a technique called "Bread Knifing".

I never knew there was an actual term for cutting patterns. I looked it up and mainly I just found stuff related to it on forums with shaving. Apparently though it's a repeated slice on the same plane as you go deeper.

I just always called it a violin motion because that's what it reminded me of. It's kind of comforting to have a term for it though.
Emma♥Neal
Old 07-30-2014, 06:50 PM
Fan Forum Star

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ron_Beckett (View Post)
Damn so my latest Rizzoli & Isles book got me thinking back to my SI days. In it the character mentions a technique called "Bread Knifing".

I never knew there was an actual term for cutting patterns. I looked it up and mainly I just found stuff related to it on forums with shaving. Apparently though it's a repeated slice on the same plane as you go deeper.

I just always called it a violin motion because that's what it reminded me of. It's kind of comforting to have a term for it though.
Aw Ron

Old 07-30-2014, 07:41 PM
Elite Fan

I had my first real downer about my daughter yesterday, the first time in 4 months. I found a bunch of beautiful pink dresses that I bought for her while I was pregnant, I thought that I got rid of everything baby related after I lost her, but no, I found them in the attic and I just bursted into tears.
I want to be able to look at a baby in public and buy baby clothes for a friends baby without crying or feeling sorry for myself but I just can't. I feel I am letting myself down. I feel a failure.
Old 07-30-2014, 07:56 PM
Fan Forum Star

Vicki you are not a failure and you're not letting yourself down. This is something that's always going to bring extreme emotions for you and you know what that makes you? It makes you real! It's makes you brave. When the time is right you'll get there and until then you breath and take each moment as it comes.

Old 07-30-2014, 08:10 PM
Elite Fan

You always say the right words, hun, always. Thank you so much

I think I need to see to my therapist again. I am frightened of sinking into depression again, but I am lucky that I keep myself busy and my mind mentally active enough to not lose my sanity.
I'll get there.

We will help each other, especially in this thread
Old 07-30-2014, 10:16 PM
Fan Forum Star

Aw, sweetie! Much love to you, Vicki.
Old 07-31-2014, 02:49 AM
Fan Forum Star

Vicki

Old 07-31-2014, 03:41 AM
Fan Forum Hero

Aw Vicki I didn't realise that happened to you. Take every day as it comes, and in time, seeing other people's babies and babies clothes will hopefully have no effect on you. You're strong and just being able to reflect will help you.
Old 07-31-2014, 05:52 PM
Fan Forum Hero

+i hate that i abuse myself.
+i feel guilty for doing these things.
+i just want to be healthy.
+i'm tired of saying tomorrow.
+TOMORROW, TOMORROW, TOMORROW!
Closed Thread   Post New Thread