Fan Forum
Remember Me?
Register

Request a Forum   |     View New Forums

Reply   Post New Thread

Old 01-09-2011, 08:29 AM
New Fan

Dance thread

here you can post about what kind of dance you like, how long you have been doing it. and even post some videos.

Ill start, i like hip hop BUT i also like some disney dances. ive never taken a class, im way too busy. and i feel like im too old to start now (im almost 22) if you want to see me, my youtube is Youtube.com/megannnvictoria
MegannnVictoria is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-09-2011, 05:56 PM
Elite Fan

When I was 3 in the late 1950's, Shirley Temple movies were shown on TV.
Shirley made tap dancing look easy and a lot of fun.

Since I was never allowed to take tap classes as a child, I "jumped" at the chance beginning my 3rd year of college. I had transferred to that college and was happy to see they offered beginning, inermediate, & advanced tap classes and each lasted all year long.
I took all 3 class. After becoming a Registered Nurse(RN), I headed up a staff variety show. Besides being the MC, the dances/music I chose to do for the over 65 crowd was Tea fo Two, Blue Skies, & Don't Get About Much Anymore. When I worked at Children's Hospital, I would tap dance for many of the Rehab girls who were my patients with head injuries, recovery from Guellien Barret. They then wanted to learn. The Physical Therapists always backed up the benifits of them learning since it uses both sides of the brain. A few former female patients when coming back to the clinic for follow up visit stopped by to say they learned tap dancing! And, that was what made their balance come back and walking improve so quickly!

Have taken some short community tap classes over the years. Fun to lear new steps and combonations.
Learned, soft shoe, Irish jig, regular tap with traditional time steps, jazz tap, disco tap! Learned a tap dance to "Boogie Shoes" & "Disc Inferno". Preformed in lots of places from the late 1970's to mid 1990's.

Sorry, no video clips. to TAP! Oh, Yeah, My tap shoes are silver, with medium heel, with staccoto taps on bottom of shoes near the toes. Stacco taps when foot is striking floor accurately and quickly makes extra tap sounds.

Last edited by *KindKennen*; 01-09-2011 at 06:04 PM
*KindKennen* is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply   Post New Thread