Fan Forum
Remember Me?
Register

Request a Forum   |     View New Forums

Closed Thread   Post New Thread

Old 09-30-2005, 03:59 AM
Elite Fan

The cooking club #5 - We love to eat!

Ok had to start a new thread so quickly thought up this title, hope it's not lame heh.

Btw post away......
Old 09-30-2005, 05:10 AM
Loyal Fan

I just read through the first 11 pages of the last thread, it took a long time and when I went to post a reply it was closed Anyway, I love BBQs, I don't know anyone at all who doesn't own a BBQ (either gas or woodfired). I'm building a brick one at the minute, so until thats finished we just start a fire out back, put some bricks up and put the hotplate on it. I love BBQ kabobs with beef, peppers and onions marinated with honey, soy and garlic or red wine marinade, and I also love pork spare ribs with the honey, soy and garlic. I also cook lots of soups from scratch, patatoe and leek, patatoe and bacon, pumpkin, cream of pumpkin etc. My favourite food at the moment are thai curries, I'm always cooking them, yum.

Something I wanted to ask is, if I make a tomato sauce (napoli) or jams or curry pastes, how do I preserve them. I would like to keep them for a while whithout them going off.

I think I might make some scones or some choc chip cookies tomorrow, I'm not sure which yet, I love scones with blackberry jam and cream

Belinda
Old 09-30-2005, 10:10 AM
Moderator Support Team

Jo, can I provide pics for you to add in the first post?

Summer is over here so no more barbecues.....
Old 09-30-2005, 10:51 PM
Elite Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by quarterley
Jo, can I provide pics for you to add in the first post?
Sure.

And I like curry, kind of missed eating it come to think of it now.
Old 10-01-2005, 04:14 AM
Master Fan

Belinda, canning them would preserve them. You would need canning jars and a big pot that the jars can fit in because you'd have to boil them. And another pot to boil the lids. There's also a pressure canner or something like that. I remember my parents always did it the old fashion way with boiling water.
Old 10-02-2005, 06:20 AM
Fan Forum Hero

Thanks for the new thread
Old 10-03-2005, 03:36 AM
Elite Fan

Do i have to post all btw.....or I'll just choose the first one then since it represents the general topic if it's ok.
Old 10-03-2005, 10:21 AM
Moderator Support Team

Quote:
Originally Posted by Scare Queen
Do i have to post all btw.....or I'll just choose the first one then since it represents the general topic if it's ok.
Sure. That one looks good anyway.
Old 10-04-2005, 12:01 AM
Elite Fan

I just ate chicken rice btw though just the rice cus I ate too much meat over the last wekend so I thought I'll skip on the meat. Though the rice is the best part heh. And for those wondering how it looks like, here's a pic.

Old 10-04-2005, 01:47 AM
Master Fan

Hello guys I just got back from another great weekend in the heart of Italy... so many wonderful meals...
Too bad I'm not used to this kind of stuff, and yesterday I had a bad attack of stomach pain, nausea, and dizziness. I like to eat a lot but sometimes I should stick to the normal stuff.

..about the fast food issue we were talking about in the last thread...
...I totally see your point when you say that fast food is cheaper and sometimes healthier than other restaurants/diners. And I'm sorry when I hear that, because I hardly never realize how easy it is to find great and cheap food here in Italy
I also agree with the person (can't remember the name right now) who said that fast food tastes better after a long time you haven't had any. It reminds me of the guy from "Supersize me". He was so excited the first day, and then after a month of eating McDo he was devastated

Photographs
Blog
Old 10-04-2005, 01:53 AM
Master Fan

Here's something I can never have enough of: singapore noodles

Photographs
Blog
Old 10-04-2005, 03:55 AM
Master Fan

I simply adore Asian noodle dishes. Yum! I just discovered there's an authentic Korean restaurant near my home. Yay!!

Does anyone have any recipes for sundried tomatoes in olive oil? I bought a jar for a sandwich and now I have a jar left. LOL And does anyone know how long they last in the fridge?
Old 10-04-2005, 06:34 AM
Elite Fan

Just a gentle reminder: try not to double-post in future.

And I love noodles in general, spaghetti, fried noodles, soup noodles you name it. And yes I love eating those thick japanese or korean noodles when I have the luxury to eat them. Btw I ate instant noodles today though lol and it's mee goreng flavoured along with my chicken rice. Yeah asian food is just my staple food though.
Old 10-04-2005, 07:14 AM
Master Fan

I like noodles aswell

I made pumpkin soup last sunday and it was very tasty I'm just too addicted to soup lately our freezer is full of soup I made and then I have freeze it because I always make too many (made 10 liters pumpkin soup )
Closed Thread   Post New Thread