Fan Forum Legend

Moderator of ...
Star Trek
Robert Carlyle

what!!, that is a bit of a cheek!

Aww Jess

Old 02-05-2017, 06:22 PM
Fan Forum Star

People don't get to be that way on their own, though. They're probably used to getting help in that way or have been made to believe that it's normal.
Old 02-06-2017, 04:51 PM
Fan Forum Star

fundraising for church mission trips is pretty normal for those who are not "rolling in the dough" but doing so while dropping big bucks on house upgrades is a red flag, makes you wonder if they want to use it for another house project. It's just really fishy.

The worst thing in your life may just contain the seeds for the best things to begin to grow.
Old 02-06-2017, 05:24 PM
Fan Forum Star

There's obviously a disconnect there, for sure.

But, while we're on the topic, as someone who grew up surrounded on all sides by born-again Christians (who were lovely as people, don't get me wrong), can I take this opportunity to share my own complaint about the whole notion of mission trips to begin with?

Like, the world is full of all kinds of various faiths. Let people believe what they're going to believe. It reminds me of when the Duggars went to preach Christianity to dirt-poor Hondurans... who are Catholic.
Old 02-06-2017, 05:50 PM
Fan Forum Hero

One big whine coming from me. We got over a foot of snow, still snowing a bit tonight, and there are car accidents on the highway between the city I live and the city I work in and although my district called a snow day today, they say schools will be open tomorrow... even though the surrounding districts have decided to stay closed tomorrow too. If other districts can stay closed, why can't mine? I don't want to drive the roads when I can hear and see how bad the highways are right now I'd have to commute on to get there.
Old 02-06-2017, 07:53 PM
Fan Forum Star

steering-wheel holders who cannot deem to take their grubby no-driving paws off their damn cellular leashes for one freakin' second, and move that turn signal lever on the column so i know what the hell they intend on doing. really?!

stupid cell phone puppets. get off my lawn!

/end gripe
Old 02-07-2017, 04:25 PM
Fan Forum Star

^ Isn't driving while on the cellphone illegal? (I mean, the kind of illegal that gets you a ticket, I mean, probably not automatically sent to jail.)
Old 02-08-2017, 05:06 AM
Fan Forum Legend

Moderator of ...
Star Trek
Robert Carlyle

Should never have moved out, it's been one annoyance after another since I've moved in

Old 02-08-2017, 09:29 AM
Fan Forum Star

aw Tracey

trying to get back in to a workout routine is hard.

The worst thing in your life may just contain the seeds for the best things to begin to grow.
Old 02-08-2017, 05:34 PM
Fan Forum Star

The weather is outside of my power. Why is that again? Because that's really annoying.
Old 02-09-2017, 12:57 PM
Fan Forum Star

imagine if we all had that power

Old 02-09-2017, 07:02 PM
Fan Forum Star

Yeah, that wouldn't work out, would it. I hear you want snow. Well, if only it was just snow. And I'm getting off early here. All I have to do is navigate the icy sidewalks.

Yesterday, people who left their cars in the snow in the morning would have found their tires a couple of inches in ice when they got back to them at the end of the day. The day started out snowy/rainy. Then the snow thawed, and then the temperatures plummetted. I mean, I almost fell over a handful of times, but at least my getting home never depended on finding a way to melt ice without killing tires.
Old 02-10-2017, 07:02 AM
Fan Forum Star

having our own weather bubbles seems like a better option

that would be a big pain in the ass, frozen tires doesn't seems like a good time.

Old 02-11-2017, 12:58 PM
Fan Forum Star

Remember when the whole world was laughing at us because of this last fall?

Well, this is what I have to walk on when I go to work every day right now:

Old 02-11-2017, 01:30 PM
Fan Forum Legend

Moderator of ...
Star Trek
Robert Carlyle

Oh my...

Closed Thread   Post New Thread